ChynnaDoll

1 Thread per registered User.

ChynnaDoll

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 11th, 2007, 9:37 am

Ok, here i am after thinking long and hard about creatng a journal. Not much of a writer, i do realize there is more of a "personal" contact with each other in this particular forum. For weeks now i have been reading and admiring ALL of the wonderful entries here.

Seeing y'all "overcoming" your various trials and tribulations and reaching your goals week after week has given me the much needed "inspiration" to help me in making this MAJOR life in my change.

I lack "confidence" as you can probably tell from having read a few of my entries in the various forums, especially in Roll Call..lol! I'm very often depressed about the minimal weight loss i'm experiencing even tho i am totally compliant EVERYDAY that i rise. I guess i'm a person whose body says "you better take what i give'ya girl it could be much worse..NO weight-loss at all" In my mind however, i know that Rome wasn't built in a day, and i'm not gonna lose 50 pounds in'a week...maybe i'm expecting to much each week i dunno? But what i do know, at least i think i know, is that i have a new family here where i can come and cry, shout, pout, and REJOICE and know that there will be an "encouraging" voice from my fellow sisters and brothers here...and for this i am truly grateful:+)

I guess i should have started with this info first...lol! I live in Upstate New York...i am married and have 2 daughters and 4 grand-children. I am a retired professor of 22 years until i had a stroke in 1997, but with MUCH rehabilitation i am able to live the normal life that i had before..thanks to the good Lord.
My hobbies are reading, playing the piano which do for my church, and being on my webtv..lol! I DO have a computer, but webtv is a bit easier to understand. It'll soon be "extinct" i believe.

So this is all for now. Thank you all for listening:+) WHEW!

Love,
Chynna

I
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » March 11th, 2007, 12:05 pm

Thanks so much for your introduction and all your wondeful supportive mesages while I was away. Sometimes I felt like you were the only one reading my travelogue except my mother becuase you always had something nice to say. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

You're welcome Biki:+)

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 11th, 2007, 12:41 pm

bikipatra wrote:Thanks so much for your introduction and all your wondeful supportive mesages while I was away. Sometimes I felt like you were the only one reading my travelogue except my mother becuase you always had something nice to say. :)

Awwwww, you're quite welcome...what a sweet thing to say, but i meant EVERY word of it Biki. It was soooo wonderful seeing Hong Kong through your eyes:+)...i had FUN!

As you get to know me better you will find that i am a person that even when i'm feeling a little down, i will always try and have something encouraging and uplifting to say to another person who may be feeling the same way.
Thank you for being the first reply in my journal..now i don't feel so all alone.

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby bikipatra » March 11th, 2007, 1:15 pm

:D
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby MerryMary » March 11th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Hi Chynna! :wave:
Each of our bodies is different and we lose weight differently. I have had weeks when I lost 3.5 lbs. :lol: and some where I lost only 1.5. :roll: There were a couple weeks I remained the same. :x I did not always know why there was such a difference--there just was! :dunno: Now I am down a total of 45# :woohoo:

I hope you will find encouragement knowing that by staying on the plan you WILL lose the weight you want to lose. As you've pointed out it's not rocket science. Just keep your eye on your goal! IT WILL HAPPEN! :coolnana:

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 11th, 2007, 1:55 pm

post removed by Tawanda
Last edited by Tawanda on April 17th, 2007, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 11th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Girlfriend - I am so happy that you finally decided to start a journal. You have four grand chidren...I am going on my first...any words of wisdom? You are doing a great job staying compliant. Remember there are other ways to measure our success. Your clothes fitting differently and having more energy. You go girl....
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » March 11th, 2007, 6:18 pm

Congrats Chynna. Glad to see you progressing.
Welcome to journaling.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 11th, 2007, 7:18 pm

I just wanted to stop by here before i turned in for the night and THANK ALL of you for your words of encouragement to me...they truly mean ALOT. I'm feeling much better about things now than how i was feeling earlier today. I'm going to try my very best to diligently continue on this journey:+) I know there may be pitfalls ahead, but i'll just get up dust myself off and keep'on truckin'..lol!

Nite nite all...

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

A brand new day

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 12th, 2007, 8:22 am

Good morning my fellow shakers!!!!
I had a good nights sleep and had my shake at 8:30 this morning and in a half hour it will be 11:30 and i will have those GOOOOOD scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee :-P they are delicious!

I hope everyone had a good night too. It's a "brand new day" and i am looking forward to living in it without ANY complaints...lol!
I guess this is all for now...going now to view a few more journals:+)

Have a great day everyone!!!
Keep shakin'!!!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby bikipatra » March 12th, 2007, 8:53 am

Thanks for the morning cheer! I took a 1.6 mile walk myself, enjoying some beautiful sunshine, and just finished a bowl of chicken noodle soup.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 12th, 2007, 11:48 am

Hi Chynna - glad to hear that you are so chipper this morning - even if with the time change - you go girl!! It's important to keep a positive outlook. Thank you for all of your support and I too finally got a good night's rest. Keep in touch!!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

ALMOST...fell off the wagon

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 14th, 2007, 9:48 am

Boy have i got a story to tell 'yall...LOL!

YEP...i alllllllllmost fell off the wagon last night but DIDN'T thank the Lord. My husband brought home some Kentucky Fried Chicken and BOY did it smell good...it was CALLING me something terrible...LOL! He left it on the counter and after he'd eaten he went up stairs for something....well when i went to the sink to wash the dishes i passed it sitting on the counter...now just PICTURE this...i'm busy washing the dishes and my head turns to the right ever so often looking at the chicken and my inner voice was saying NO NO NO!!!!...so i continued washing the dishes, but when i got done TEMPTATION took a hold of me and low and behold before i knew it, a BIGGGGGGGG juicy drumstick was sitt'n in MY hands...just about to put it in my mouth BOOM there he was, and YANKED it right out'a my hands...why da heck was i soooo weak?...i've been doing so good. So that's my last night SAGA...LOL!

Hope everyone is doing good today:+)

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby DonicaB » March 14th, 2007, 11:20 am

Chynna~ It's funny how we are so ever aware of the food around us. We look at it and contemplate whether or not we should eat it. We smell it and long to get our hands on it.

For me, though, food never quite satisfied me the way I thought it should. It didn't taste quite as good as I thought, so......I would go and find something else that I thought would taste great. Then.......when that didn't satisfiy me either.....I would look for something else....until......I was so full, I couldn't possibly eat another thing. This behavior is what led me to be overweight.

I'm so glad that chicken got snatched out of your hands. You would have been so disappointed after you ate the chicken. ;) I have to ask.......did you lick the grease off of your fingers? Since they say it's finger lickin good!!!!!!!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 14th, 2007, 1:43 pm

Donica wrote:
I have to ask.......did you lick the grease off of your fingers? Since they say it's finger lickin good!!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha i didn't have a chance to cuz he pushed me over to that sink and put my hand under the faucet so fast til' it wasn't even funny...LOL!!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Next

Return to My Journal