Star Jones

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Serendipity » July 5th, 2006, 4:46 am

DogMa wrote:As for the big head, I always think of that as Oprah syndrome. When she got really thin way back when, she had the same problem: tiny body, giant head.

Would you think I was strange if I said I'd like to have that problem? :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby LiLYipper » July 5th, 2006, 8:20 am

Guess I'll jump in with my .02 ;)

I never much cared for Star OR the view...but what really put me off with her was her position on medical leave for high risk pregnancies. She stated that she'd like to see disability benefits taken away from pregnant mom's on bed rest...her reason..."they chose to be pregnant, now they have to deal with the consequences and it shouldn't be the disability company's responsibility to pay her money to lie in bed...if she wanted to have a baby and chose to have it, she should have been financially able to be on bed rest if that need should occur." (paraphasing)

however she lost the weight doesn't really matter to me....hmmm I wonder if she took advantage of medical leave during her "medical intervention" of choice! HAHA!
LiLYipper
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 5th, 2006, 8:39 am

I like the show alright when they keep it light. But most times someone says something to get me steamed and I turn the station, lol.

Star has always seemed very opinionated and outspoken even when she doesn't know what she's talking about. I think she needs to stay away from politics and stick to what she knows....the law.

As for the gastric bypass thing. I find it amusing......two of my least favorite "celebrities" dukin' it out on TV.....gotta love it. It's not a bad thing that she's leaving, but I think her replacement will cause the show to sink further and maybe fade away......just mho, of course.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby Ketann » July 5th, 2006, 11:02 am

Times like these I'm glad I don't have television...
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » July 5th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Serendipity wrote:
Star has always seemed very opinionated and outspoken even when she doesn't know what she's talking about. I think she needs to stay away from politics and stick to what she knows....the law.

She is not that bright when it comes to the law, either. As I said, the cops that worked with her had some nasty names for her, many started with B, but a lot also were to do with her lack of knowledge in the actual law when she was in the courtroom. They hated testifying for her cause she never backed them up (and did stupid things preparing cases).

But, you know if you can act like that, egt away with it, collect the money, and have no conscience, more power to ya. I never could walk around like that.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Ketann » July 6th, 2006, 7:10 am

I was thinking last night. What if I lose all this weight and wind up with a big head on a small body? That would freak me out! I have seen people like that before. It doesn't look right.
Ketann
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 6th, 2006, 10:05 am

in the words of chandler bing,

"big head, big HEAD, BIG HEAD!"
alpha femme
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Come on in.