Just starting out

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just starting out

Postby Susan from TX » April 21st, 2005, 4:43 pm

I'm on day 2. Ordered directly from Medifast before I found these great sites for support.
I am doing the complete fast. I understand that to be 5-6 supplements a day and three of those must be shakes and only one bar, is that right?
I am having one boullion a day and a sugar free jello. I ordered the crackers for a snack but they have 11 carbs in them. That seems a lot for a snack.
I'm a little hungry but not too bad. My goal is to lose as quickly as possible therefore I don't want to eat something every day just because I can that is going to slow down my weight loss.
I would appreciate suggestions and would especially like to hear from Nancy exactly what you did.
I need to lose 50lbs. Thanks very much!!
Susan from TX

Postby kassilou » April 21st, 2005, 5:19 pm

Hi, Susan. Glad you found us. This is a great place for support (and a few laughs!)

The guidelines were recently changed. You no longer have to have 3 shakes a day. You could have 5 oatmeals, or 5 soups, or whatever combination you like. Only 1 bar a day, though (dang it!).

Someone will be with you shortly to tell you how to register for the site. :mrgreen: Then you'll be able to see our information that is in our posts and under our names.

Good luck on your journey! Keep shakin'!!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 21st, 2005, 5:24 pm

Hey Susan.........where in Texas are you? I am not in Texas at the moment because my husband is in the Army.......but we are from a little place close to Tyler.......about an hour and a half East of Dallas. The great NORTHEAST TEXAS!! Welcome my Texas Homey!! If you read the posts at all you know alot about me already. Tell us about you :D Register so you can do a profile and do all the cute fun stuff that we do with our posts. You'll see alot more once you register. Welcome and if you ever need/want a private talk just send me a message.
CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 21st, 2005, 7:22 pm

Hi Susan, glad you decided to join us. I think you will find the forum to be a fantastic place.

We love to help one another any way we can, especially through humor. We will be here to cheer you on :cheerleader: if you need us.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » April 21st, 2005, 8:43 pm

Hi Susan......Welcome Aboard....so glad you joined us....your journey will be much more enjoyable sharing it with these ever so wonderful ..... :bow: ...often crazy........ :goofy: ....people...they are awesome....... :thumbup: ....and there is plenty of room for you..... :yes: ...I understand your goal is to lose as quickly as possible...... :drive: ..... :hmmm: ....I think it is safe to say the majority of us had that same goal............but the goal comes faster for some of us than others.....just so you know...i'm not in the faster division.....however the good news is with determination & perseverence sooner or later....WE ALL REACH GOAL.......... :yay: ......may you be blessed with a speedy and successful weight loss.....and if by chance it's not as speedy as you like...may you be blessed with patience...... :angel:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 22nd, 2005, 12:14 am

Hey Susan, I am from Texas too. I have been living in DC for a little over 3 years. I am a native Dallasite though! How I miss Texas :cry: Just wanted to mention that you can have TWO bouillons a day. You said you were having one. I don't have two a day anymore but in the very beginning they really helped get me through. You can also have two pickles and two stalks of celery. I love my celery dipped in a little Grey Poupon. Nancy suggested the mustard so it is ok!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby mflover » April 22nd, 2005, 8:38 am

Nancy started off with 5 shakes a day. After a couple of months she subsituted 2 of her meals with other supplments such as the oatmeal or pudding. I dont know which exact ones b/c there are a lot of products. youre right the snack has a lot of carbs. i would save that for the days you really need it. like days you work out b/c it isnt going to effect your weight loss. ild also use the bars sparingly b/c they have a lot of carbs. hope this information helps.
mflover

Postby scrabbler7 » April 22nd, 2005, 2:25 pm

Hi there Susan - I've posted the registration link below -- as Kassilou suggested -- take the time to register on the site. It will give you added benefits of creating a profile, sending/receiving private messages, and of course being added to the WONDERFUL pounds clubs!!!

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/prof ... e=register

I started the program on Jan 15th with a goal of 43 pounds to lose. I'm at 32 pounds in this, my 15th week on the program. With your goal of 50 pounds, you can normally expect on the lower end of the average weekly weight loss -- or about 2 - 3 pounds per week once you are through the initial first week or two of large losses that most people report.

Glad to have you on board.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.