Maintaining our Loss

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Maintaining our Loss

Postby jenn161012 » October 4th, 2005, 10:07 pm

I was browsing around the net looking for information about liquid diets and came across this study. Some of you may have seen this study before, but I thought that it was important for those of us who are new to the program. I have copied a brief summary of the findings here. It is quite encouraging for all of us liquid dieters. More importantly, however, the study shows that it is imperative for us to use the TSFL shakes after achieving our goal weight.

"In a Journal of the American Dietetic Association study, women who lost weight on a reduced-calorie plan that included meal replacement beverages maintained their losses after a year by drinking at least one diet shake a day in place of a regular meal. Their counterparts in the study, who lost weight on a conventional low-fat diet that did not use meal replacement beverages, regained most of their initial weight." Hillary Wright, MEd, RD, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Boston. The Journal of the American Dietetic Association, "Liquid Meal Replacement vs Traditional Food," March 2001, vol 101.
Jennifer
Re-start: 6/4/06
221/218/140

<edit>incorrect ticker removed - UT</edit>
jenn161012
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » October 4th, 2005, 10:13 pm

Wow, great information. I think that there are some studies that support your findings here on this site as well. I think the key to keeping the weight off is that you must look at this program as a "life" program. Many people get on a diet and then get off a diet. This is a whole new way of thinking. What's even better is that Medifast is not a "liquid" diet. Sure, there are the shakes, but we are so lucky that we have so many other flavors and textures to choose from! This makes Medifast ideal when it comes to loosing weight and keeping it off FOR LIFE.

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing this information ;)
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss