My Countdown Month

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 1st, 2004, 10:32 am

Nelly,
Don't mean to intrude on the discussion between you and Sylvia on BMR,
but would you consider posting the fabulous link you spoke of here if Mike says it's ok? I would really like it, and believe others could really use that knowledge as well. I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed here since it's beneficial to our efforts.

Mike,
Can Nelly post that link?

Dutch,
Our bodies change and adapt quicker than our minds do, which is why many of us have a hard time really seeing our new thinner selves. I'm so very proud of you and your accomplishment. You'll get used to the new beautiful you - it'll just take time. Hey, watch out for that steamer! I went CRAZY with mine when I first got it. I love it! I steamed everything I could find, and felt like I should be in traction the next day! :dooh:

Shakin it,
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » October 1st, 2004, 10:33 am

Can Nelly post that link?

Nellie, send it to me in a PM first...

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 1st, 2004, 10:47 am

Mike,

You're the quickest keyboard in the west!
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby DutchChoc » October 1st, 2004, 7:53 pm

Camille, thanks for not making me think I'm crazy to have bought a steamer. You would not believe that I have still not tried it out... something about that admonition to rinse the tank after each 10 uses has deterred me, and the little hose gadget for doing it. Ah -- you mean the carpet one, I'll bet. duh??!! So maybe I'm still crazy about buying the sewing one. I love it, the carpet one, though in places the floor is still wet. It's as easy to use as the vacume cleaner, and works better than my vacume cleaner, too.

Yes, change is slow to perceive, but I could tell at the mall that I am "virtually" thin now. It's pleasantly surprising and I hope I can learn to think of myself as a newly-thin person and stay that way.

Had a great day, by the way... lots of work done, lots of rewards and positive experiences. We are rockin' here, for sure. Just 8 weeks until Thanksgiving weekend, and I must not fall by the wayside. Neither shall you guys.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » October 2nd, 2004, 8:40 am

Well, fairly significant breakthrough this morning -- within 3 pounds of goal now. It follows what has been a pattern for me -- some one pound weeks and some other 3 pounds weeks. This is a 3 pound week. I do nothing different to garner this prize, I swear.

This all means that it's within the realm of possibility that my Countdown Month will actually have been the right size to manage reaching my goal - if I make it by the 10th of October, which is when I'd originally thought of going into transition -- and then it was totally independent of reaching goal because at the time, I thought I'd had JUST ABOUT ENOUGH of these shakes such that one more month was all I could envision doing it.

Next weekend is also my short trip out of town, and I'm still planning on staying on my routine whether I make it or not. I think it would be too disorienting on the road to change the pattern, and biologically it could be a disaster, anyway. :shock:

So, full steam ahead. In a way, I'll be a bit "sad" to see this quest solved so quickly, if that makes sense. I enjoyed the sense of looking-forward-to. Have a great day, everybody. We can figure out this and all things.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 2nd, 2004, 11:25 am

Dutch!

FANTASTIC!!! Full steam ahead in more sense that one with your new toys! I'm so happy to hear your scale is movin! I'm happy happy happy for ya! :boing:

Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby sudaoning » October 3rd, 2004, 5:35 am

Way t' go Dutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know you could try a couple of the other products if ya wanted to fight the boredom. you are so strong. i'm not so sure i could do just shakes.
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 3rd, 2004, 9:08 am

Yup, this is about me not giving up and giving in -- for about the one time ever, lol. Stomach rumbles and still the will is strong. Let it continue!!

Yes, Sudaoing, I did order some of the other products and I will have them at the end of this wonderful spell of the shakes, UNLESS I find that they might help me avert disaster. In that case, I will hope to turn to them instead.

I'm discouraged to be saying often that it seems harder lately. I heard you about that meatball, by George! I have had two tough experiences this weekend -- the first was about a birthday kid's meal that I misordered such that it came with everything when I know good and well that son eats w/ ketchup only -- so I had that sinking feeling of a nice steamy cheeseburger in my face and the need to go buy another replacement burger. Ouch. And the ff that he doesn't eat, too. But, I packed both up and, as SO also did not want, I have them in the freezer with all the "catches" that seem destined to go to waste -- or waist? And the other was the bbq chicken -- don't know why, but that was tough. Succeeded making chicken piccata for SO w/o so much of the enviousness... but the bottom line is that food is really getting to me. It's SO good that I like the shakes!

Camille, used the ironing steamer this morning for the first time and it's "cool" too -- works really well. So now both of my steam toys are broken in. And the full steam is still on, here -- still chuggin' along and ridin' this little "thin train" to Thinsville. Might be there by the time Nancy's back in town. Yahoo!!! Take care, everybody. You're my only fans, lol.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 3rd, 2004, 11:11 am

Dutch,

Honey, we're not you're only fans. I KNOW there's lots of secret admirers out there who don't express themselves to you. Once they see how fabulous you look, what is there not to admire?

3 pounds away? WOW WOW WOW
Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby DutchChoc » October 5th, 2004, 8:34 pm

Well, I've been incommunicado a couple of days; things continue to go about the same. Started having some bouillion, like some spicy Maggi chicken flavored, and it was WONDERFUL -- like the best thing I'd had in a LONG TIME, lol. The drawback to that is that I had a setback because of the salt content, but that's the only way I've "injured myself" -- was not due to any real infraction, but I am not at 128 as of today, wah!! :x

Went to the circus tonight and got the inspiration I needed from the circus girl gymnasts -- so lithe and beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I do have some age-related handicaps so that even under perfect conditions, I'd be wrong to be striving for all of that magnificence. I just want to do what's within my power to do, and no more. Well, maybe a little more, lol, as I really will drive a hard bargain with myself on this as long as I have MF on my side and I'm still in control.

Thanks, Camille. Secret admirers, well, bring them on then, lol!! :-P I like the idea.

I'm planning to do my Roll call weigh in Monday morning as soon as I get home from my trip -- it's a 6:30 am flight, so hopefully I can wait to "eat" until after I get home and weigh in. If not, I'll check in on Tuesday. Of course I MUST get a lightest-possible weight, cannot spare an ounce of fluid, etc. :roll:

Take care everybody. Do you ever LOVE how much slimmer you feel? I swear that I check on myself throughout the night to see if hips are still slimmer, etc, nothing extra has attached to the belly, etc. It's reassuring to feel the changes that I've been seeking. It's worth another shake to perpetuate, so have one!!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » October 11th, 2004, 12:16 pm

Well, I have to tell you that I am BACK from my weekend vacation and wow am I ever pleased to say that I am still doing it. Whew!

Feels like I have been through the wringer of food experiences the past couple of days and, quite frankly, I'm bone-weary from keeping on this path right now!!!!

I do like what I've accomplished and I DO like seeing it in the mirror, so I guess I'll just lick the wounds of my food envy and try to settle back to my routine and plan for transition and beyond.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 11th, 2004, 8:44 pm

Welcome home Dutch,

Yea! These last few days of losing must be very trying. Although I'm anxious to experience THAT! :-P Super big kudos to you for staying with it over the weekend! :yes: I just got my transition guide from MF but haven't had a chance to read it. I've still got 14 lbs to go so I've got time. I'm getting anxious or probably nervous about the transition phase. Happy to hear you're still doing so fabulously!!! Go Girl!!!

Camille
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby DutchChoc » October 12th, 2004, 5:05 pm

Yes, Camille, let's call it protracted, lol!!!

I'm going for my 100 days, anyway, and after that, who knows? That's two weeks from today. Aunt Flo is here and I'm at 130 this morning -- how do we say "yuck, yuck" in Hawaiian, lol??! Feeling nastily bloated and fat... what a vision. ALTHOUGH, let me tell you, the corollary (Sp?) to this story is that my torso is getting lean front and back -- now THAT'S COOL!! Kinda down to the bare muscle already. So what's with the brain feeling bloated? Not sure, just know I've been drinking so many beverages and chewing this sugarless gum and feeling kinda out there.

Thanks for the welcome home. I am most definitely glad to be back in the routine that's taken me so far, and you and many others so far, too. We are rockin' and singing that song you coined, "fight, fight, fight". YES, we are going to make it!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby MomJackieLee » October 12th, 2004, 6:45 pm

Maybe when you are finished with this cycle, the bloating and last three pounds will be gone, bye-bye, toodleoo, adios, aloha...

Great work and you are looking great from your pictures!!!
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 13th, 2004, 4:00 pm

Thanks for the words of encouragement, MomJackieLee. They might - down to very low 129s again this morning, so I hope there's more to come to get me back where I was, and beyond, like Buzz says.

I'm SO glad to be home from my trip and back at work. That's my theme for today.

Kinda tortured myself looking at recipes today. Kinda inappropriate, as I've been where that can lead to. I should be thinking about something ELSE, even if it's just my box of other MF products to try after the shakes-only portion is through.

All in all, it's been breezy, and I'm trying to tone up and firm up now -- getting ready for that big swimming pool Thanksgiving showdown I'll be attending.

Take care, everybody.

Sudaoing, where are you???
DutchChoc
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room