Tawanda--pics

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Postby Tawanda » May 17th, 2007, 5:40 am

LOL, 'looking normal' is a compliment of the highest form Jo......so I say 'thank you for that one especially'.

Kelly-- I am 5'7 and have a small bone structure so some of the extra weight that I carry is hidden by clothes.

I felt that I looked best at about 124-127 but my goal is to get to 140 and then I'll evaluate if my age has changed what my weight should be. My husband expressed surprise that I still had 36# (or more) to lose (nice NSV!! LOL) and told me that my weight loss is amazing and such a huge difference in my appearance.

Isn't it amazing that how we feel inside shows so much in our outside appearance? I saw it already in the March photos, even though the weight loss wasn't 'showing' on the outside yet---my inner Tawanda was beginning to smile through.

I have horrid posture, always have been a 'slumper' so I tried in the last photo to stand up straighter, LOL.

Thank you so much to each of you who've written here. You've lifted my spirits and made my smile bigger. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » May 17th, 2007, 5:43 am

Tawanda wrote:Kelly-- I am 5'7 and have a small bone structure so some of the extra weight that I carry is hidden by clothes.
:)

I am the same height and the same issue. Teeny bones.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katieb920 » May 17th, 2007, 5:51 am

So i am no doctor here how do you tell if you are big boned or middle or tiny.
Katie
katieb920

Postby bikipatra » May 17th, 2007, 6:03 am

katieb920 wrote:So i am no doctor here how do you tell if you are big boned or middle or tiny.

I don't know the scientific way, but compared to almost everyone in my family I have tiny wrists and hands. I also wear a petite jacket, even in plus sizes.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Lauren » May 17th, 2007, 6:30 am

Tawanda, not only do you look fantastic - you look SO MUCH YOUNGER! It's amazing! Congrats a million times over!

Katie, if you wrap you thumb and your middle finger around your other wrist, the way to gauge your small/med/big boned is where your fingers meet. If the thumb and finger overlap, you tend towards small-boned, if they just touch, it's medium, if they don't meet, it's on the bigger boned side. This is what I read somewhere.

HOWEVER (disclaimer), this all seems slightly, um, suspect, considering when I was obese, I couldn't wrap my fingers, but now they almost overlap. So, I'm not sure how accurate it is...

Just thought I'd share.

Ciao, folks!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 17th, 2007, 6:37 am

Don't ask me how since I am 5'7" and my legs don't seem particulary short but at Lane Bryant I also wore a petite pant. I guess I have a long torso.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby kmr » May 17th, 2007, 6:43 am

Tawanda............you look great! I agree with the others...you do look alot less than your actual weight. I am almost the same height 5'7 1/4" and I thought I was medium boned, but I must be small boned too because in pics of me at 212, I think I looked alot bigger than you did. It's great to be able to see other people that are the same height at different weights because it helps me to choose an appropriate goal weight. I can look at other people that are my height and judge whether or not I think they look good, but I can't look at myself in the mirror and judge myself. Keep sending updated pics. I love seeing how great you and Biki are looking. It keeps me motivated to keep going. After seeing how awesome you and Biki look even at your current weights, I guess people were right when they would tell me I was too skinny at 133 lbs. after having my twins. I didn't think so at the time though! Keep up the great work Tawanda and thanks again for taking the time to post your pics and keeping us all motivated. :D :thumbig:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » May 17th, 2007, 6:45 am

My mother told me last night that I looked too thin at 117 even though it was my weight for years so for now I am sticking to 135 although I may lower it.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby kmr » May 17th, 2007, 6:48 am

Lauren ..........you're right. I used to be able to overlap my fingers around my wrist, but now they touch since gaining all the weight.

Biki............I'm the same way. I'm 5' 7 1/4" and "regular" length jeans fit a little long on me, the way I like them to fit, but "long" length jeans go waaaaaaay past the tip of my toes!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby Tawanda » May 17th, 2007, 7:42 am

KMR, I've got that extra .25 of an inch, too! I just thought I'd leave it at 5'7"......but I am 5'7 + 1/4 " LOL.

I need to buy talls in pants and in shirts so my pants aren't high waters and my gorilla arms are covered comfortably. I need 33" inseam and just hate having my shirt sleeves hit that wrist bone because when I bend my arms, then they are too short. Fussy about just those two things.

Small bone structure and how to tell. I'm not sure either. I guess I just assumed I have a small bone structure because of how thin my wrists are along with how I carry my weight (when I'm not in the obese catagory and have my belly leading the way). I have heard often over the years that I hide my weight well. This isn't a good thing to hear, in a way, as I took it as license to eat more and gain more. Right now, I'm 50# heavier than what I use to weigh. That is a lot of butter sitting on the counter (or fat covering a body). My waist was usually 24" and I my bra band size was 32. So I guess the rib cage and waist measurements being so little were partially (or mostly) the way that I determined that I had a small bone structure. I don't know if I do or not. :D

Okay, so now I've forgotten what else I was going to say, LOL. In my photos yesterday I'm wearing 14 stretch jeans from JCPenny and a size L Eddie Bauer top--just as another marker for anyone who is interested in comparing where they are or may be if near my height although that may be all wrong for anyone else's body shape/size at my height/weight.

You guys are good for the morale.....thanks. :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby kmr » May 17th, 2007, 8:05 am

Tawanda..........that's so funny how we're exactly the same height. I guess it does matter how people are proportioned too. I have an "apple" shape so I've always carried my weight uptop. Most people think I look taller than I am, which is a good thing, until they stand close to me, then they're like, " you're shorter than I thought." Considering that my father was 6'4", my brother and I didn't turn out that tall. He's 5' 10" and I'm 5' 7". I think my mother's shortness balanced us out! (hee hee) She's 5' 1". Well keep up the great work! You look AWESOME! :thumbup:

Biki............I haven't seen 117 lbs. since my late teens/early twenties! Ahhhhhhh...... those were the days! You look great now though, so what ever weight you eventually decide on I know you will already look good! :kool:
kmr
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » May 17th, 2007, 8:36 am

Tawanda wrote:Okay, so now I've forgotten what else I was going to say, LOL. In my photos yesterday I'm wearing 14 stretch jeans from JCPenny and a size L Eddie Bauer top--just as another marker for anyone who is interested in comparing where they are or may be if near my height although that may be all wrong for anyone else's body shape/size at my height/weight.

You guys are good for the morale.....thanks. :D

The smallest pants I can wear are 16's although I wear a medium top even with these boobs,
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Oh, yeah...Tawanda is alive and thinny

Postby Nancy » May 17th, 2007, 9:22 am

Tawanda ~

:shock: Oh, Wow! :cleader:

I am so happy that you shared your photos with us, Tawanda.

You look like you shed 10 years as well as three bags of dog food plus 20 cubes of butter.

Your profile pictures reveal a sleeker neck and the chinny chins are thinny thins now! ;)

:hmmm: Now we gotta get you to tuck in your shirts and wrap a belt around that slimmin’ waist of yours.

We already know you to be a :rose: wonderful person, :hug: caring, :pet: compassionate, :roflmao: humorous and :thumbsup: positive and now you :shades: look wonderful in everyway.

I am just so pleased for the improvement in your health and so :hi5: proud of you.

Chunky waistlines and midriffs are markers of potential :twisted: heart disease and your photos demonstrate how the Take Shape program has helped to move you toward improved health.

Chugga glugga onward to the goal line! :beerbeer:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby holberry » May 17th, 2007, 9:27 am

oh my gawd T, I have the same Old Navy t-shirt, frumpola eh? tho you probably have dumped yours by now...
You look splendid, smashing, radient, gorgous
way togo
:yay: :heart: :yay:
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 17th, 2007, 11:39 am

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!..you look FANNNNTABULOUS Tawanda :-P :-P Medifast DOES work!!! Those jeans look like they could be a 10/12 or a 12/14 and not a 14..seriously!! I'm now wearing a size 14 jean too, and even a 12 depending on the maker..haven't gotten to the 10 yet..lol! Thank you so much for sharing.

Keep on doing what you are doing...cuz it's definitely WORKING girl!:+)

Chynna~
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Studio