Mike

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Donna » May 15th, 2007, 10:02 am

Hi Mike,
Just stopping by to say hiya! I didn't realize you were sick last week. I'm glad you are doing better.

I noticed you changed your sig line. I like this one, too!

I've seen in several of your posts where you mention your students, so I take it you are a teacher? I haven't zeroed in on what kind of teaching you do?

Hope you are having a good week!
Donna :)
"I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine." Eph 3:20-21

STARTED - 5/12/2007
PROGRESS - 213/204.8/115

Donna
Trusted Member

Postby Sojourner » May 15th, 2007, 10:07 am

Donna wrote:I haven't zeroed in on what kind of teaching you do?

He's Mr. Mac, the Science Hack :lol:
(or was it Quack?)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » May 15th, 2007, 10:47 am

Either will do Sojo ;)

I teach 8th grade science. It is such a joy ( :roll: ) dealing with these lovely 14 year olds all day ;)

BTW, my beautiful wife teaches 6th grade at the same school. Its nice working close together.

:D
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 15th, 2007, 10:50 am

Mike wrote:Either will do Sojo ;)

I teach 8th grade science. It is such a joy ( :roll: ) dealing with these lovely 14 year olds all day ;)

:D

I think the gentleman doth protista too much. :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » May 15th, 2007, 10:54 am

bikipatra wrote:I think the gentleman doth protista too much. :)

Amoeba you be thinkin' about da' paramecium ina yo' pocket. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Diana » May 30th, 2007, 12:37 am

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

pssst....i love you
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 30th, 2007, 3:14 am

Diana wrote::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

pssst....i love you

How cute...
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Mike » May 30th, 2007, 9:14 am

Isn't she though? ;) :hug:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 30th, 2007, 11:30 am

Hi'ya Mike! Just dropping in to say hello, and thank you for your prayers..much appreciated:+)

Hope your day is going well thus far! I've been mowing the lawn for some exercise...i was soooo SURPRISED this morning...i loss those 2 pounds i gained seems like overnight..lol!..it's a MIRACLE:+)

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mike » May 30th, 2007, 11:33 am

Boy has it been a tough month. :bricks: I've been up and down all moth long (weight -wise). :nana: Work is not real fun these days, with all of the stuff going on and the administration not being real helpful on campus. Makes the job of teachers harder. :aarggh:

Anyhow, I'm hoping that during the summer I can get more strict with myself and get some more of this weight off. :felix: I'm frustrated with myself for allowing myself to be on and off plan so much. :bahhumbug: I want to get these last 40-50 lbs off so that I can get on to living the maintenance phase of life. I'm hoping that this will be by my birthday:birthday: this year.... we shall see.

We had a great time with Dayna over Memorial Day. Her students put on a production of Tom Sawyer and it was great. :bravo: We also went to see a little production of The Secret Garden and that was done really well. :whoohoo:
We all went out on a big Jetboat excursion on the Rogue River and that was a blast. :burnout: Going 100 mph on the river and getting sprayed with cool water was alot of fun. :water:
We spent one afternoon and evening at the Boatnik carnival and Di and Dayna went on the rides. :bounce: Bingo was fun :bananadance: , although not lucrative at all. :dohdoh:

The ride home on Memorial Day wasn't all that great. :nonono: Took us 4 extra hours to get home, including the half hour we stopped so I could change the blown out tire on the van. :aarggh:

All in all though, we had a great holiday and it was very restful. :snooze: School is almost out and we are really looking forward to this summer, and the TSFL conference in July. :partytime:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » May 31st, 2007, 8:52 am

Something I need to remember.... this was my Support in Motion tip of the day:

May 31, 2007

Green with Envy?

It’s human nature to feel envious when those around us achieve the success that we want for ourselves.

Instead of berating yourself or giving into jealousy and self-pity, examine the factors that contributed to your friend’s success and figure out how to apply them in your own life. Your sister who lost thirty pounds may indeed have a “faster metabolism,” but it could also be that she found a form of exercise that she loves and is eager to engage in every day.

If you are feeling down or are in need of assistance, please see your Health Coach. They will be able to provide you with personal attention so that you are never hard on yourself.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Tawanda » May 31st, 2007, 3:05 pm

Mike, that is a great tip, thank you for sharing it here.

I wish you every success in hitting your goal by your birthday!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » June 18th, 2007, 7:36 pm

Well, school is out. :dance: :nana: :woohoo: We just had the staff over for the end of the year party... what a blast that was. :partytime: :clap: :toast: I was off plan, but I'm back on now. :whattha:
We've been working toward this day around here for the past 3 weeks or so, and the house looks great (and I think this is the most organized its been in quite some time). :poke: :goteam:
Anyhow, I digress. I'm looking forward to this summer. Going out with a friend on his boat tomorrow I hope. :muahaha: We are planning to go see Cheap Trick in Sonoma on Friday. :kool: My mom's 70th B-Day party is the 30th :birthday:, and then Di is going to Oregon for time with the sister :hug:.
Conference is coming up at the end of July. :bravo: At least I'm not on a long road trip this summer. :drive: Just home and taking care of things for a while will be nice.:yes:
I plan on being compliant this summer (mostly) and am going to try to get off as much of my last 50 as I can. :bounce: :shoot: Would be nice to fit into some 38 or 40 pants by September. :shades:
Next year will be a challenge :bricks: .... the possibility exists that all 3 administrators will be new. :idontknow: Our principal is leaving :cry:, our VP is not returning :brickwall: , and the other admin wants to be principal but we aren't sure yet what's going to happen there. :dunno: I do know that it will be a tough year next year if all 3 are new people that don't know the staff. :nonono:
Well, we can only hope for the best, because I am not in control.... He is. :bow:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 19th, 2007, 4:31 am

Hi Mike!!
Congrats on making it through another year!! I really admire teachers. I taught at a local Christian school when my kiddies wanted to try "real School" a few years ago.....You know, people think it's hard homeschooling...I think it's tougher teaching a class of 25 or more with different personalities.

One bit of encouragement...When you are not stressed, the weight comes off quicker. I find I'm able to stick with the plan. I'm an emotional eater, so perhaps thats why I chose to start Medifast during the summer.

Hopefully, you'll go back to school 50lbs lighter!!
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » June 19th, 2007, 5:55 am

OK Mike - I'll be compliant all summer if you will! :D That is my goal - not that it means the first day of school I'll grab some pizza, but I would like to see how far I can get with the weight loss if I'm compliant for 11-12 weeks. And maybe get some sort of regular exercise program going - I'm looking into things at the Y this summer, plus playground fun with the baby. My last day teaching classes was yesterday, but I still have to come to work until Friday - at least I'll be busy, because I have tons to sort and pack for my move to a new classroom next year. Speaking of which, I'd better get to work. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal