Tawanda

1 Thread per registered User.

Re: Tawanda

Postby katesmom » August 1st, 2010, 1:18 pm

Hello T !!
Sure hope that you are having an "awesome" day !
Where is everybody??
I am on plan, and feel great !

Pam :hug:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » August 3rd, 2010, 7:48 am

Pam, your post made my morning! I love that strong 'can do' feeling when we are solidly on program! You are giving yourself such a wonderful gift by taking care of you!

My weight this morning is 154#.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby katesmom » August 3rd, 2010, 4:59 pm

Hi T !
I am so glad to be finally back in the groove and on plan...The feeling is amazing and I am not hungry ! Have you ever done the 6-0? I want to try it once I get a little more adjusted...I am sleeping full nights, staying on plan and feeling super ! Glad you are here...Where did everybody go??

Pam :) :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Tawanda » August 4th, 2010, 7:33 am

katesmom wrote:Hi T !
I am so glad to be finally back in the groove and on plan...The feeling is amazing and I am not hungry ! Have you ever done the 6-0? I want to try it once I get a little more adjusted...I am sleeping full nights, staying on plan and feeling super ! Glad you are here...Where did everybody go??

Pam :) :D

Pam, no-I've not done the 6-0. I think Katie has done it, under the care of her doctor?

The strength and determination is an incredible and wonderful feeling--when we are solidly in the Medi-zone. I pray you'll stay strong when temptation to go off program happens. You will get to your goal, if you can ignore the temptations to take a break from the program. You can do this.

Unfortunately the site has been this quiet for a couple years. It use to be so active and enjoyable to keep up with others. I've kind of given up on keeping my journal active. I'm thrilled to encourage you and others to keep going on your journey to health.
Tawanda

Postby katesmom » August 8th, 2010, 2:42 pm

Hi T!
Glad that you're still here !
I hope that all is well with you...
Are you on plan?
How do you follow the plan?
Bars? shakes?
I find that the bars and shakes work the best for me ...
Yeah, this board is too quiet...What ever happened to Katie??
Take Care and have a great day !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Tawanda » August 16th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Hi Pam. I had surgery 2.5 weeks ago and haven't been online much since then. Slowly recuperating and getting back some 'oomph'. I'm watching 2 of my grandchildren right now as their parents were on 'overwhelmed' and needed a time-out. Thankfully the little ones are down for a nap right now so that I can just sit in my chair for an hour or two.

I'm 50/50 with program. Just playing at MF which isn't good at all. I need to buckle down to the 5/1 (again) and get myself back under 150#. I do feel hopeful that I can keep the weight off.....but only time will tell if I can keep ahead of my appetite and inclination to want to turn to food all the time.

I hope you continue to stay strong and stay on program.

:hug:
Tawanda

Postby Tawanda » August 16th, 2010, 12:40 pm

double post
Last edited by Tawanda on November 2nd, 2010, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tawanda

Postby rodeomom » August 18th, 2010, 10:40 pm

I have done everything from a 4 & 2 to the 6 & 0. Once you are in fat burning the 6 & 0 isn't bad. The thing you gotta watch out for is being too active on it because you can really run yourself down very fast. If your active and you stay awake long enough adding a 7th shake could be worth it. Most of the time when I am solidly on the 5 & 1 I will have a day or two a week that I just don't feel like preparing or really "eating" anything so I just have a 6th MF meal when its time for the L & G. I am not sure the a complete 6 & 0 would increase weight loss enough to make it entirely worth it to me.

T - I know how surgery can put you in a funk. Certainly been there and done that (5 times in the last 3 years as a matter of fact). I hope you are able to get back to a comfortable routine soon. I also know all about "playing with MF". You are sooo right about it not being a good idea. As far as I am concerned it is a waste of money and like wrestling with a pig..... you know the rest. I have vowed to either be on or off. Hot or cold no luke warm any more. And I am speaking about more than just MF. I have been "blah" and gray about life in general for a very long time. I have decided to be 100% committed to it or get out of it whatever the "it" may be. Thanks for visiting my journal and your encouragement!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katesmom » August 28th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Hi T!
Thanks for writing in my journal recently ! My allergies are better and I am sleeping again !! School started and it fels good to have my routine back ! I am down an even 20 pounds today ! Not really hungry anymore and have been compliant. I agree with you and Brenda that on this plan you have to do it right or not at all !

Hope that you are well !!
Write back when you can !

Pam :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby oksoonergirl26 » September 5th, 2010, 1:24 pm

Hey T!

Hope this finds you almost recouped from your surgery! I have been struggling with the whole maintaining thing and I am not sure what to do either....guess it never gets easy does it?
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » November 2nd, 2010, 9:30 am

Hi everyone,

I check this site at least weekly but no longer daily or multiple times a day. Sad that it has become a ghost town (ghost site? :) )

Still working on getting myself back to my goal weight. I regained 20# but am on program and have taken 5# back off so far. I need to learn to maintain and regulate my weight. I have never done the transition and maintenance so that may be part of my problem along with I'm a binge eater who uses food to cope with life. Big surprise to read that, I know.

At this point I may be just writing to myself as it seems that most people have gone with Elvis (left the building-----er um, site). ;)
Tawanda

Postby katesmom » November 2nd, 2010, 12:50 pm

Hi T!
I am around...just haven't posted here in awhile..Keeping 17 pounds off so far and ran out of MF food. :(
My budget is tight since my hubhy is still not working...
Hope to be ordering more MF grub soon !

IT IS A GHOST TOWN HERE !!!
Pam :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby katieb920 » November 7th, 2010, 7:30 am

You got that right... GHOST SITE. I have not been faithful to the program. I have no idea what is going on with me. I just have this mental block. I will try again tomorrow. I know I can do this once I am on for a couple of weeks, it is just really hard getting started.

Wishing you the best
Katie
katieb920

Postby Tawanda » November 7th, 2010, 8:26 am

Oksoonergal, Pam and Katie; I wish I knew exactly how we seem to 'flip that switch' that makes following the program doable (sometimes quite easily doable) when we've gone through weeks and weeks (or months and months) of good intentions to get back onto program compliance. Once I'm in ketosis, it is much easier to say 'no' to my food thoughts....but then I can throw it all away (compliance) on a moment's whim.

I do not know the answer. Wish I did because I could have used the knowledge, mental strength many times.

Right now, I am on my 11th day of program compliance. It was 'easy' this time to stop indulging in sugary, simple carbs (i.e. junk). I marveled and pondered 'why it is easy today' a whole lot of times throughout the first 4-5 days. Thankful that I was not having the horrible head hungries for non-program foods and able to get through those first days easily. I do not understand why it was that way---but, again, I am so thankful that it was and that I am back to getting those regained pounds off.

I want this to be the last time that I have to lose 20+ pounds to get back to my goal weight. I'm tired of myself getting to goal and then allowing myself to regain such a significant amount of weight, once again. Last time it was 38# regained. This time it was 23# that I regained before stopping the madness.

I have set myself a goal, by January 1st, to be at or within 5# of my goal weight. That was a bit more than 2# a week to lose, but I figured it was 'doable' on program, because of the (usual) drop of 4 or so pounds in the first week. I am a bit disappointed that it is taking awhile to lose 5#...but I imagine my body is saying "hey, been here many times before and I don't have to let loose of the pounds, because you are just going to regain them again". LOL :shock:

When I reach goal, I will follow the transition and maintenance as outlined in the Medifast program materials. I have never done this is my past times of reaching my goal weight. I have been using the MF products, pretty much daily using some products, for almost 4 years. It is time to learn to eat healthy and wisely. It is also time for me to learn to curb the regain at 3# or 5#-------not 20# or more. Ridiculous what I have been doing!

So.......I pray that those who are struggling will get that 'easy restart' as I did, and that you will be smarter than I have been---that you will get to a healthy weight and that you will learn to maintain that weight with wise and healthy food choices.
Tawanda

Postby ChynnaDoll » November 22nd, 2010, 9:01 am

GOOD MORNING! Just wondering how you are doing and wanted to say hello! :wave:

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal