Who has a Magic Bullet blender?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Dean0408 » May 9th, 2005, 9:11 am

If you have one of those refrigerators that is capable of dispensing crushed ice, I recommend using the crushed ice rather than the large cubed ice. No sense giving the bullet blades such a work out if you don't have to.

It will last longer if you do.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2005, 9:15 am

:dooh: Duh! Now why didn't I think of that? My fridge actually has a crushed ice dispenser, but I never think to use it.

I will next time, thanks for the (what should have been obvious) idea.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » May 9th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Thanks everyone! I did not ask for this for Mother's Day, because I still am not sure about the cost. $60 bucks would buy me a lot of MF products and since my blender works just fine, I put it on the back burner.

$49.99 on sale at Walgreens sounds better than $60...everywhere else. Hummmm.

I agree with Dean, sounds like the Magic Bullet & Medifast were MEANT to be together! :lol:

Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and insight, I will keep thinking of this in the back of my mind (and if I finally do get it will probably wish I had gotten it sooner!!)

Thanks,
Sheila
Mommy2girls

Postby LeeannNH » May 9th, 2005, 3:43 pm

my fridge is dated circa 1984 so i dont have an automatic ice crusher thing. i think ill look for those ice cube trays that make small cubes. i believe ive seen them at kitchens, etc at the mall. :scratch: hmmmm

thanks for the idea on smaller ice :D

leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

magic bullet

Postby locowhiteperson » June 2nd, 2005, 1:26 pm

I have a magic bullet....or should I say, HAD one. Don't buy one. I was able to make about 4 smoothies out of frozen bananas and tons of juice.....I got showered with juice and this little plastic piece inside of the blender broke.....Its a piece of junk.
locowhiteperson

save your money

Postby locowhiteperson » June 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm

also, the thing is only big enough to make about a glass worth of something. Theres nothing magic at all about it....except the price tag. It's my first infomercial purchase and let me tell you, don't buy stuff from infomercials. Every thing I've ever heard about infomercials is bad.
locowhiteperson

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 2nd, 2005, 1:52 pm

Sorry locowhiteperson that you had a bad experience with the mb. I know alot of us on the forum have used the magic bullet and just love it. Sounds like yours might have been faulty. I would recommend the purchase of it to anyone!!

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 2nd, 2005, 2:05 pm

Interesting post LWP,
I just logged into the forum, while I'm sipping on my choco smoothie mixed in a Magic Bullet....

mmmmmmmm....perfect
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby fatBgone » June 2nd, 2005, 2:39 pm

Well, I have a magic bullet too & I :heart: it! It sounds like locowhiteperson did possibly get a "bad" one. Mine came with the different size bullets to make the small size & large size drink and then it also came with a blender attachment to make several servings.

The only negative I've heard is from other people that burned the motor out from letting it run too long....you're only supposed to let it run for more than a minute at a time - but that's in the instructions.

Ever since I got mine, I use it at least 3 times a day and the shakes are cold & delicious. YUM!! :guzzle: Now, I have put crushed ice in it, but not frozen bananas....maybe the nanners were too hard to crunch up....I've had frozen bananas before that were as hard as a huge rock.
Lisa
fatBgone

Magic BUllet

Postby Seaside » June 2nd, 2005, 3:24 pm

Yup, I've had this baby for about a month now and my expensive blender is gathering dust in the cabinet. The feedback forum on HSN has a number of people who've said exactly what locowhiteperson said -- the machine breaks easily. Maybe LWP got a bum bullet. Mine works like a charm so far.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » June 2nd, 2005, 4:18 pm

I have one too and LOVE it! My hubby crushes coffee beans every morning with it and I use it at least 3x/day to make my food. No problems so far!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby kassilou » June 2nd, 2005, 8:04 pm

Love, love, love mine. Makes every shake a treat! :cheers:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

mb

Postby locowhiteperson » June 7th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Well, it just <snip></snip> me off because I liked mine too...The part that broke shouldn't be the part that breaks....It's where the "rubber meets the road" so to speak. In the base, the gear that meshes with the blender blade gear is made out of plastic. Y'all take a look at yours. They should have made it out of metal, because if you put anything harder than say, a carrot, the <snip></snip> thing will break. Maybe it won't break today, or tomorrow, but <snip></snip>, if you wanna make an awesome frozen banana smoothie, (which is the best kind by the way) your blender is doomed...... Cmon, you have this really fast blender and tell people you can make a perfect smoothie and all this jazz, and you wanna go and make the <snip></snip> gearwheel out of plastic......Puhhhleeeease!!!

<edit>language - Mr. Snippy</edit>
locowhiteperson

by the way

Postby locowhiteperson » June 7th, 2005, 7:49 pm

are you people "special agents" planted by the people from Magic bullet or something? You guys sound just like the guys from the infomercial....... :|
locowhiteperson

Postby Unca_Tim » June 8th, 2005, 12:09 am

Maybe we're all doomed too, but for now, it looks like we're happy with ours. I bot mine at the local Wally World, so I'd guess they'll take it back when mine self destructs.

Have to tried contacting whoever you got yours from?

Special Agent Unca
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.