Tawanda

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Lizabette » March 19th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Image TAWANDA, This is a picture just for you taken about the time I reached goal.
You were so sweet in my journal to ask about a goal picture. I did leave a link there also.
It was taken at Hot Springs Nat'l Park in our unique little Hot Springs town.
Anyway, ask and you shall receive...

Talking about sleep problems, yes I wonder if most everyone has them.
But lately (knock on wood!) I have been doing much better.
I usually make sure the bed is warm---with my mattress warmer, and sometimes put on warm socks.
(boo hoo... I don't have any knit stockings like JO makes)
and bury my face in my foam pillow...
It is usually 11:00 to midnight when I get in bed...I read something to make me a liitle sleepier.
True I get up once or twice at night, but have been getting back to sleep okay.
So that is my sleep saga.
Have a good night tonight, ya'll.
Oh, I should say, that is my DH, on whose lap I am sitting...something I didn't usually do back when...
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » March 19th, 2007, 3:16 pm

Dang, I keep getting an Invalid Session notice when I try to post this afternoon. Lost everything I wrote....now to remember it....... :-P

It sounds like many have sleep problems. Mine began at least a year ago so I cannot blame it on MF. I have, however, noticed that during the daytime I've been having much more energy than I use to have before beginning the program. That has been awesome!

Lizabette, what a neat photo, thank you for sharing it with me. I haven't sat on my DH's lap for probably 16+ years (which he is probably very happy about since it would be hard on his thighs if I did :lol: ). I look forward to the day when I weigh a lot less than he does (he has always been thin) and he can once again have me sit on his lap without needing crutches afterwards. ;)

Okay, now to see if this will work this time. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 19th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Hi Tawanda - I have problems sometimes falling asleep and sometimes wake up several times to use the bathroom but typically fall right back to sleep. If I am having problems falling asleep I will take some benadryl - that helps me. But it goes in spurts - I think it's when I can't turn the brain off that it takes me longer to go to sleep.

I too had a lazy Sunday afternoon. Went to church and then walked home from church to get my exercise and just molted after that. It too wiped me out....felt like the typical couch potato - but without the chips... :D
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » March 19th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Tawanda wrote:Biki, the reason I thought it was age related is because others around my age (50) mention they are also having a rough time staying asleep. I usually can fall asleep pretty quickly, but will sometimes awaken 3 times during a 7 hour period. When I awaken, I'm wide awake. It is like someone turns a switch that is either 'asleep' or 'awake', none of this wake up and still think you can fall back to sleep stuff. ;) Often I just give up at 2:30 or 3:30 instead of tossing and turning.

Jo, you, too? :? It is the pits.

Until recently, for many months starting November 10, I never slept past 4 am, usually getting up much earlier, around 2:15. My disordered sleep was because of some medication issues and a bipolar disroder but I can certainly sympathize. I still very often get up at 12, 3, 4 but am able to go to sleep after working on the computer a little bit or having some tea or water (and a ciggie!)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 19th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Dh's alarm goes off at 4:45, so getting up at 3:30 isn't so horrible, I just get on the computer and catch up with emails and such. 2:30 gets to be a drag though, as once I get up and begin my day, I can't seem to gear back down enough to try to catch some more sleep time after he heads off to work. I don't have any problem with staying awake all day after one of those short nights/early mornings though. This was not the case when I was younger.... ;).

I ended up having an extra supplement today because I was feeling hungry. I don't think I was truly 'hungry', as I kept thinking about having something off program. I refuse to go off program, so it wasn't an option (to eat something other than MF foods), so I decided to have a pudding and drink more water. I also spent some time trying to figure out what I wanted to feed---stomach was not growling, I think it was an emotional or mental hunger, not a true hunger. Made it through the day but still don't know what my 'problem' was. Oh well, I guess all that matters is that I stayed compliant and refused to give in to the temptation. That is the battle I need to learn to always win. Never give in to the temptation to feed the emotional or mental hungries. Only feed the true hunger and feed it with 'good' fuel.

Some lessons are worth learning---for me, this one is of utmost importance.
Tawanda

Postby JonnaD » March 19th, 2007, 9:29 pm

Congrats on a compliant day. :hi5:
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » March 19th, 2007, 10:10 pm

Tawanda, with my sleeping issues too, I hate this rule. If you are up an hour, and not going back to sleep, you have to have a supplement. I have started my supplements as early as 3 or 4. We don't get "free" time just because everyone else is asleep losing weight.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby goodtaste1 » March 20th, 2007, 6:36 am

Hi Tawanda,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sleep issues. I suffered for years with insomnia but couldn't pin it to more than stress. I would not rule out the possibility of asking your Doc to give you a short cycle (7 days) of Ambien. It is just good to help put you back into a pattern of good sleep and sometimes that can do the trick.

My biggest problem with not sleeping isn't being up in the middle of the night but being a slug the next day. Sleep issues really rob you of so much.

Anyway, just my two cents. It worked for me during those times when I simply could not sleep no matter what was going on. I found that Ambien doesn't make you feel like you got hit in the head with a sledge hammer in the morning so you really feel refreshed and ready to tackle the day.

Now I'm happy to say that I'm 45 yo, engaged to be remarried to an amazing man and generally sleep like a baby. (A big baby, but a baby nonetheless :D )

Best of luck on this one and thanks for your ever inspiring words.
Cheers!

Jody
goodtaste1
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » March 20th, 2007, 6:48 am

Oh goodness, I'm going to have to admit that 99% of my mornings I do not have my first supplement within an hour of getting up. It isn't like I'm trying to rebel against the rules, it is more like, it takes 90 to 120 minutes before my brain can even consider telling my body that it needs something more than coffee. I do have it as soon as I get a couple--or a few---cups of coffee in me....but it isn't within the first hour. This morning I did have it before I had been up for 2 hours.

Oh.....okay. I'll work on getting started on supplements within the first hour. groannnnnnnnn Geesh!

Last night I slept well and hard. I noticed my dh didn't look too chipper this morning so I'm guessing that my cold symptoms (snorting, snoring and other such lovely noises we --- yes, even YOU -- make when we have a horrid cold---and yes, this cold has been 'horrid') must have happened and kept him from getting a good night's rest. Poor guy.

Doggone scale shows me back up that lousy .5# AGAIN! Jo says this is a plateau.......but I think it is more of a mini stall.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Dang but I crack myself up sometimes (that is an old saying and I should ditch it along with the Doggone and Dang, dontcha think? But I'm old, and old people use 'funny' words that the rest of the population don't use..........what can I say? I'm caught in a time warp.......and a mini stall plateau).

So.......onward with the day. I think I need one more cup of coffee......
Tawanda

Postby bikipatra » March 20th, 2007, 7:07 am

I need some more coffee too! I got so busy on the boards and EBAYING I missed my second supplement by an hour, so it is easy to do.
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby nickieluv » March 20th, 2007, 8:26 am

Tawanda;

I just caught up on the last few pages of your journal and I wanted to say that I really like reading your posts. I find myself nodding at a lot of the things you say - foremost in my mind right now are the BMI chart idea and learning to eat totally differently when the plan is over.

I'm not sure which caused the other, but at the same time I realized I can't go back to my old habits, I had less of a problem staying compliant. I am trying to look at trigger foods not as things I can't have - which will make me want them more in rebellion - but as things I don't want - which gives me the power to choose. When you wrote about the permaorange coated Cheetos I grinned - they were my favorite. Now, they seem pretty gross. And cold pizza. Ick. And greasy Chinese food. Ick.

Of course, then I start to wonder what I WILL eat when I don't have MF supplements all day. I'm no longer sure what's good for me - I just know what's bad for me!

Thanks for keeping a journal - you helped me today!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » March 20th, 2007, 10:03 am

Tawanda wrote: Jo says this is a plateau.......but I think it is more of a mini stall.

Dang girl, it ain't a plateau unless it's at least 7-10 days long, sorry.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » March 20th, 2007, 10:22 am

Serendipity wrote:
Tawanda wrote: Jo says this is a plateau.......but I think it is more of a mini stall.

Yuu we know we do it on purpose. If you would stop reacting we would stop calling them mini-plateaus. Well, I might. Because even if you didn't react I would know it was bugging you... :lol:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » March 20th, 2007, 10:46 am

Serendipity wrote:

:D Just teasing you. I learnt to do it from watching Biki ;) .
Tawanda

Postby bikipatra » March 20th, 2007, 11:40 am

Tawanda wrote:
Serendipity wrote:

:D Just teasing you. I learnt to do it from watching Biki ;) .
:twisted: Let's start a trend!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal