Self Sabatoge.....I need help

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

Postby BerkshireGrl » July 6th, 2006, 7:04 pm

TheShadow wrote:I haven't had any trouble with cheating. Believe me, it's not that I haven't been tempted. It's just that I don't, and here's what I have done to stay on the straight and narrow. I made one decision. That is to do this plan until I'm done...<snip rest of great post>

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I vote for this being an addition to The Elevator! :D
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Finally_Losing » July 7th, 2006, 5:27 am

Ladies, thank you for all of the support......I also took a ride on the Elevator thread this morning and several of those posts hit home.....I am my own worst enemy and it's time to stop making excuses and do this. It was working so why stop? .......... There's no good answer for that and no good reason for me to stop.

And it crossed my mind to wait and start back tomorrow or Monday, why start on a Friday. But that's just more excuses.....I've got my food here and I'm going to fix my oatmeal now and begin my day.

Wish me luck, I need all the help I can get right now.

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby TheShadow » July 7th, 2006, 9:04 am

Amy, you are doing the right thing. Get right back on the wagon, now, not tomorrow. You can do this. Come on...it's really not that bad. Make that decision that you are not going to keep doing this to yourself. Everytime you fall off, it gives you one more chance to say "See what a failure I am". You are not a failure, and are not going to be one. You are going to stick to this because you are totally worth it. You want to be around for a long time and you want to be healthy and active and this is the way to get there. Don't let anything stand in your way. You are stronger than any inanimate object (food), so don't let it rule your life any longer. It's working for you this very minute and every minute you stay on plan is a fat burning minute. I'm going to tell you what my friend told me, she lost 140 lbs recently. She said "I'm wishing you strength. I'm not going to wish you luck, because luck has nothing to do with losing weight". Be strong and come here often for support.

Tammy
200.5/182.5/132
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Finally_Losing » July 10th, 2006, 7:39 am

So far so good.....I've stuck to it 100% and even made it through a family meal with LOTS of good stuff that I didn't touch! :) I'm down 10 lbs and very very happy to have stuck with it....The key for me is definitely making sure I drink plenty of fluids. Thanks to all of you for your support.

Amy
Finally_Losing
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 7:47 am

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby TheShadow » July 20th, 2006, 8:41 am

That's great amy!! Keep it up. You can do this, it's really not that hard. Just picture all those fat cells melting every day you stay 100%!!
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Self Sabatoge...

Postby lverbraska » September 8th, 2006, 11:37 am

Wow - Amy - I was reading all the posts from your self sabatoge string because that is me all over, and at the end you posted that you're down 10 lbs after 4 days of sticking to the plan - that's GREAT!!!

I'm hoping I can follow in your footsteps - this is day 3 for me but it's the umpteenth time that I've started and fallen off the wagon so to speak.

Here's hoping this is going to the THE ONE!!!
lverbraska

Iverbraska...how r u doing?

Postby ebony868 » September 12th, 2006, 7:45 am

Hang in there. It is difficult, but I'm committing myself to getting through these first five days.

Day 1 was so easy, but I've been hungry all morning of day 2. I started the day with an oatmeal bar at 6:30 and just finished my first shake at 9:30. I've already had 20 oz. of water. Not sure what's happening, but I'm just staying away from the kitchen and reading this board to stay focused today.

I hope you're doing well and we can help you find something to get you through a full week.

Let us know how you're doing.

Ebony
251/245/180 Start Date 09/11/06 (a day of new beginnings)

ebony868

Re: Self Sabatoge.....I need help

Postby amietadla » October 27th, 2010, 11:52 am

Oddly enough my name is amie and I do the exact same but now after 2 months on plan and one month cheating I'm on day two of not cheating at all I have an issue with being starving around 10 then 3 then when I walk in the door I see everything I want to eat but can't have and then I feel like I'm starving any tips on what to do to help from feeling starving and tips on after work syndrome? What helped you? I've lost 30 pounds and I'm so upset I wasted a whole month of food so disappointed in myself it makes just wanna give up!
amietadla
First Post

Previous

Return to The Elevator