Fat loss vs Weight Loss

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Fat loss vs Weight Loss

Postby mtomto » March 11th, 2006, 6:43 am

I started last Sunday, went on Friday (day 5) to pick up another week of product (I am on 5/1) and the dietician scale said I lost 4 lbs in 5 days. That sounds good all alone.

But I feel like i lost a bit more. My home scale sez 10 lbs. My question is which is more important, fat loss/inches or wieght loss. I always have heard of something like "fat wieghs more than" something like that.
mtomto

WAY TO GO!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 11th, 2006, 8:37 am

Wether it's 4 or 10 your doing great!!! I decided to steer very clear from my Dr Scale...they are evil, even my Dr agrees. So many people up and down all day every day...they need calibrated often and it doesn't always get done. Anwyay...

I am not a Dr but have read a lot about this so take it for what it's worth. :)
The saying I think is...Muscle weighs more then fat..so if your are strength training you will see inches drop and perhaps some weight loss but at times no apparent loss on the scale. In reality, your loseing weight but gaining muscle. This is a good thing because the more muscle mass you have the faster/more efficiently, your body burns calories.

For a lot of us here it's really important to see that scale go down. I plan on starting working out on the bowflex at the end of my 4th week. I am worried about not seeing the scale move..but I know that if I perservere not only will I continue loseing fat. I will become more fit, gain some fat burning muscle, and maintaining, once I reach my goal...will be much more possible. :)

Your doing great!
Keep Shaking!
Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 11th, 2006, 8:48 am

You're absolutely right Gina,
Great post....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss