Starting again after several failed attempts

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Starting again after several failed attempts

Postby healthy4life777 » October 1st, 2004, 9:12 am

Hi all,

I am starting again today on the 5 medifast shakes per day (no food) after several failed attempts. When I tried before, I ate food because I was scared of failure so I figured I would give in to temptation. This is really difficult because I am doing this alone and do not want to tell too many people. I really need to get through the first three days. Any advice? I really, really want this to work this time.

Thanks,
Jen
healthy4life777

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 1st, 2004, 10:23 am

Hi Jen! :wave:

Personally, I found having only shakes the first month helped me to focus on the plan - it was also easier I think because you don't have to plan any meals. Use the freebies of diet soda, fast soups, bouillion and drink water until you think it's coming out of your ears! That all helps to keep you feeling full. Persevere through that fear and come here for support. We want you to succeed, and know that you can do it! :stroll:

A MF Pal,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby RavenKat » October 1st, 2004, 10:37 am

I look back at my first month and I remember the feeling that nothing would stop me - and it didn't. You need to decide right now that no matter what, you will NOT eat anything off plan. Decide that you would rather gnash your teeth or cry or scream than give in to urges to eat. If you live alone it should be easy to throw out everything in your cupboards and fridge. Hopefully by the time you drive to some fat-food place you'll have talked yourself out of it.

Honestly Jen, if we can do it, you can do it. You CAN do it. :cleader: Know now that you might get a headache and you will feel hungry but that all of it passes. Plan ahead for those moments. Be prepared at all times with shakes and water and something to keep your mind off food.

The book I am reading says that there is no such thing as will power - everything is a choice. Just choose not to eat off plan. Choose now so you don't have to choose later; it's already been decided. It takes the pressure off. :D

Hang in there Jen! Let us know how you are doing....

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room