Tawanda

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Tawanda » March 13th, 2007, 7:05 am

Biki, sorry you aren't feeling 100% today. Hope as the day goes on, you'll feel better.

I had a horrible night (a lot of tossing, turning and awake time). Woke with another sore throat, stuffy head and an earache. Whatssup with getting sick again? I already did my time with a cold! LOL I thought those dastardly germs were suppose to move on once they knocked you down once?

Grumble, grumble, moan and whine........

:D I'm still smiling though (between the grumbling) and I'm determined to have a GOOD day whether it kills me or not :lol: and I'm staying 100% compliant!!!

I've got only 6# until I'm termed 'overweight' instead of 'obese'. I'm determined to get that goal soon (sure hope my body decides to go along with my plans).

:D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » March 13th, 2007, 7:36 am

I just passed into the overweight category a few days myself. Felt different! I just took a nice stroll and feel much better after the walk and some Starbucks.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 13th, 2007, 10:47 am

Tawanda, just wanted to send you warm wishes to feel better soon!
i LOVE your "ENTHUSIASM" amidst not feeling that well:+)

Biki...sending warm wishes to you tooooo to start feeling better real soon:+)

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 14th, 2007, 5:45 am

I have a doctor's appointment, with blood work to be done, later this morning - thus I'm fasting and I'm HUNGRY!!! My stomach is growling and I want my morning coffee!! :x It will be hours and hours before I can have something to eat or drink (other than water). I'm not smiling and I'm not happy. :x

:lol:

Dang, but I'm hungry! This, too, shall pass. I'm drinking a hot cup of water, pretending it is my morning coffee fix.

Weight was down another pound today so that has me smiling. :D My scale only weighes in .5# increments so some days it hops between .0 and .5 - back and forth, forth and back, never truly sitting at one or the other. Drives me batty as I want a 'for sure' weight. ;) Today was one of those .5 and .0 days................I'm being optimistic and saying it hesitated longer at the .0 than it did at the higher .5 . I could be kidding myself though.......sigh.

Okay.....time to drag my sorry bum out of this chair and get something done.

I'm hungry........did I mention that already?

:D :D :D
Tawanda

Postby bikipatra » March 14th, 2007, 5:53 am

I have to admit that on fasting blood days I drink black coffee. My internist doesn't open until 9:45 and many mornings I have been up 4-5 hours at that point and there is NO WAY I can do it without coffee. I told her when I went in a few weeks ago and she said it shouldn't affect my numbers she was looking for. Not suggesting, just sharing my experience.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » March 14th, 2007, 1:48 pm

Well, no coffee for me but I did have some sips of water. The doctor wasn't running too late so I wasn't held up too long once I got to the hospital.

I had a bar in my handbag, ready to eat when the blood draw was done and also had a couple of shakes/shakers and water in my car. I ended up just eating the bar and drinking water on the 80 minute ride back home.

Doctor complimented me on being 6# less than my last visit. :oops: I said "I'm working on it" and was thinking......"I'd be 11# heavier than last visit if I hadn't started MF". :lol: I did not share that I was using MF, I just said I was eating more salads (I am) more fish and chicken than I use to (I am) and that I cut out cheese, ice cream and cookies among other foods I use to eat often (which is true). Lies of omission? Or just selective and prudent truth details? LOL

Anyway, I don't have to return until mid September so that gives me plenty of time to get the rest of this weight off. I cannot wait to step on their scale and have it show me at goal! :D

I had some Broccoli soup when I got home (I cut up a little bit of fresh broccoli and stir that in to give it a bit more oomph). I'm way behind on water so need to work on drinking that in the next few hours, otherwise all is well.....

:D
Tawanda

Postby bikipatra » March 14th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Why are you afraid to tell your doctor that you are on Medifast, if you don't mind my asking.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 14th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Hi Tawanda - hope you are feeling better today. Congrats on making into the overweight category - I hope to be there some day too. That must be a great feeling - but it also sounds weird - "Hey!! I am glad you are classified as overweight!!" But we all know here that is a very good thing. Keep up the good work!!!! :D
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 14th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Biki, I just felt it was best that I not share it with him at this time.

Suzy, I'm still in the obese range for my height unfortunately. I am just a few weeks from getting into the overweight range and that was what I was looking forward to. I agree, that it sounds a bit odd to be happy about being called overweight... :)
Tawanda

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 14th, 2007, 7:01 pm

You are still doing a great job!!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 15th, 2007, 6:34 am

Good morning!

Thanks Suzy. :)

Weight stayed the same as yesterday which I'm very okay with as it was such a mixed up day regarding the times & number of supplements. I also did not get in all of my water. I expected to see a little increase in my weight, so sticking at the same number was a surprise bonus which I'm happy about.

Today I'm making it a priority to drink all my water & having the supplements at the correct time. I do not want to stall or mess up my weight loss by not being compliant. My scale shows me down 17# so far and yesterday I wore some clothes that have been sitting in my closet & drawers for at least a year. It was a great NSV to be able to wear different (and smaller) clothes. I did laugh at myself that I thought I was looking 'good' when I'm still this much over my goal weight....but I guess looking good is a relative term. ;) I look good compared to what I was looking like. I think attitude and self happiness go a long way towards influencing what *I* see in the mirror. Someone else may not notice any difference, but I feel so much better about how I'm presenting myself to the world. It is just the beginning. This is something I'm going to see through until I'm at goal and beyond. I never want to gain this weight back.

Well, time to get myself moving and get the day going full speed.

Make it a compliant and good day!! :D You have the power to do both of those things!! I'm rooting for you and your success!! :D
Tawanda

Postby DonicaB » March 15th, 2007, 9:19 am

Tawanda wrote:This is something I'm going to see through until I'm at goal and beyond. I never want to gain this weight back.

I'm right there with ya, Tawanda. Let's do it together. In the words of Buzz Lightyear.......To Infiniti and Beyond!!!!!!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 15th, 2007, 10:42 am

Hey Tawanda...congrats on having a "positive" doctor's visit..and he NOTICED the weight loss :-P Yayyyyy!

I hope in a few weeks i'll be able to fit into something i've had since last year too!

Keep up the good work:+))

Love,
Chynna

Oh..i wrote a reponse to you in my journal:+)
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby goodtaste1 » March 15th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Congrats! You are definitely inspiring, despite the alisa 'Tawanda'. (For some reason, I see that name and then look at your picture and it just cracks me up...)

Anyway, I love seeing your progress (and Chynna, and others). It keeps me going as well.

Thanks.!
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 16th, 2007, 6:18 am

Good morning! Scale shows another .5 down. I hope I can get another .5 off before roll call. I'd love to have a 2.5 loss each week (or more :lol: ).

Tawanda! LOL My battle cry. Watching the scale inch downward has been such a gift. I'm constantly astounded that it is happening and that I'm not having a struggle with wanting off program foods. I guess it is partly because I was so tired of where I was at, so ready to do whatever was necessary to get the weight off, that the program doesn't leave me hungrier than I can easily handle and that I'm seeing frequent changes in the scale. All underscore and help me stay compliant.

I'm still not to a weight loss where anyone has noticed. I thought my smaller clothing the past two days would be 'obvious' and bring remarks from those closest to me, but nothing was said. I was both disappointed and relieved. I'm not ready to divulge that I'm following a program/dieting nor answering questions about 'how'. For some reason this program and weight loss is still too personal and too 'mine only'. I don't know if it is because I'm still afraid I'll fail, that I'll quit or begin cheating, or that I'll gain all my weight back once I get to goal? I have lost 30 - 40# a couple times before, only to end up going off of whatever program/diet that I was doing and gaining the weight back.

I know that when I was previously losing weight I did it with the idea that when I got the weight off, then I'd have all the pizza I wanted. I just needed to abstain from eating it 'until' I had my weight off. Then I could have all of the foods that I was denying myself.

This time, the mindset is totally different (thank heavens!!). I began MF with the idea and knowledge that I can NEVER again eat as I have in the past. Eating the foods, the quantities and the way I 'use to' eat will take me right back to where I was....I do NOT want that. I never want to be heavy again. I am done dieting, I am done regaining weight. I am ready to be at goal, at a healthy weight and I never want to try to eat my way to happiness, it just doesn't happen.

So, will I ever feel safe eating my trigger foods? I wonder about that. It is one of the things that I will continue to ponder as I lose to goal. I believe that I will, and will want to, continue to eat healthy foods. More salads, more vegetables, whole grains and fruit. I will chose foods that will fuel my body in a healthy manner and I will not fill it up with processed, chemically laden, factory made foods (thinking of those cheetos with the permaorange covering ;) ).

I love the idea of being at a healthy and normal weight. I love the day dream of the clothes that I'll be able to wear, the knowledge that I'll be in control of my appetite and the foods I chose, not that food and my appetite will be in charge of my life. There are so many pluses to staying on program and losing the weight.

I wanted to share a tool that I've been finding as an encouragement. I printed off a Body Mass Index Table (you can do a websearch using those words to find one online---print it using your 'landscape' setting instead of portrait so you can fit it all on your page). It gives you the BMI numbers for heights ranging from 58" to 76" and from a normal BMI of 19 up to a BMI of 54. I found my height and drew a line under that row. I then work on the mini goals of getting my scale weight to drop to the next lower BMI number. Usually it is 7# between BMI numbers. It is just another motivator. I keep a chart above the scale and also one next to my computer where I keep track of all that I eat. I started with a BMI of over 33 and am now below 31, working on getting to 30. The next drop after 30 will be the one that gets me to the 'overweight' catagory instead of 'obese'. That is a biggie (in my mind).

Anyway, if you are looking for another motivator and you like watching something that is a little smaller increments---maybe you'd enjoy printing yourself off a BMI table, too.

Tawanda!!! To goal and beyond. ;) :lol:

Make it a compliant and wonderful day!
Tawanda

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal