One month into this.........................

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

One month into this.........................

Postby meredith » November 14th, 2003, 11:14 pm

Hi there, after prowling around for a while on this site and others, I've decided to "come out". What a great forum for losers like us! Medifast is so easy to follow, as long as you remember not to chew anything, just sip away! Only cheated a few times on the full plan, once was a weekend business meeting, had chunky tomato soup & an appetizer sized portion (4) of ravioli stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, etc. Sorry if I make you drool! As I am on the road a lot, it is just as easy to pour my mix into my jar of iced water, after taking my spoon to scoop out the ice chunks, pour my mix in and shake, shake, shake! Much faster & easier than stopping to ordering a mediocre meal. Did I say that I don't get paid by the hour? Well the biggest roadblocks towards my goal have been my family, walking through the supermarket piling up food that I won't eat, but have to plan, prepare, cook, clean, etc. really grates on me. Does any one else have this dilemma? Am trying to teach my daughters ( & hubby) to cook, but everything else involved just gets my senses flowing. Anyway, enough venting for now, its Friday night/Saturday morning and I will wake up to another day, knowing that I stuck to this plan!
meredith

cooking

Postby susan » November 15th, 2003, 7:46 am

meredith, my husband cooks for him self since i have been on this medifast .I offer to fix something for him but he always says he can take care of it the funny thing is he has lost wt. and thats good he had a stomach on him it looks much better now :lol: :lol: .The main thing was he wanted me to take the wt. off and there is a price everone pays when losing wt. but it is so worth it. Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Ellen » November 15th, 2003, 7:48 am

Meredith,
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your success this last month. Sounds like you have things under control.

I know what your mean about shopping for the family and cleaning up after dinner. However, I feel that we're always going to have to do these things, so if we can learn to shop, cook and spend time in the kitchen without eating, we should get the maintenance thing down!!

Best wishes for continued success. Look forward to your future posts,
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » November 15th, 2003, 10:53 am

HI Meredith--welcome!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lois » November 16th, 2003, 3:41 pm

Hi Meredith! WELCOME :D

I have a husband and 5 kids....ages 7 to 17 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

On Sunday nights, we sit down and plan the week's worth of dinners. One kid is assigned to be the kitchen helper each night of the week....and they plan the meal for "their" night.

Then we make a master grocery list, so that everything we need for the week is in the house.

Either my husband or I do the shoppingf (sometimes we go together).

I try to prepare meals early in the day or even the night before....so I'm not cooking when I'm hungry. Crock pot meals are helpful, too.

45 minutes or so before dinner, my "kitchen helper" reports for duty....sets the table, helps with meal prep, etc. they also help with after dinner clean up. My husband is my "automatic dishwasher" ;)

We started this system quite a while ago....before I started on Medifast. It works great, has reduced the amount of mealtime whining, and has also saved us money :D

Our family of seven eats for under $100 per week!!!!!

Hope this helps.....

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room