My Countdown Month

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby DutchChoc » October 15th, 2004, 8:21 am

I haven't written for a couple of days and I have some time so will update with the latest happenings.

Still going fairly strong, albeit I have picked up a new bad habit of consuming lots of sf gum each day. Will not say how much -- lots. Chewing it just for the sweetness and then getting more. Each stick has 5 cal.....

Still doing my workouts - 40 min crosstrainer or elliptical, now up to 5 times per week. This is helping my lower body firm up, but it still needs work and some less fat. However, I AM wearing size 5/6 jeans, so one can speculate about how "bad" the problem is when compared to my usual amount of trouble. The jeans I'm wearing reportedly once belonged to a stripper, lol. HA!

Went to the store and bought some vegetables that I'm looking forward to having -- the latest are thai eggplants. Now WHEN, do you suppose, am I going to be using them???? I have no idea. I just hope they don't go to waste. I also bought orchard apples and squash while I was in Boston area last weekend -- also patiently waiting for my shake fast to end. So, it's on my mind, but I'm still trying to make it at least to the 100th day.

Scale is at 129 and not budging downwards. Not feeling all that impatient about it at the very moment I'm writing this.

Guess that's about it -- I did buy and enjoy some peppermint extract in my choc shake today. Will probably look for more extracts soon, once again adding to my cooking collection that is fairly stalled at the time being.

Reminds me to wonder about Sylvia -- we were expecting to be doing this together until Nov....
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Sylvia » October 15th, 2004, 8:56 am

Hi Dutch,

I'm still hanging on. While I can't say my mind is where I want it to be, I seem to have averted the minor crisis I had earlier this week. After writing about the difficulty I've been having, I had a really challenging day Wed. First was the B-day party at the office. Every month we do a party for everyone whose b-day falls in a given month. I have not attended recently but for a variety of reasons, had to go to this one. So of course there were several different kinds of cake - didn't bother me. There was fruit - bothered me a little. And then there was a veggie tray. I couldn't resist. It is so ironic - in the scheme of things, I made a really good choice. But b/c this programs rests so heavily on keeping the protein/carb balance - not a good choice for right now.

Anyway, then got home and picked at some chicken that my family was having in addition to my lean/green meal. Again, nothing horrible, but not the behavior I need if I'm going to get to goal.

That night, I had a little talk with myself. I have not come this far and worked this hard to not make it to the finish line. And it makes no sense to lose weight more slowly by "picking" that I otherwise could by staying true to the program. I did fine yesterday and am doing fine today, but I just feel like some of my initial edge and motivation is lacking.

The good news is that my plateau is a thing of the past and I'm down 3 pounds this week, giving me between 7 and 12 more pounds to get to goal. Don't think I'll quite be there by 11/1, but I'm thinking by the 15th I should be done IF I AM TRUE TO THE PROGRAM.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » October 15th, 2004, 9:17 am

I should be done IF I AM TRUE TO THE PROGRAM.

Sylvia, please email me your address, so if you EVER deviate, I will be on the next plane. You are TOOOOOOOO close now, just as Dutch is. 225 pounds you were, you are breathing in the backyard of 150(ish) and this will be a monumental day for you and for all of us.

No saying “IF” cause it AINT gonna happen, not on my watch!

I have not read your 189 posts for the past 5-1/2 months for nothing. You are one of the champions here, and girl, it ain’t gonna happen.

YOU are strong, withstood cake (several different types) who cares if you have a veggie or 2, or whatever from the tray; this is the choice, which was the right one!!!

YOU – are TRUE to the program. YOU – are gonna do this!!!

(Kidding of course on the address part, but. DON’T MAKE ME…….)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 15th, 2004, 10:29 am

Thanks, Mike. That's the kind of message that both you and Nancy are caring enough to give us. There is no "IF" this time. I think it helps to hear that from someone. It's otherwise easy or lenient enough to grant ourselves the "if" clause.

Glad to hear from you, Sylvia. You're just facing what we will all face when we edge near our boundaries. You did great although I suppose it was kind of scary and maybe you even wondered how far your picking would go. Thank GOODNESS you're moving on down again. I think that will help you find the motivation to make the final sweep toward Success Lane. It really doesn't matter when. As I malinger, which is how I feel about it right now! I tell myself that this is the longest time I've ever held this weight -- so what if I hold it longer than I really want to??? This is GREAT, actually, and I'm not rebounding. Maybe I'll be rebounding SOMEDAY if I screw up, but it isn't NOW, and that makes me happy. Yes, you ARE a success story here and you are leading the way as one of the longest-lasting folks.

I AM having a bit of a hungry day, and I'm off today, so I do have to admit I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. Maybe when my son comes home, we'll get out and get some fresh air.... or sooner. I have a dismal feeling that shake after shake is not going to fill the pit today. :x
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 15th, 2004, 12:53 pm

Boy you guys! It DOES get tough as you get closer to goal! I'm 14 pounds away (actually closer but won't weigh until Sunday) and it seems I'm always standing on the threshold of temptations. I'm also hungrier these last few days. Yesterday, I was getting light headed when I stood up so actually 'ate' two chicken bouillion cubes right out of the wrapper to get my sodium which I've been neglecting the past week or so.

I also switched this month from the MF Women's Comfort and Regularity Shakes to the MF 70. MF 70 doesn't have the appetite suppressant. The Confort and Regularity Shakes were on sale in Oct but I probably won't buy them again as they have a different taste than the MF 55 and 70. Must be the suppressant - leaves a root like aftertaste - just my opinion. I toughed it out and used the whole month's supply and am grateful the taste of the MF 70 was as good as the MF 55 I was on the first couple of months.

Dutch and Sylvia - you guys are doing great! You're gonna make it just like I am. That's under Mike's orders! Commander Mike, you can be pure 'shock and awe'!!! Thank you SIR!!! YES SIR!!!

In full salute, :shock:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby Carrie » October 15th, 2004, 1:24 pm

DC, That finish line is so close for you, THERE'S NO GOING BACK NOW!

You too Sylvia and Camille, you home-stretcher's are my hero's!!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby DutchChoc » October 15th, 2004, 3:00 pm

Thanks, Carrie. I know that tomorrow I'll be glad I made it through today, AND, just because I have been disappointed at the scale so much lately myself, I just hope I don't get on there tomorrow at this point. I'd rather some good news just sneak up on me, lol.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » October 15th, 2004, 3:11 pm

Hey, Camille -- almost missed your post somehow.

I've also had some of that blacking out while getting up -- fortunately, the lights come right back on. Guess we will get used to anything to succeed, huh? :D

Thanks for the info on your experiences with the different kinds of shakes. I've always bought the 55s, except for the RTDs I bought when they were half price. Maybe I could look into using the 70s next time I order just as a kind of "size-up" on what I get with the 55s. Today, they are just not feeling satisfying. I'm not ready yet to break open my boxes of other MF stuff, which might help, I'll add, because I'm nervous about liking it all too well. Can imagine myself not stopping.... a strong fattitude I have, admittedly.

Will look forward to Sunday for your update. Things are going unbelievably good and we are cruisin', if with a wheel or so less than usual sometimes!!! The comaraderie here has made such a difference to me and I'm not usually the kind (da kine) to kindle a dependency that I'll admit to. Couldn't do at all as easily without this group, nor without this product. Thanks, all.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » October 16th, 2004, 5:28 pm

Today's been better. I continue to do some things for my own pleasure & diet support and today it was buying some SF syrups for my decaf. Tastes good!

Scale is not budging, but have been going to the gym every day since Monday so some of this could be muscle-building.

Now for the shady news. I have been developing a keen interest/focus on what I look forward to making foodwise and seem to have got stuck on different sweets. I know this because I bought new cookie cutters today and a glass cake plate/cover. Believe me, there is not that much need for my to-be baking in this house -- small population, etc.

Well, going now. Have a great shakin' day friends. Less than 6 weeks until Turkey day and that big pool party I'll be at.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » October 20th, 2004, 8:47 pm

Still going. It's now a little more than a week past when I thought I'd do the transition. At that time I suppose I was "fedup" and wanted to know when the endpoint would be!! I wanted to end on such and such a date, whether I'd made it or not, folks! Well, while I could take what I got for the effort and time I put in and cash out/move to transition, I have to say that I'm still thinking there's more work to do. No, I am not getting "silly" about MF nor am I not able to stop doing it. I just want a better resolution and, since I have plenty of MF on my shelves, I will continue until further notice.

As a caveat, I have to add -- don't think I don't WISH I were done, though!! In any case, I've already done pretty much all that I ever dreamed I could do without stopping/falling off/messing up/quitting, etc.... In short, I'm amazed that I'm now always below 130 in the mornings. I probably spent a couple of days in my adult life at that level without "stepping off" up the scale once again.

So, although I ponder about the food I could be eating if I would just decide that enough is enough, I'm staying on the train a few more stops. Riding with all of you is a pleasure. Thanks for this group!!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » October 27th, 2004, 8:52 pm

Still going, about two weeks past the original countdown month. I posted two pictures (that should be available in a while) on my look as of today, i.e. after 101 days of shakes only. I think I wanted to be sure to have a record of how good it got, speaking very relatively, not wholeheartedly bragging. But I am pleased, and I thank all of you for inhabiting this place where we can come to remember why we want to work so hard to solve an age-old affliction. There really can be a newness in who we are; the matronly can unmatronize. It takes work and it takes fighting against our fears of starvation and vulnerability and dips in motivation.

I can't say that I'm transitioning yet, but I also can't say that I have lots more steam left to fight for a couple of pounds-to-be-gone. I might be better off winning the transition track-change than going bust. My thoughts are constantly changing on what "to do", frankly.

So, I'm closing my countdown month thread, officially, knowing that the answer of did-she-or-did-she-not-make-it is technically no, not yet, but the future is bigger and more compelling than that one question, and I'm going to keep working on my "makeover" in one capacity or another. Good night. Boston, congratulations for World Series!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » October 27th, 2004, 10:03 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know I "think" I got DC's latest pics up.
You can view them here: http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1420

The 2 center ones in the workout room are the latest.

Congrats Dutch! You look fantastic and your hard work has paid off.

All the best,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » October 28th, 2004, 12:37 am

To the Divine Dutch Choc Diva ~

:exercise: Ya did it! You set a measurable goal and you met it. :exercise:

Set it + consistency + persistency = get it

Her pictures are proof that Dutch has gotten it back, Folks!

Just wanted you to know that I lost 128 pounds in 28 weeks and lost 7 more pounds during the transition and maintenance phases.

So, our slender Chocolately Friend, you could lose a few more pounds when you begin tranny, too!

Be sure to read my November 2003 Newsletter for Tranny Info!

http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter/medifast-november-newsletter.htm

You look mah-vel-ous, Dutch, simply mah-vel-ous!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fedup » October 28th, 2004, 6:27 am

Yea Dutch :!: I was wondering if you finished you 100 days, couldn't find you on here... you deserve MAJOR Props!! I could never do shake only! Everyone needs to find their own comfort zone about there goal weight... my 2 cents is that you look great, and I wouldn't obsess about the 1 pounds. I'd think about your larger goals, maintenance... and I know you work out a lot so think about muscle tone and that stuff... I wouldn't let 1 measly pound become so BIG. 'Cause you look GREAT girl!! I hope you keep posting on here, 'cause I love to read your stuff. Makes me laugh! Also, I think we share a lot of similarities on the home front!! ;)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 28th, 2004, 11:27 am

Dutch!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you....!!!!
Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your success and trials. Thank you for your guidance and helpful comments. Thank you for being the role model you are. Thank you for showing us how absolutely healthy, svelt, youthful and pretty you are. Thank you for showing us that sticking with this is so worth it.

How do I spell motivation? D-U-T-C-H
You're a priceless gift of motivation Dutch. I know you're not leaving us, but looking at your new pictures, I'm so inspired I have to take this opportunity to express my thanks. You've done such a good thing for yourself.
Please please reward yourself!

To your success ! :cheers:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room