My Countdown Month

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby DutchChoc » September 17th, 2004, 8:39 pm

Sudaoing, you're being very KIND to that scale. I would have to give it a clonk on the head, for sure, and maybe mutter that it's days were nearly done. I love the story, but I would hate that scale. Maybe it's partly the culprit, if there is one.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 18th, 2004, 6:54 pm

I'm not sure if I should be marking time or not, but I'm pretty much wrapping up the first week of my countdown month. What remains is 8 pounds and three solid weeks to go. At that point, I'll have to decide what to do on my small excursion to Boston. To be safe, remembering Nancy's violet watering day, I don't think I'll make any abrupt changes for the sake of that trip. Will really be only one whole day out of town, and it would be smarter to do without coming off my program for that day, obviously.

I'm very much liking being thinner and I'm still willing to make the sacrifice to become moreso -- and to make my goal. I've not been below 128 since I was in 8th grade when I had been on Stillman's weight loss diet and lost 30 pounds to go from 150 to 120. I was briefly at 128 after my son was born, not right away, but after trying to get back in shape. Very briefly there, and away again.

I want to develop some fashion style, the likes of which I've never taken the time nor spent the money to cultivate. That's a huge challenge for someone who feels inadequate in the dressing room. It's one of many that I'll have to work through, and food has typically been the defender between me and the kind of insecurity I feel from such things.

On to Sunday weigh in soon and to another good week. Medifast is marvelous. Let's keep slurpin'.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 19th, 2004, 4:07 am

Dutch, sounds like a very wise decision to me, to postpone changes until AFTER the short trip.

I am nearly ready to take your suggestion regarding that scale. I have a friend who said that was telling me that the number on the scale did not matter. Siimply pay attention to how I was feeling and how my clothes fit. Feel good and clothes are indicating a downward trend. What more could I ask?

More in the weigh in.

I brought my bike home and took a long ride yesterday. Probably way too long for the first day. I felt fine afterword, but by evening and a busy day I was drained. Had a little medisnack and crawled in bed with a movie. Woke very early today. Have to work. Bummer.

But will make my bike rides much shorter for a while.
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 19th, 2004, 7:44 am

Well, ideally that could be so -- that we can probably tell what's "right" without using that dastardly contraption that's broken so many hearts. However, using this product where the scale really can MOVE down, I've found that it's encouraging to know that it's "still working". Like Mike says, it actually has to work to do this, but I still like the reward of seeing something calculable and quantifiable. I swing quite towards the scientific and provable, in general. Some could get there on faith alone, but that's not I.

Glad you got to go for the bike ride. Now, if you had Nancy's cool basket, you could ride bike to store and buy scale -- ha!! :lol: The weather is beautiful today here, perfect for going again. I was already out loving it.

So happy that you're seeing some encouraging stuff again. We've been hitting the same marks since making the 20# club. Now, we're sitting on the 30# club door and you're about in, if not already. We're paying that Medidues and having Medisuccess. I'm ecstatic.

Yes, I agree that my trip is not the time to recoup any lost food items, lol!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby sudaoning » September 19th, 2004, 8:00 am

Ah, but I DO have a cool basket!
We live an a smallish town and only blocks from the grocery, drug store, hardware, etc. I thought the basket might encourage a little more movement. It is easily detachable, not large and could be used as a shopping basket or whatever, too.

Like you Dutch, I can hardly wait to see those numbers MOVE DOWN. I'm beginning to take this personally. I put the dog on the scale and she got a real number. That scale has broken my own heart more than I can count. It's almost a sweet revenge to make the numbers to DOWN. But I guess I will just have to be tantalized by the lower range and strive to make it as low as possible when it finally gives up and chooses a number.

You will be at your final Medigoal, whatever that ends up being, much sooner than I. You are nearly THERE girl! I am hoping to be nearly there by the holidays, but will stay as long as it takes.
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby DutchChoc » September 19th, 2004, 8:14 am

HA!! You are too smart for me -- already have a cool basket? That's funny!! You thought of everything.

Also funny that the dog gets a number and you get a range - what's with that scale?? I'd be taking it personally, too. :roll: Yes, though, you're right that a descending range works, too. You will have to post when you get a number because your profile no doubt needs updating and it appears that it'll be changing by pounds at a time. (I update mine any time I get into a new pound & it's like going to the candy store to do that.)

While you're getting there, I must "remember" (duh, my memory is fine) to stick around and not go behind the bushes for a regain -- which could easily happen with my leftover time before the holidays. One thing at a time -- one Mediburden at a time. :D
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 19th, 2004, 8:16 am

Ha, again! Now I see that you've updated the profile, too. :-P
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » September 20th, 2004, 8:02 pm

Little to report, just what seemed like a long day. Awoke very early and just stayed up to go to the gym when it opened at 5am; did 30 min on the elliptical machine for a small variation of the usual crosstrainer. Did not get on the scales today. Felt, frankly, like a sponge that's been sopping up too much liquid, though that's some twist of reality, probably. Did not anticipate good news. In fact, feel about that way right now -- chubby from fluids. Must be tired and delirious.

Doing fine in the MF sense. Took my first RTDs to work instead of powder and found them to be OK... still like to use the dutch chocolate powder when home, though.

Will pick up again tomorrow without fail. Still amazed much of the time to be doing well and having the goal in the crosshairs.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2004, 6:26 am

Good Mornin' Dutch ~

:shock: What's this? Do I detect a bit of flabbiness in your self-talk today? Huh? :whip:

You are thinnin', Girl. You :weightlift: exercised for the day, you are doing the right things to get you to where you wanna be - your goal is just around the corner and we are on the eve of fall - a beautiful time of the year!

Oh, Dutch, you're gonna be just where ya wanna be for Thanksgiving, CHRISTmas and the New Year! You will have a healthy start on not only the New Year, but the new YOU!

You may not have anticipated good news this morning, but I see lots of GOOD news about you and for you! You are a great encourager to others, now go look in the mirror, :lol: smile at your reflection and say, "Hoo-chy, Mama! I LOOK good, I FEEL great and I AM an awesome thinner woman!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sudaoning » September 21st, 2004, 9:04 am

Nancy

You never fail to put a smile on my face.

Dutch, Hang in there. This too shall pass and you will be left slinky and sexy!
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning

Postby DutchChoc » September 21st, 2004, 4:20 pm

Well, THAT is a nice surprise and a pick me up, friends! Thanks for the encouragement.

Today is going well and I'll be working out in a couple of hours. I'm already dressed for it. I don't want to seem to be depicting myself as someone whose exercise is on the increase -- yet I think it is. I've already been there three times since Saturday and I try to keep it to 3 - 4 times per week just because I can get carried away and obsessive (not in a good way). Maybe I'll be tired the rest and won't feel like going again? Or maybe there won't be a good opportunity.

I got on the scale and did get a reading this morning, lol, but it was back into the 133s, just as bloated as I thought I felt. I'm still doing the right stuff, but I had a shake before work, THREE RTDs at work AND a packet today!! and then my dinner shake a while ago. I do sometimes have six, but that's usually including the one from after the workout. Four at work is a bit startling when two at work used to suffice. It's something to be alert about. I'm not saying I'm running amuck, but that's suspicious. Maybe I'm just feeling like being dramatic and that's about as dramatic as I can be/get right now. HA!!

Nancy, you have such a way with words and for helping people feel better about things. I like your projection of how it could be over the coming months, even CHRISTmas, lol. I'm still pretty scared of coming unMedifasted (think "coming unravelled). No need to, I realize, no real need to. Nothing is worth taking on the weight of the world again, which is how it feels to be unhappy and out of control.

This is my happiest time in years and I have to thank you all for the parts you've played! Life is good and I didn't do it all myself.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2004, 6:46 pm

Oh, Honey!

I am so happy for your success and that you can begin to see that there will be :lol: gladsome days in your future, too.

Enjoy these days that you are learning self-discipline. It feels so good to decline fattening sugary calorie laden food and to know that you really CAN be in charge.

Worry not about theHOLIdays and the future - you will do just fine. Having several Medifast meals a day will ensure your success. We know that you shall continue to eat every three hours, small meals, lotsa water and with your exercise routine, you are gonna remain a foxy lady!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DutchChoc » September 21st, 2004, 8:22 pm

Thanks, Nancy. I hope you're right. I could swear that I have a bad streak in me that turns to fat at the most inopportune times, but I'll try to have that faith that I need. If I have the discipline to do this NOW, surely I can have the discipline to stay sane later, too. I feel like a real-life Princess Fiona sometimes -- when darkness comes, here comes the fat again.

:?:

I'd sure like some gladsome days, having lived in martydom about enough things for enough time, lol.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 21st, 2004, 9:14 pm

Dutch,

Don't worry about the holidays. We'll all be in the same boat and will be here giving and taking the support we need. I'm very proud of you - almost at your goal. What a great accomplishment. You're a model Medifaster!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 22nd, 2004, 8:11 am

Well, Hawaii, I don't have enough time under my belt to be a model Medifaster yet, nor perhaps even enough difficulty, but I'm so grateful to all of this "situation" to be optimistic, happy, and forward-looking again. I'm a miserable chubbette. I don't think it's even that I hate being fat as much as I hate the behaviors that plague me and take over my life at those grim times.

This is a BEAUTIFUL day here and I'd be lying if I said I'm not making the most of it. I'm not at work, either and I'm expecting a new steam generator to come by UPS for my sewing and ironing. Have wanted one for years, so it's a special treat to "ME".

We are moving towards the prize and living well on the way!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room