It is currently May 6th, 2024, 8:52 am

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

Rock Climbing anyone?

I'm thinking once I get to my halfway goal, I'd start rock climbing - but I'm probably still going to be overweight. I heard somewhere that rock climbing (I'm talking indoor on fake walls, not the actual extreme stuff) is really good exercise for overweight folks - does anyone have any information on that? Google is not being helpful. Thanks in advance! :)
Read more : Rock Climbing anyone? | Views : 731 | Replies : 3

Swapping/Trading/Selling Workout DVDs

Guys do you think we could trade workout DVDs. If we get tired of something or its too hard or too easy. I have a lot as does my best friend, who does nada since she lost her baby weight. I have my favorites, but I have some that are too advanced.

Please reply if you would be interested and I can post my list. Or folks can post what they are looking for.
Read more : Swapping/Trading/Selling Workout DVDs | Views : 815 | Replies : 9

Newbie Advise Needed Please

I have a very sedentary job and would like to walk about 20 minutes at 3 MPH on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday during week two. Is that OK or do I need to wait until week 3?

I think this information is relevant to my question based on what I've read in the past: I'm averaging about 800 calories per day and am on the 5 and 1 plan. I've been losing an average of ...
Read more : Newbie Advise Needed Please | Views : 765 | Replies : 2

help full suggestions?

Ok, now that I have really gotten into a routine of exercise I need some suggestions on what exercises will help me to get rid of that fat that hangs down from my arms (my chicken wings) and what will help to get rid of that saggy part of my tummy. I walk on the tred mill and I am doing crunch thingys with the medicine ball but I want to know what has worked ...
Read more : help full suggestions? | Views : 817 | Replies : 5

Any Rebounders (Trampolines) Out There

Just checking to see who has a rebounder...the in home trampoline.
Read more : Any Rebounders (Trampolines) Out There | Views : 756 | Replies : 3

Hula Hoopin'

At Curves a few weeks ago, they had a hula hoop for us to try. It wasn't your normal hula hoop, it was heavier and had knobs all along the inside. I watched as several girls tried it, but couldn't bring myself to try. I haven't used those muscles for years and years and I was afraid I would make a fool of myself. Finally, after a week of watching others use it and have ...
Read more : Hula Hoopin' | Views : 879 | Replies : 6

Creatine?

Has anyone used this in conjunction with their exercise? I can't get a good handle on if this is just for people who want to bulk up or if it's also for people who are trying to increase muscle:fat ratio.
Read more : Creatine? | Views : 569 | Replies : 6

Great Pilates:Yoga Comparison

I was looking around trying to find out how many calories a person burns doing pilates. Since I'm about to start doing it twice a week I was wondering what effect it was going to have on my meal plans. I would prefer to get the changes correct straight off instead of plateauing and getting frustrated. The article is obviously about way more than calorie count, but I'm glad I found it! It has reinforced ...
Read more : Great Pilates:Yoga Comparison | Views : 805 | Replies : 1

Ok Folks.. Sat 7/22 will be 1 month.. ready to exercise!

I'll likely come in at a 28-30lb loss for the 1st month. I'm thinking it'll likely taper off to 5lbs a week for the coming weeks. I'm ready to start using that EFX elliptical I bought a while back.

What'cha think folks? sound safe to start with 20-30 minutes, 3 x a week?

Feeling good!
Read more : Ok Folks.. Sat 7/22 will be 1 month.. ready to exercise! | Views : 619 | Replies : 4

Treadmill advice

I posted this in my journal. Hubby decided I deserve a motivational reward gift for losing 65 pounds so far. A treadmill. It is my job to find a good one. Any advice? I saw a Smooth 6.5 that is $1500 that looks good and was rated well, but I'm not an expert. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
Read more : Treadmill advice | Views : 691 | Replies : 7

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286