My Countdown Month

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby explorthis » September 28th, 2004, 7:32 am

as I get closer to goal, I find myself beginning to be irritated by those who comment on my weight loss rather than feeling good about it.

people I hadn't seem for a while wanted to know all about what I was doing, etc., scrutinizing my food choices, commenting suggesting that I go of my program… Needless to say, I stuck to my program,

Welcome to the world of weight loss. Happened to me for along while after I had lost the weight. I think it’s a mixture of jealousy, and plain “want to know” how you did it. Remember, 2/3 of the population is overweight or obese, and VERY FEW actually do it, lose the weight. HOW did you do it? They all want to know, they will scrutinize your choices long after you are off Medifast, and on maintenance. This is a good thing. Don’t let their trivial comments bother you, this is about YOU – about SYLVIA. Let them comment, let them gander, let them add their 25 cents. WHO CARES? The power of others watching you and in their minds grading you actually helps you be accountable. Maintenance is not the easiest thing you will ever do, and with a little “prying eyes” this will only add fuel to your determination.

Good and bad news, the eyes will slowly go away, and once they are used to Sylvia and her new weight, they will no longer “grade” you on what you eat. It took about 5-6 months of every eye on me where ever I went to fade away. I actually miss it.

Don’t let it bother you, but use it to your benefit, it is worth it. Just remember again, this is about YOU, not about them. You did something only few have done before, and they want to know, because you are not normal.
This is GOOD!

Bottom line is NOT how they feel about your weight loss, but how YOU feel about it!! I know what you feel, and it is euphoria!

YOU and only you can do this (with a little help)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 28th, 2004, 11:03 am

Sylvia,

I KNOW! People suddenly know what's best for you better than you do! Suddenly they are experts on food choices! When that happens to me, I really shut their water off by saying, "This is a plan medically prescribed by my doctor, that's been around for over 20 years, was tested and is used by John Hopkins". Well, suddenly they don't have much to say about it!

Also, I think when people encourage you to go off the plan and eat, they just don't like to see others suffer. They're not used to diets that keep people healthy AND work.

Shaking our way to Success! :toast:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 28th, 2004, 4:50 pm

Hummm -- yes, this is about "US" -- we are the stars when our "performance" succeeds as is happening and has happened. Some people like the attention, and others don't; one thing we can count on is that we're going to get some (attention). I never like having a conversation struck up about whatever someone else thinks is obvious about me, either. Like being a sitting duck. Ha!! I guess some people do like it.

I think it forces us into a mode of learning to deal with it, though. I am a conflict avoider in most scenarios, so I tend to cower from -- or feel like I'm defending myself from -- those interactions. I'm not a social animal by nature and whatever people thought was rather obvious about me, say, "working out", sometimes has brought me into focus as an object, as I see it, for others. I've found that fairly hard to deal with and have even chosen NOT to deal with it by removing that noteworthy condition from myself and my life. Logically, I could do more to prep myself and safeguard my interests, but, like with overeating, I have repeatable patterns of retreat from success/attention.

As for how things are for me, today, better! I did drink major RTDs today at work (5) and two powder shakes before and after. I HOPE I don't want another shake when I come back from the gym in a while. It seriously is "more hungry" for me right now.

I realize I will have to do some food within the next 4 weeks (4 weeks from today is 100 days). I just worry that I will be coming out into an eating frenzy and never catch hold of myself again. Obviously, I can only prove that isn't so by making it not so, but I'm still scared.

I thought of this in a new and interesting way today -- it's like getting ready to drive a car whose engine has been rebuilt. I feel like the retooling I've had with my efforts has provided me with something brand new and difficult to acquire. Well, no doubt that it is/was!!! It's a magnificent opportunity to get a makeover, which is what this is, fundamentally. It wasn't "cheap", but it wasn't $20,000, either. It was an absolute bargain for all the peace of mind I've enjoyed. No head trips, like a vacation.

I'm glad we have one another here and I appreciate sharing these ideas with you guys. Some of this is really new stuff for me!! Take care. Getting ready to do some work at the gym.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 28th, 2004, 5:18 pm

Dutch

You are marvalous to do such a wonderful thing for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Let yourself enjoy it!)

Aren't we all????

Who else would make such sacrifices for us? Give us such an incredible gift as these wonderful slim bodies we are creating to live in?

You all are the best and above the rest. Let them look up in wonder and jealousy! We will share the key to our new found euphoria (perfect word mike) with any who are open. The rest will simply have to wait until they are ready.

You my Medifast brothers and sisters are the crem de la crem!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 28th, 2004, 7:14 pm

Sudaoing,

What a perfect reply! You're an insightful woman and thanks for being here to share all of that. YES!! Who would? Would I even have done it for myself at various other times in my existence? I guess not. This is indeed a gift and we have perfect timing.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » September 29th, 2004, 6:35 am

You my Medifast brothers and sisters are the crem de la crem!

long as it's all 00000's across the calorie board, anyway.
explorthis

Postby sudaoning » September 29th, 2004, 6:49 am

Hey Guido,
May I please be admitted t the 30 lb club?
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby explorthis » September 29th, 2004, 7:17 am

Please? You’re asking me please? You DEMAND this girl, you earned every second of this, and you DESERVE to be in this club. Demand this....

You’re in, and it is my pleasure, in Unca's absence.

Interesting, moons ago, Tim asked me to monitor the board for him (them) while they were Leopard-ing around on the islands. Actually made me a little nervous - ME? Monitoring the board? Pretty big responsibility. Yikes, this seemed like a big task, but an honorable one, that I would be chosen as the proxy Unca for a few weeks. Now when someone asks (and suda, you should be demanding) to be moved up a club, it's like I feel happy inside, like I am blessed to "bestow this crown" to the deserving person...

Make any sense? I dunno…

Rambling...

-Mike
explorthis

Postby sudaoning » September 29th, 2004, 7:34 am

Alrigitey then..................

just giving due respect to Guido the Mighty!

Achiever of the State of Euphoria
Honorable Mentor and Advisor to those who carve a new life
Guardian of the road to thinville

Move over world.................

ever slimmer member of the 30 lb club passing by......

on the way to 40

hey yall, i now have 2 boxes of too big clothes that i am saving to pass to a friend on another weight program.....ya'd think she would see the light, huh?
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 29th, 2004, 10:32 am

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I'm throwing flowers on you as you pass by Sudaoing receiving your well deserved seat in the 30# Club.
Congratulations and Many Happy Returns!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby sudaoning » September 29th, 2004, 11:00 am

you'll throwing flowers my eye camille!

we'll all be arm in arm and movin on together in this euphorically triumphant procession!

:stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:
('cept gerald: :drive: )

waving :wave: :wave:
at our adoring public :thumbup: :shades: :point: :kool: :yeah:

who will be throwing the flowers at our feet
:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

we have risen above! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

love those genuflecting smileys!!!!!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby looznit » September 29th, 2004, 11:35 am

Dutch,

After reading this message, then checking out your before & current photos I must admit, "You look mahvelous"! I'm sure you know this but keep in mind as you build muscle you're going to gain in weight. I'm 34 years old and would be thrilled to look like you do currently. I'm sure my husband wouldn't have any complaints either!

Just adding my 2 cents. Good luck with your decision!

Stacey
With God ALL things are possible!
34 yr.
Start Date - Sept. 1, 2004
204/178.5/130
looznit
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby elle4nelly » September 29th, 2004, 11:48 am

Dutch???

I echo Loozinit!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd do anything to be where you are now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'd be way too euphoric to care about anyone's comments!! I'd be on cloud-Skinny Nelly 24/7 7days a week. Heck??? I'd be the one getting on their Nerves.....
I can hear them now...

Look at her! Here she comes around again with her skinny self...shu up!!! who does she think she is???? No she didn't....She must think she's better than us...

And I'd be walking by..high on Skinny-ness...swinging hips and all..in my pencil skirt, fitted jacket and STYLETO HEELS...

Yeap!!!!!!! I'd go on with my skinny bad self.......

So?? YOU are lucky Dutch!
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 29th, 2004, 4:13 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Well, creative minds have been here at work/play!!! I love it!!

Sudaoing, glad you made it into the 30 pound club. I am "in" but I swear I didn't ask/invite myself and I'm still a pound short of a well-deserved membership. Maybe tomorrow, as I'm in the low-digit 131s today.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm looking better than in the boat photo -- that much is certain. I'd love having the enthusiasm you think you'd have about my situation, gee whiz!! It's probably like green grass on the other side of the fence, and having this is just another day/another day to "make it", another day to try to move ahead, another vision of how it could be better by keeping on going. You get the idea. I don't feel the resolution you might imagine feeling. But in return for the kindness, I hope you guys will have a greater capacity to appreciate getting close to goal than I seem to have. We're working pretty diligently for this, doing some of the finest work we've ever done.

Today was A-OK. No big splurge on RTDs at work today like yesterday.

Yes about the muscle weight potentially coming along; I'm hoping it will wipe on/wipe off -- muscle on/fat off and I'll keep trudging towards my final resting weight. Incidentally, in the time that followed the "to be" gym photo, I put on a lot more muscle, but I think the decision is that I liked looking like the gym photo MORE.

Anyhow, this is one big Medifast. before-the-New-Year party, and we're all invited. Drink up!!
:cheers:
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 30th, 2004, 5:42 am

Hello, everyone!

DC, I've been avoiding this thread because I didn't want to be a party pooper and say what's on my mind, but here I go......geez, girl, maybe you really have set your goal weight too low! I am also your age (and I've given birth to 5....count 'em.....5 children :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!).....and I wonder how on earth you're gonna MAINTAIN that goal weight eating real live honest to goodness FOOD when it's been such a stuggle to even GET there on such a VERY low calorie diet?????

I feel a little bit like the little child in the fairy tale "The Emporer's New Clothes" stating the obvious when no one else would....I mean, honestly, you DO look great....maybe you need to rethink your goals....and think some about LIVING at the goal weight you've chosen.

I apologize IN ADVANCE if this post offends you or anyone else, I mean NO HARM!!!!! BUT....I've been quiet this whole time and felt like I really had to throw in my two cents.

love and hugs and TONS of support,

Lois
Lois

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room