ChynnaDoll

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JonnaD » March 23rd, 2007, 9:57 am

That's so sick! Now, the question - was accidental or on purpose. Are they hiring people who can't read? :cry:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 23rd, 2007, 1:12 pm

Chynna- I am just so happy that everything turned out okay for your babies. I hope they find whoever did this.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 25th, 2007, 5:16 pm

Congrats on your weight loss - you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work Chynna!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Good Morning!

Postby ChynnaDoll » April 15th, 2007, 9:08 am

Good Morning! Thought i'd better come over and say hello and let y"all know what's going on with me...don't want you to forget me..lol!

I'm still feeing LOUSY this morning...been down with a terrible cold or virus or infection or whatever this is since 2 Sunday's ago. I don't seem to be getting any better no matter what meds i'm taking...hoping this doesn't result in pnuemonia like Tonia said her husband and didn't know it...so i'm going back to the doctor tomorrow, and if he still doesn't give me something to knock this out of me i guess i will have to change doctors. Anyway, i was able to stay compliant most of the time through this and loss about 1.2 pounds since last Sunday. I know i haven't been drinking all the water i should and that's probably why i didn't lose more, and a few times this past week i missed one or two supplements..it's just HARD to eat when you're feeling so bad. Anyway, other than this current drama i'm doing ok. Hope everyone else is hanging in there!!!!

We here in Upstate New York are bracing up for a BIGGGG storm...it is currently snowing in my part right now, and quite heavy i might add. So now i'm on my way back to bed...i get exhausted it's seems so quick.

Even tho i don't write in my "own" journal regularly, i do read enjoy reading the journals of others and seeing such "inspiring" things that have been accomplished along your individual journies:+) and this in turn inspires me to keep on shakin!!

Take care everyone and CONGRAT'S to all you losers and maintainers :-P

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Pashta » April 15th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Hope you feel better soon... Let us know how the doctor visit goes. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby JonnaD » April 16th, 2007, 6:55 am

Chynna, if this infection is in your chest, you might want to ask your doctor to order a sputum analysis.

At the end of 2005 I got what I thought was bronchitis and after a couple of months the doctor order the analysis. I had the same bacteria in my lungs that normally cause ear infections - probably got it from drainage. Once he had that info, he could order the right meds and knocked it out within the week. This stuffed up nose I have now is the first problem I've had since then. :D Hope this helps.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » April 16th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Thank you so much Tonia and Jonna
for your most "kind" words, well wishes, and concern in regard to my current physical condition...really means ALOT to me. To be honest here, i was a bit taken back this morning when i logged in to my journal and found that not "another" soul here among my fellow shakers had responded not even with just ONE sentence of "i hope you'll feel better soon"...that really diminishes ones spirit, and most of the time while reading through other journals i find an OVER-ABUNDANT and sometimes unnecessary amount of support for folks in my opinion with "lesser" issues that do not need to be catered to as MUCH as they are. I don't feel the so called support here is as "equally" distributed as it can and should be, meaning that the "dialogue" seems to be mostly with a "preferred" few, almost "cliqish" if you will.

I am a person that doesn't like being hypocritical, and for me to continue with this forum i feel i would be. I have always tried to be "upbeat" in my responses to others, but have found over time that "I" hardly ever get any responses except for one time my sweet friend "Suzy" made an inquiry as to my whereabouts...even when that HUGE dog food recall scare was so prevalent and i expressed in my journal how worried i was about my little babies getting sick and perhaps dying, only one or two shakers responded...it's like no-one hardly cared....that's why i kind of dropped off responding as much i used to. It seems in the "beginning" when you first join this forum, that existing members WILL give you the sense we're ALL on this journey together as we well are, and that we'll be here for each other, but it oddly struck me and not that long either, that "after" i'd joined and been in the forum for a few weeks, the support as least for me, was mostly being extended among a preferred few as i mentioned earlier.

Please forgive me for ranting on, but I just had to get this said and off my chest, for it's been bothering me for a long while now, and i guess because not feeling well as i'm not, just broke the camels back as the saying goes. However, i have been informed that a few others of you here feel much the same way that i do, but don't wanna ruffle any feathers. I hope i haven't ruffled anybody's feathers with my personal opinion. With this having been said, i DO wish ALL of you a "Successful" journey towards a healthier life and also acheiving your various goals.

Chynna~
ChynnaDoll

Postby bikipatra » April 16th, 2007, 3:30 pm

The only thing that has ruffled my feathers is your strange use of quotation marks. I have pet peeves like that. If you go back over your journal and do a recount you will find more responses to your dog issue than you think. Many people are here to save their lives from obesity and don't know how or don't care to respond to off-topic posts. Also not everyone on the board reads every journal-there just isn't enough time. You yourself admitted that you have become more withdrawn so how can you expect the same response of those who are posting more frequently? Lastly, I have posted about my mood disorders and med issues and received ZERO responses lots of times. I do not think it was due to a clique but just people not knowing how to respond or just not reading my journal that day. I don't take it personally. I am not the most fascinating individual on the board and don't expect that my every post will bring in a rash of responses. I am sorry you feel left out and certain mystery others do too. I post in my journal for ME, to track my progress one day at a time, not for heart-felt responses. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Hope you feel better soon and keep on using the board for whatever use you can make of it.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 16th, 2007, 4:00 pm

Hi Chynna Doll:

I sure hope that you start to feel better soon. Were you able to go the doctor yet and find out what's going on? I know how difficult it is to stay on any diet whatsoever when you are not feeling well and for loosing 1.5 pounds when you were sick like that - you did great. I only lost .5 this week..bummer..but it's better than gaining.

You can rant and rave all you want - it's your journal and you are just expressing what you are feeling. I too think that sometimes we need to rant and rave instead of eating..right!?! I am trying so hard not to turn to food for comfort - but I did find a new comfort food - my MF oatmeal...but at least you can still be compliant eating it.

I hope you feel better soon.....keep us updated to let us know your progress on regaining your health.... :hug:
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby ChynnaDoll » April 16th, 2007, 7:55 pm

Bikipatra said:
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject:
The only thing that has ruffled my feathers is your strange use of quotation marks. I have pet peeves like that. If you go back over your journal and do a recount you will find more responses to your dog issue than you think. Many people are here to save their lives from obesity and don't know how or don't care to respond to off-topic posts. Also not everyone on the board reads every journal-there just isn't enough time. You yourself admitted that you have become more withdrawn so how can you expect the same response of those who are posting more frequently? Lastly, I have posted about my mood disorders and med issues and received ZERO responses lots of times. I do not think it was due to a clique but just people not knowing how to respond or just not reading my journal that day. I don't take it personally. I am not the most fascinating individual on the board and don't expect that my every post will bring in a rash of responses. I am sorry you feel left out and certain mystery others do too. I post in my journal for ME, to track my progress one day at a time, not for heart-felt responses. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Hope you feel better soon and keep on using the board for whatever use you can make of it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First of all Biki, don't INSULT my intelligence. I know full well why obese people use MM forum/products as one of many tools to help save themselves from becoming further obese. Also, i don't expect to have a reply from every single post or journal entry i make...that would be very unrealistic. I know that people don't read every single journal each time, and what they choose to reply to is up to them, and i don't really take it personal either.

Sickness whether it's a human or an animal is not an "off-topic" subject as far as i'm concerned. I did go back and check like you said to do a recount of who made a comment about that issue and like i said before only 1 to 2 responses were made. I just mentioned about my little fur baby in my journal, because it was something that was resting heavily on my soul at the time, and to interject this was my way of coping with the situation, and indeed Suzy and Jonna were compassionate enough to respond and i truly appreciated it. If you really wanna get techincal in reference to an off-topic subject it's all your mood disorders and med issues mentioned constantly...that's gets old to some but obviously not to others because they still respond to you even tho in my opinion that has nothing to do with the issue of obesity. Biki even just one person responding to you when you're in pain really helps. You yourself, even made reference to me the importance of communication in a reply you made in my journal...

bikipatra said:
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject:
Thanks so much for your introduction and all your wondeful supportive mesages while I was away. Sometimes I felt like you were the only one reading my travelogue except my mother becuase you always had something nice to say.

So don't try and convey to me that it doesn't matter to you whether people respond or not because that's just not true. As far as quotation marks issue, i used them because i wanted to be emphatic about what i was saying...if i'd known how to underline the word i would have done that, but i don't.
I would also like to thank you Biki for the well wishes you extended me. But as far as returning to the forum i really will have to do some deep meditation about that. However, i felt that i needed to respond to your reply. If you feel the need to reply further, please pm me, for i think this has been enough drama publicly.

And of course Suzy, thanks to you as well my friend. You are such a sweet person.

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby CaribGirl » April 17th, 2007, 5:38 am

Oh no, please don't take this private! I am actually quite entertained by this banter between you two. Chynna, are you in Junior high school? You are certainly acting like it! And Biki, I truly love it that you are so open about your issues. It makes for good reading, and I know it helps you to write about it all. Besides, you missed your calling as a stand-up comedian.
Chynna, if you feel so left out, maybe you should stop being so whinny. EVERYONE on this forum, myself included, only wants the very, very best for the others on here. It's all about encouragement, and positive attitudes. Isn't that the best way to go through life anyway???
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby bikipatra » April 17th, 2007, 5:57 am

We're all stocked up on crazy today so I have no desire to respond to her rant here or on PM. Sorry for the loss of entertainment! 8)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Pashta » April 17th, 2007, 6:51 am

Hey Chynna, you shouldn't leave! :( I've noticed the "cliquey" feeling of this forum as well. Not everybody is into that so I keep coming back and just stay away from those that act that way.

I was wondering about the quotation marks too, I guessed that you were trying to emphasize the words. I sometimes use *asterisks* to emphasize words or sometimes I use all caps... like "OMG no WAY! You just did WHAT to your hair?" (just an example lol)

Nobody can please everybody ya know! Especially since most of us on here are female and we all know how we can be. Hormones do some weird stuff to us hahaha! Take it with a grain of salt, it's not personal, especially since we can't really know each other in a personal way.

Hey, don't go though, you seem pretty nice and you're losing weight nicely. It's always great to see others succeed, nice motivation! :D
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby Serendipity » April 17th, 2007, 8:29 am

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I feel I must. (If you're surprised about that, you don't know me, lol) There are no cliques here. Yes, some of us have been here a long time and are better acquainted with others who have been around for awhile, too. Inside jokes happen. That doesn't make us a clique. Chynna, you have been on this forum for just a little over a month. How can you expect to get the personal responses you desire unless you stick around to get to know everyone? Give it time.

Many of us have very busy lives and barely have time to pop in and read. I know there are times when I'd like to respond to someone and I just don't have time. I know that someone will respond and they do. Do I worry about others posting in my journal? NEVER. It's my journal, meant for my use and replies are welcome but not required.

One thing that doesn't happen often here is hostility. We all try to do our best to keep it nice.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 17th, 2007, 9:00 am

post removed by Tawanda
Last edited by Tawanda on April 17th, 2007, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal