My Countdown Month

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby DutchChoc » October 28th, 2004, 7:53 pm

I don't believe I could have done it without this forum and without all of you, my MF pals through thick -n- thin. This is a diligent mental effort, as you all know, and I've been blessed with all of you and with some uncanny power to see it through, this time, for once, INCREDIBLY!

Your words are my power. Let my words be your power, too. This is the train to Thinsville and we're all aboard, and going somewhere this time!! And, we don't wanna EVER go back to the beginning, or beyond, again. Life is short. Lose weight while you're as young as you can so you can get on with figuring out OTHER interesting problems. Else, this one could hang around either all the time or intermittently for years, decades, a whole life.

We are worth it! We are proud Medifasters. And of course I'm going to be here because it helps me appreciate my own work -- and yours, too.

Camille, you are a real sweetheart and your persistence and success has made me play my game with the best choices, too.

Nancy, the seven more pounds is about what I have it on my brain to lose -- if only that would happen to me. I'm still nervous thinking if I'm not losing now, what will happen then? AND YET, it's a bit like being a baby bird in a nest because one day within the next month, maybe sooner, it's rather inevitable that I will need to disembark to the real world.

Thanks for relating, fedup. I admire your success, too. It's nice to know that someone can see my rather dry humor and raging satire and get a laugh out of it. I'm never afraid to laugh at my own antics, either, nor "usually" afraid to say what I feel and think. You stick around!!

Unca Tim, thank you for the program support and the web support that you give us. You even seem to understand this strange language we speak as people in love with MF.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby fedup » October 29th, 2004, 8:12 am

Oh trust me Dutch... I'm sticking around!! I never found a program that worked so well for me... one I didn't cheat at... one I KNEW would work. Even when I reach my goal, I plan on logging on to keep up with everyone else's success AND to make sure I maintain my own! :goteam:

I got my own little happy surprise this morning. My weekly weigh in is not till Monday but I weigh often anyway.... I had skipped yesterday due to Aunt Flo, and today I was down 2 #... so today I just squeaked into the 20# club! Happy happy Joy joy!!! :lol:

Keep on posting, no matter if you do all shake, mix up your products, go on maintenance... I KNOW you can do it!

ps- I have a dry sense of humor too, sometimes a "little" cynical... but hey! ;) So I can relate!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Simmshe » October 29th, 2004, 8:22 am

Dutch, you look mahvelous :D! What's this I hear, you thinking about 120lbs?? As you are transitioning back to regular food and continue increasing your workouts, you'll probably find that 125lbs is just fine, because your skin will adjust/tighten even more as your weight stabilizes. Also, you will probably gain a good 3-5lbs of muscle over the coming months, depending on your workouts. You know, assessing our bodies after a fresh, and substantial weight loss, especially, is a bit deceptive. It takes our bodies a little time (or more for those of us who are much heavier) to adjust (tighten up, readjust/redistribute fat, etc.). You'll probably still continue to lose inches now even if you don't lose more weight. I bet if you got your fat percentage tested now you would probably discover that your fat percentage is already optimal and even a little below average ;). Of course, you will do what feels right for you. Continue keeping things in perspective :).

Anyways, I'm very happy for you and hope that you will give yourself, and your body, the utmost patience and kindness as you transition back to food. You will be in good company, too, as Sylvia and Camille will be venturing into the maintenance arena soon!

Borrowing a term that Christy used in another post--you are a thinspiration--thanks Dutch!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » October 29th, 2004, 8:26 am

Guess you really are Fed Up, eh? :lol:

You are winning the battle with every :toast: shake ya slurp.

Welcome to the 20 Pound Club!

Now, Little Darlin', ya need to change the numbers on the bottom of your page from 172 to 170...

:shock: Gosh, by Sunday, you just may be waving buh bye to the 70's! :wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fedup » November 1st, 2004, 11:16 am

Hey Nancy... I changed my stats to 170, but all that work for nothin..... I had to turn right around and do it again! :lol: My "official" weigh in is on Mondays, and you were right, I did indeed say good bye to 170's... :wave: And HELLO 168!! Yippee!! :shock: Do my eyes deceive me.... Nope! Haven't seen the 160's in years! :!:
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » November 1st, 2004, 11:39 am

Great slurpin'! :toast: :water:

Whee! Isn't this fun?

Live it up! No more livin' large but livin' healthier and happier!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JeweloftheNile » November 15th, 2004, 1:51 pm

Dutch, Just wanted to say you look GREAT!!!

Thank you for sharing and inspiring us all. I thought of you this morning because I know how hard you have been working. Your photo's are a testament to that hard work and motivation for others.

JOTN
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DutchChoc » November 15th, 2004, 6:04 pm

Jewel, thanks for the compliments. I feel a bit like the person for whom only the landing was fatal after a great fall, you know? But, this works - it's just a matter of what to do "in the now" and ultimately in the "forever and ever" that tests us. You're doing great. Good to see you again!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Previous

Return to The Weight Room