Who has a Magic Bullet blender?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Mommy2girls » June 8th, 2005, 1:11 pm

:grin:
Unca, you are cracking me up!!!

I had to come see how my post had gotten so big. That does seem odd that they would make the most important part plastic and actually I don't think that I would ever even try to cut, chop or blend a frozen bananna, I would maybe let it soften first, but that defeats the purpose of a "frozen" bananna...hum? :scratch:

Well, anyway, DH started MF with me yesterday. :stroll: He said he would try it for a week and decide from there. We may invest in a MB yet!
:cheers:

Anyway, thanks again for everyone giving us their insight on this product!!!
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TEEZS2K » June 8th, 2005, 3:45 pm

I did some looking around and just bought a small compact blender that another gal talked about on here at Target.com for $14.99 free shipping it was called the Hamilton Beach Personal Blender with travel lid. I figured if it did not work I could easily return it to a Target store.

<snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>

I'll let you know how it works!
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

follow up

Postby locowhiteperson » June 10th, 2005, 9:58 pm

Yeah, they're gonna send me a new base. That's kinda cool...I'll try again....Yeah, the frozen banana trick...I learned it from working in a restauraunt......Those blenders worked great. Time and time again. You could almost grind metal with them. This one, testy.....Theres all these little rules: i.e: Don't run bullet for longer than a minute, don't use frozen bananas....yadayada. Well, I didn't order a mixer, I ordered a machine that says you can make smoothies....THATS what I expected. If they didn't make that gear piece out of plastic, it wouldn't have been a problem. If there are message boards saying others are experiencing the same problem, THEN THEY NEED TO FIX IT.....I'm sure it does work great on coffee beans...but so do 10 dollar blenders. I'm sure you can make excellent guacamole.....again, so can other blenders....That's not magic folks. I want someone on here to tell me what this blender does that others do not.....
locowhiteperson

Postby Unca_Tim » June 10th, 2005, 10:37 pm

Did you get the hedge trimmer attachment with yours?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Very Magic Bullet

Postby Seaside » June 11th, 2005, 6:07 am

The HSN Special gave me the choice of the hedge trimmer attachment or the 4-in-1 Turbo Pet Grooming attachment; I'll let you know about the Turbo-Groom once I get the cat off the ceiling! :leopard:
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 11th, 2005, 7:07 am

............... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
wicked funny
donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tk » June 21st, 2005, 7:20 pm

Ok, question for you Magic Bullet people. I got mine on ebay and it came yesterday, and I'm not all that impressed!! The first time I used it, the rubber gasket inside the 4 way blade wrapped around the blade while I was using it!! Made the blade stop and stick! The Honey fixed it, but now everytime I use it, I get black shavings coming out of the bottom! Anyone else with this problem? Who I bought it from said it was new. It looked like it was never used when I opened it, but I don't get a guarantee off of ebay purchases......
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby fatBgone » June 21st, 2005, 9:48 pm

TK,
What a bummer!! I haven't had any problems like that with my magic bullet....however mine came with the blender attachment (I've used it to make double shakes - now & later - as Nancy calls it - 1/2 for now and 1/2 for later) and every time I use the blender, it leaks out all over the place. I got mine from ebay too, and I'm pretty sure it was brand new. All the packaging was factory sealed. Other than that though, I LOVE it and I use it 3-4 times a day.

As far as the warranty/guarantee thing though, I don't know what to say. I've been thinking of calling up and ordering a new one from the infomercial and then returning this one or asking them to replace the blender part of it - but I don't know if that will work or not or if it's "allowed" - ya know? I don't know if they would give me a refund or just replace it and then I would end up with 2 magic bullets instead of 1 - but if that's the case, then I could give one as a gift or something????

I'll be watching for answers to your post as well and see if anyone else has any good suggestions. Good luck! It sounds like you just got a "bum" one though - unfortunately.
Lisa
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 21st, 2005, 10:26 pm

I love mine, mostly because it's so quick and the cleanup is so easy. But like everyone else, I've never used it for a frozen banana - they're not exactly Medi-friendly. It's great for the shakes and pudding, mostly because of all the handy-dandy cups with lids.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Magic Bullet for $30 at Walmart!

Postby I-Can-Do-It » June 27th, 2005, 9:14 pm

About a week ago I got a magic bullet for thirty bucks at Walmart. It was one of those enormous stores, and I had to ask an assistant manager for it. He told me they were trying to get rid of them and led me to where they were stashed underneath some pots and pans.

It's worth asking someone if you're in a Walmart....

Julie
I-Can-Do-It

Previous

Return to Come on in.