It is currently May 5th, 2024, 2:39 am

News News of Maintenance

Site map of Maintenance » Forum : Maintenance

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

maintaining weight loss

There's an interesting article in the LA Times this week with research explaining how our body functions regarding weight loss and why it's so difficult to maintain. :cry:

There are good suggestions however describing how people have kept it off.
:D

If you go to the LATimes website, click on the health section (left hand ...
Read more : maintaining weight loss | Views : 1004 | Replies : 1

Refined Sugar

Received this from SIM today and thought it was interesting. We know that refined sugar is bad for our health (and maintenance plan) but check out how it is bad for our skin!

February 16, 2008
Sugar and Skin
We all know about too many refined carbohydrates, like added sugar, can impact our diets and our teeth, but did you know that these can actually harm your complexion? In a process called glycation, simple carbohydrates ...
Read more : Refined Sugar | Views : 635 | Replies : 0

Some tips

It's nothing we don't know, but these are well worth repeating. From an article we're running this week ...

Researchers are just beginning to recognize that losing weight and weight maintenance are two very different events. Anyone can go “on” a diet, but a diet is temporary, whereas weight maintenance is permanent.
After weight loss, people are waging a fight against biology (our bodies really want to gain that excess weight) and environment (we’re surrounded ...
Read more : Some tips | Views : 755 | Replies : 3

Still all good in maintenanceland...

Hey, gang!

I have been a bit remiss this last week or two in posting, and while I haven't been a daily poster since even before I hit goal, I worry that if I don't drop by frequently, people will think I've fallen off plan.

No worries! No falling. Still all good in maintenanceland!

Still doing my crazy running thing. I wish I could say I was one of those zen runners who just goes ...
Read more : Still all good in maintenanceland... | Views : 7687 | Replies : 146

Lauren ... Extend Transition?

Lauren, you wrote this in Biki's journal:
Lauren wrote:The best thing I did, specifically worked for me, not recommending it necessarily to everyone else, was really extending transition periods. I made the whole process last longer to let my body acclimate, sure, but more importantly, to let my MIND acclimate to the adjustments...it made it a much more seamless (and less scary) endeavor.
lauren

I think you make a wise and valid point and was wondering ...
Read more : Lauren ... Extend Transition? | Views : 858 | Replies : 6

What is normal?

I posted this in Tawanda's journal:

T, I'm coming to realize that I will never have a healthy relationship with food. I will always be fighting the battle in my head, eating too much and the wrong things at times, feeling guilty for it, cutting back to make up for it, etc., etc., etc.......ad nausium. My progress is in accepting that fact and moving on, managing this affliction in my thin life. So far so ...
Read more : What is normal? | Views : 1848 | Replies : 20

Calling All Maintainers!!!

Howdy, Hi All~
I've been chewin' on this idea and wanted to run it by y'all.
I know that a number of folks are approaching the first anniversary of reaching their goal. I was thinking that it would be a nice time to add an updated picture to your individual studio thread. I, for one, would love to see how everyone's doing, to see that shining confidence, to see Robin's tank top...
It seems, too, ...
Read more : Calling All Maintainers!!! | Views : 1862 | Replies : 17

Checking in from Maintenanceland...

Good afternoon, gang! Well, I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like in the last week or two as things at work have been really busy - it's the end of the quarter, always a time when it's major nose to the grindstone!

All is going beautifully in maintenanceland for me - hope it is for the rest of you lovelies as well!

I am continuing to run nearly every morning, or ...
Read more : Checking in from Maintenanceland... | Views : 782 | Replies : 8

Positive vibes all around...Maintenance Land

Good afternoon, lovely forum folk! I just wanted to write a new post, in a different section, with all good vibes and energy.

We are all taking HUGE leaps and bounds to improve an area of our lives that has, for many of us, been a cause of lifelong stress and duress. Because of the significance of fat and diets in our lives, our feelings and emotions are heightened, everything is heightened, especially here, where ...
Read more : Positive vibes all around...Maintenance Land | Views : 906 | Replies : 7

1 year anniversary today of starting medifast!!

Well today is my 1 year anniversary, and I am 2 months in to maintenance, and boy is it hard! It doesn't make it any easier that we are getting maybe 4 hours of sleep a night, but that will change and it will become more easy! Still maintaining under goal! :lol:
Read more : 1 year anniversary today of starting medifast!! | Views : 1882 | Replies : 23

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286