Star Wars (order of viewing)

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Dayna » July 23rd, 2006, 11:34 am

They're not as terrible as people are making them out to be. Granted, Lucas got a bit carried away by his FX, and the story lost a little of the joy it had the first time out. But overall, it still adds up to make a fun story. If you go into it expecting movie fun in the spirit of an old time matinee, you'll be satisfied. If you go in expecting deep, grand movie making in the tradition of The Godfather, you'll be disappointed.

Okay, a lot of the acting is pretty bad. But a lot of the acting was pretty bad in the original three, as well (even you die-hards know it's true, if you're really honest with yourselves ;) ). Episodes I - III are still fun. And, I admit, I cried like a baby at the end of III (yes, yes, feel free to ridicule me, now :mrgreen:). I think they're worth the time. Don't go into them expecting Great Theater, take them for what they are, and you'll have a good time.

There. That's my $1.75 (inflation) on the matter.
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Karakuri » July 24th, 2006, 4:10 pm

alpha femme wrote:uhmmm, i hate to say it, because i am a huge (ha ha) sw fan...

but 1, 2, and 3 do pretty much suck.

the only reason i can see for watching them is that lucas had always planned the series this way; the backstory in his head is what he molded these 3 episodes from. does this redeem their utter crapitude? nah.

episode 3 has some of the worst dialogue this side of a 50's kung-fu movie. that may be worth watching them for depending on your camp-factor.

epsode 1 will make you want to neer have kids; the whining is just awful.

episode 2 is probably the least painful. yoda gets down with his bad self in 3 minutes of cgi bliss.

lol i agree w/ you SO MUCH in regards to this.

ep 2 would've been a whole lot better without the terribly written "love" story. when you fast forward through that; the movie is TONS better. plus much love for Jango Fett.

ep 3 made me cry, but only because it was so awful. i never felt so let down in all my life. ok i exagerate, but really... it stunk.

oh and you forgot the whole JarJar Binks bit! ;P
start date: June 12, 2006
start weight: 260
new start date: May 14, 2008
current weight: 260
goal weight: 160
height: 5'7"
back on medifast, again, and ready to kick it into gear!
Karakuri
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » July 31st, 2006, 6:53 am

Was able to watch episode 1. Wasn't that great but it wasn't too bad, either. Of course, now I have to watch 2 and 3 just to see what the heck's going on with Annakin.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'