12 week countdown till Christams Challange

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby lastdiet » October 18th, 2005, 5:06 pm

ok, i'm in too! thanks for the extra motivation!
i'm back on track now (day 2) and hopefully by christmas i can be at goal though i'm not sure what goal is. i'm thinking 25 pounds....

gives me a few months to find just the right bow
7/27/2005
re-start 1/9/07
189/ 145
lastdiet
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 18th, 2005, 5:16 pm

You CAN do it! 68 days...let nothin' :twisted: enter the hallowed door to your tummy...my lips are sealed to anything unhealthy...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

christmas challenage

Postby Michelle1210 » October 20th, 2005, 9:35 pm

Is there any rules to this challenage? or can anyone join?
michelle
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » October 21st, 2005, 8:11 am

Michelle
there are no rules to the challenge...so join us!! the only rules are to try your best to stick to the program...so christmas morning..you can wake up feeling GREAT!! being thinner...healthier!! set a reasonable goal weight for yourself from now till christmas....the only rules are to stay motivated enough to reach that goal weight!! then comes the next challenge!! to Memorial day countdown...well get thru this one first..!!!!

JOIN US!!

Tami ;)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » October 21st, 2005, 11:53 am

Okay, better late than never right? I'm just now getting myself together and I think this challenge may be just what I need to keep my motivation and focus as I restart my Medifast journey... Looking at my calander I think I've got about 9weeks till Christmas at this point...( :shock: Hard to believe isn't it!) I'm going to set my goal high, 'cause I know it can be done and I'm gonna be the girl to do it! I'm aiming for 35-40 pounds... Sounds crazy but I know we usually lose more the first week with water weight and all, so I think it can be done if I don't lose sight of the prize, NO CHEATS!!!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby mama of 2 » October 22nd, 2005, 3:46 am

Tamil this is a great idea.
Hi Everyone

I want to play to.

:goteam:

My weight this morning is 215.0.
I have 9 weeks before x-mas. I think I'll set my goal at 30 #.
185# x-mas morning. :cheers:
That will be the best present I can give myself. I can't wait. :hi5:

This is going to be fun.

Lelaine
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby MamaD » October 22nd, 2005, 5:52 am

OK OK OK.....You GUYS PUT SO MUCH PRESSURE ON ME!!!! :bahhumbug:
Thank goodness I have someone to do it~!!! :yourock:

Ok here is my goal. I know that you have all heard this before but..... (I have a big one too!!!!) I just got back from depositing my daughter in NYC where she is attending college...(American Academy of Dramatic Arts... you know we really do need actresses!!)...anyway as I was getting ready to leave...she sat ME down..and had a little talk with ME... She told me that she was really worried :hugblue: about my weight and that she won't be here to nag me :deadhorse: about it....like that has worked. Then the little mama said....if I could see that you had lost a little weight by christmas I would not worry so much. So...this challenge fits right in. :hi5:

so....my goal is not as grand as others...but I want to be down 20 pounds by the time the kid gets off the airplane which is December 19. I am good as saying that I am going to set a goal...but never follow thru... :oops: :oops:

So, going along with my road to accountability...I am going to lose 20 fat ones...4 bags of suga....10 bricks of cheese....1/2 a sandbag...by december 19. So we have what?? 69 days till christmas...and I hve 62 days till she lands...Let's just keep up with each other and make this happen~~~~~ :goodluck:
Cee Cee
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby betz » October 22nd, 2005, 6:55 am

Count me in. :) A challenge like this might help me be a little more resolved to get that water in and stick more closely to the schedule. And um. no more two bars in a day like I did yesterday. :shock:

I'll have to weigh in tomorrow to see exactly where I am...but I'm hoping to lose 10 more pounds by Christmas--I'm a slow loser but not a sore loser :lol:

I think...this will put me very close to my ultimate goal.

Won't it be nice to start a new year NOT making empty promises to yourself, but instead...a real, acheivable promise for continued good health?

Yay US!
betz

Postby dlr2424 » October 22nd, 2005, 9:23 am

betz wrote:I'm a slow loser but not a sore loser :lol:

Awesome attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... :thumbup: ........I'm right with you!!!!!!

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

9 week goals

Postby MM77 » October 22nd, 2005, 11:19 am

All: I've never been big on goals, because when I don't reach them, I feel like a failure - but here goes. I'm starting at 225 and will reach for 205 in 9 weeks. For me, weightloss is also about attitude adjustment - so, I will be readjusting my attitude toward myself and my life. My goal is to have a more positive outlook. I"m also going to find exercise that I like - not something that I have to drag myself to everyday after work.

Good luck everyone.
Michele, Vancouver WA ;)
MM77

Postby LeeannNH » October 22nd, 2005, 12:43 pm

im late in jumpin in but i definitely wanna join this party!!!! :mrgreen:

today, october 22 i weigh 166
by, december 25 ill say ill lose approx 2lbs a week, so 18 total
GOAL 148 (hope this is realistic...if not at least its a goal)

yee haw this is a GREAT idea
everyone good luck!
leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby josephine » October 22nd, 2005, 1:17 pm

i just started last monday and found this site. i'd like to join your christmas challenge. i started at 186 (monday) and i'd like to say 20 lbs even though its more like 8 weeks for me since i'm starting late. thanks
josephine

Postby Michelle1210 » October 22nd, 2005, 1:18 pm

Hi Michele in Vancouver,
We have the the same name,same goals and the same weight......this will be exciting to see progress. I havnt recieved my shipment yet but will right along any day soon
Michelle
Starting Date 10/31/05
Weight 221/208

Michelle1210

Postby betz » October 23rd, 2005, 6:56 am

MM7--

You're SO right about weightloss going hand in hand with attitude adjustment.

I think that if you're depressed and stressed...the weight seems to just hang around --maybe it thinks it's protecting us. The less shielding you need (meaning, the more content you are) the less that fat will hang around. :)

Be happy. You've found a great, healthy plan. Let it do the work for you while you start enjoying your life again. Follow the plan to the letter...and do a little happy soul searching. Out with the demons and in with the angels! :)

As for the exercise...I think that a nice walk is the best thing going. Read up a bit on Medifast and exercise. You don't want to overdue it--it could impede your progress.

Good luck and keep us posted!

p.s.
Whatever progress you've made by Christmas IS going to be reaching your goal. THe number isn't as important as the progress you'll have made by sticking to the plan and doing your "emotional homework". Do this and you can't possibly feel like a failure :)
betz

I wanna Play, too!

Postby oregonrose » October 23rd, 2005, 8:53 pm

o.k. Count me in, too. I'm gonna get some red ribbons and have them up at home and at work. nobody will know what they are for but me! I think 20 lbs in 9 weeks is a tall order but I know I can lose quickly when I am on the total program. I did great earlier this year and lost weight but then got flaky and self destructive-- fooling myself. I am back and so glad to have you all to chher on and also get support from. Yeah MF!!!!
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room