Tawanda--pics

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby kmr » May 17th, 2007, 12:22 pm

My body is weird! At my weight now which is still up there...........I fit into a 16 stretch jean/18 regular jean and a 2x top because I need a top big enough to cover my big b**bs and this old lower pot belly. I don't like my "pot" to show! :lol:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » May 17th, 2007, 3:39 pm

I keep coming back to these photos and looking at them. It is a bit embarrassing that I'm finding the need to examine them so thoroughly...but it is that they are all together in one spot so easier to stare at and look for the changes. I guess I could print off that page and then scrutinize them at my leisure off site. :?

I feel so badly for the person I was at 212. How sad, embarrassed and miserable I look in those photos. I was just curling up with embarrassment to have my photos taken that day. (HB, I still have that shirt, even though it is way too large to wear now. I bought some of them for DH when they had them on clearance. He never wore them, they were too small for me........but now they are MINE!!! :D They are thick, comfortable and the sleeves are long enough!! LOL )

One of my children told me today that it is amazing how much smaller I am now and how embarrassed they are that they didn't see that I had been losing weight. It made them feel very self centered. I basked in the compliment, but had to admit that I had been dressing to hide the loss up until recently because I was enjoying the process without needing to talk about it. But that the time had come when I wanted it noticed. I still don't understand my thoughts about it....but heck, that doesn't really matter. This is my journey and I can do it in anyway I wish (so there! LOL).

Nancy, thank you......your encouragement, help and friendship has been so uplifting.

Thank you each of you. You don't know how much I appreciate every comment and positive remark you've made --I've not only come back time and time again to stare at the pictures but also to re-read all the kind comments that you've shared. :oops: It is kind of funny how for so many years I've been unkind to myself in the thoughts and actions I've taken....I'm basking in seeing that I'm doing something so healthy and positive for myself--your input and kindness is just topping off something 'great' to make it 'wonderful'.

I ended up having G'kids for the afternoon so their parents could have a date day....they are sleeping right now and I'd better get myself moving so I can get some housework done before naptime is over.

Thanks again.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lizabette » May 18th, 2007, 5:50 pm

MY TEE, I'm just now checking into STUDIO and there are your pictures. Shame on me for waiting!
Finally I can feel that I know you a whole lot better.
How wonderful you look and great just like you are, but it's going to be even better.
I'd love to have a few inches of your height, and learned at the doctor's yesterday that I am just under 5'1".
And according to the 'wrist test', I have small bones!
Even my own daughter is about 5" taller than I am.
Which means that I must weigh much less than you to even be normal!
Okay, we just have to be satisfied with the way we are.
I'm just so proud of you, and thank you for posting the pictures.
I'm going back to admire them again!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Tawanda » May 18th, 2007, 7:35 pm

Lizabette, thank you!

Was there a specific measurement of the wrist that specifies what your bone structure would be classified as?

I've always thought it would be nice to be a couple inches shorter---5'4" or 5'5" would be nice and then maybe pants and sleeves would fit better. ;)
Tawanda

Postby Diana » May 19th, 2007, 12:13 am

Tawanda!!! You positively glow! I didn't read all of the comments, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed the fact that your countenance is changing, not just your size! And you look so CUTE in those last set!! Go get 'em, girl!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Lizabette » May 19th, 2007, 6:43 am

Tawanda wrote:Lizabette, thank you!
Was there a specific measurement of the wrist that specifies what your bone structure would be classified as?
I've always thought it would be nice to be a couple inches shorter---5'4" or 5'5" would be nice and then maybe pants and sleeves would fit better. ;)

The only thing I know is that my middle finger and thumb overlap about an inch. That is my unscientific wrist test!
As to my clothes, I almost always have to shorten my pants, 4 or 5 inches, unless I get 'small petite', which is usually about right!
The hardest part is shortening the sleeves if they have any cuff detail work on them.
Sometimes they hang in the closet until I get around to altering them---like next season!
Alas. Would that we could all be the perfect size. But let us all be happy with how God made us.
Life would be so boring if all of us walked around the same height and size. :roll:
The thing is, you are looking fabulously. Keep it up!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Diana » May 19th, 2007, 7:05 am

Lizabette wrote:Alas. Would that we could all be the perfect size. But let us all be happy with how God made us.
Life would be so boring if all of us walked around the same height and size. :roll:
The thing is, you are looking fabulously. Keep it up!

I know I'm jumping in mid-conversation here, but Liz, I had to chuckle when I read this realizing that it's only since the industrial age that this whole size issue even surfaced, and then only for folks who could afford store-bought clothes! What a reversal in our society overtime.

But even though God began creating us the perfect size(s) a ways back :mrgreen: , I'm with both of you on the whole arm and leg length thing. My fingers don't overlap around my wrist at all, but I have small hands. Nonetheless, the only length that properly fits is petite. And it was nigh impossible to find size 30-32 in a petite!

And Tawanda, I'm totally with Liz -- you are indeed looking fabulous!! And radiant!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby bikipatra » May 19th, 2007, 8:03 am

Diana wrote:
Lizabette wrote:
Nonetheless, the only length that properly fits is petite. And it was nigh impossible to find size 30-32 in a petite!
!!

I was in 26 petites for a while last year. And 24 petite jackets. If I bought regular jackets i had to have them tailored.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » May 19th, 2007, 8:36 am

Tawanda ~

You look so wonderful - so very much younger; it is hard to believe that you are a Grandma. Enjoy that healthy youthful bod!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 21st, 2007, 12:03 am

T-I just saw these, I was popping into your journal to tell you how much I LOVE the avatar and here these are! WOO HOO! What an inspiration! You look FANtastic! I love these side by side all together...really shows us (and you) HOW FAR you've come! You should be so proud of yourself!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby Tawanda » May 21st, 2007, 7:43 am

dede4wd wrote:T-I just saw these, I was popping into your journal to tell you how much I LOVE the avatar and here these are! WOO HOO! What an inspiration! You look FANtastic! I love these side by side all together...really shows us (and you) HOW FAR you've come! You should be so proud of yourself!

D

Thank you Dede, glad you are back home & with us--and you mentioned something :o I meant to mention but forgot the last time I was here :oops: .

I wanted to say: Unca, thank you for making all the photos the same size -- it looks so much nicer than I had them!
Tawanda

Postby Nancy » May 21st, 2007, 7:51 am

:secret: Hee hee...Pretty soon, the final at-goal picture will be posted and it will not be the same size...Tawanda, you look great!

:hmmm: Your grandsons will say the same thing that Jo's grandson Jacob said,

:wavie: "Grandma, how'd you get so little?"

Good job! :pet:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby KellyC » May 21st, 2007, 8:13 am

I've always thought it would be nice to be a couple inches shorter---5'4" or 5'5" would be nice and then maybe pants and sleeves would fit better.

I'm 6'2".. lol.. BELIEVE ME.. I understand!
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Amber » May 22nd, 2007, 7:45 am

Look @ YOU, Tawanda!
Wonderful~
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 5th, 2007, 4:48 pm

The Incredible Shrinking Woman!! Tawanda you look great. Sorry it took me a while to post a response to your pictures. I always forget to look at the other areas of the forum - I tend to stick to the journal. You really are doing a great job and have a lot to be proud of.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Studio