maintaining weight loss

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

maintaining weight loss

Postby LAwoman » June 4th, 2008, 4:32 pm

There's an interesting article in the LA Times this week with research explaining how our body functions regarding weight loss and why it's so difficult to maintain. :cry:

There are good suggestions however describing how people have kept it off.
:D

If you go to the LATimes website, click on the health section (left hand side) and scroll down, you'll find the article (there's others about fat cells and weight loss as well.)

It helped me understand my weight gain after losing over 60 lbs. on MF 2+ years ago. I plan on remembering and utilizing this information to maintain a thin, healthy body once I reach my goals!

Hope you find it helps!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » June 11th, 2008, 7:17 am

Here's the link to the LA Times article.

Also, Dr. A's BeSlim acronym is 6 of the key techniques taken from the National Weight Control Registry that successful maintainers commonly employed to stay at a healthy weight.

Breakfast - Make it healthy everyday! High quality fuel, such as a delicious Medifast oatmeal, cappuccino, or chai latte is essential to start your day right.

Exercise - Continued exercise increases metabolism, flexibility, mental clarity and provides strength. Start with resistance training or aerobics daily.

Support - Your Health Advisor is here to help you reach and maintain your goals, providing coaching, tools and the caring support you will need along the way.

Low fat Meals 5-6 per day - Eating frequently, controlling portions and total calories, especially those from fat, are critical for success.

Individual Plan - Create an individual plan to help you achieve Optimal Health and build the skills and strategies you need to cope with modern life.

Monitor - Keep track of your weight and inches by weighing yourself on a regular basis to maintain Optimal Health. Catch it before it becomes a challenge!
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Maintenance