Sunday Morning Roll Call: September 4, 2005

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Postby doglover » September 4th, 2005, 4:15 pm

I see it's slim pickings for posters today. Must be the holiday weekend.

I started on Mon. after taking most of the summer off. I was on my monthly when I started so was up a bit from my previous goal and maintained weight. But...I lost that plus some. I am down 5.5 lbs this week!

This is grand. 3.5 to go...I would ask how long this will take but I know better! I am hoping 1-2 weeks, but will stick to it if it's 1-2 months!

Great job guys and gals. You are my heroes!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Ash's mom » September 4th, 2005, 6:30 pm

Hello all.....I'll make this pretty short as I am exhausted today. I'm in the Dallas area and have been volunteering over the last 2 days to those in shelters in the area. I have been off program since Tuesday and have no loss to report. Tomorrow is a day of rest and reflecting after seeing and hearing about the devastating ordeal these people have been through and continue to struggle with. Weightloss has seemed kind of a silly thing over the last few days as I have cried with many people.

If you have not made a donation, please do not delay any longer. I can tell you first hand that the Red Cross is utilizing your donations to the greatest benefit.

I am however ready to get back on program and know that MF is a great tool for me. I'm ready to detox some of the yuck I have put in my body over the next week. I'm off to relax and spend some time with my son.

Congrats to all those this week on their losses.

Please continue to pray for all those involved.

Heather
Ash's mom
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby mytime » September 4th, 2005, 8:39 pm

TK GREAT JOB !!!!

Donna - welcome back ! 5.5 is really great ! I wnated to ask a question if you don't mind. When you say you were off plan for the summer - how far off were you ? Did you use some MF, follow a low carb diet or what ? I am just curious as I am trying to paint a picture for myself of what longterm results look like. As it stands in my mind I will be using MF forever and really like it so that is fine - it seems like the right tool for longterm health for me. You did soo very well with your summer break I cannot help but wonder. Mytime

Heather - thank you for helping the families that have been relocated to your area. My cousin his wife and two children were living in NO before the storm. They evacuated but he taught law for LSU and may be headed to Houston at their request to teach again. I am happy to hear that he can expect a warm welcome as you Texans onsite seem like a great bunch. I know just what you mean about the focus of your life changing. Sometimes it is good to adjust our yardstick. Taking care of yourself, however, does not mean you are not taking care of others - something I am still struggling to learn. Take care and thanks again, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby doglover » September 5th, 2005, 8:05 am

Hey mytime! I don't mind questions at all! I did use MF 3-4 times a day but ate other foods as well. I limited carbs somewhat, like no bread. But I did have pasta and pizza. The thing I did the most was cut way back on portions and still ate several times a day. I also began exercising again. I was walking/running and lifting weights and cardio kickboxing. Sometimes if I felt I had over indulged a bit I actually worked out 2 times a day. I never exercised more than 30 min at a time. I am missing that exercise now that I am back to full fast again. But I'll be done soon!

So between less stuff in the mouth and exercising I was successful in keeping my weight within the limits I set for myself. I too plan to use the products for the rest of my life. I love the oatmeal, shakes, pudding and bars!

In fact, I was on my boat with a friend yesterday, sporting my new bikini and she asked why I felt 3.5 more lbs was necessary. Since women's weight fluctuates throughout the month I just really want to fluctuate in the 130's! I don't want to see 140 or more hit that scale again! So it's not for how I look bec. I honestly don't think 3.5 lbs will make me look any different, it is just a control and mental thing for me.

Anyway...hope that answers your questions! I had a hard time not eating chicken tacos on homemade wheat tortillas that my hubby made last night, but I know I will eat that again, and very soon if I just resist for one night!

Have a great day!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mytime » September 5th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Donna, thank you for the reality check. It sounds like you did a variation on maintenance. I just needed the confirmation that MF works longterm from somone who has felt its magic. So thank you. I am thrilled to hear you are in a bikini !!!! You will have that last 3 pounds off in a blink and I totally get the goal and needing to get there for yourself. I am considering heading back to the gym this week but I too can get really consumed by it. We will see. Anyway thank you for writing - you are an inspiration. I look forward to congratulating you on goal very soon. All my best, Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby jentuke » September 6th, 2005, 1:50 pm

Congrats to everyone.
:clap:
Hurray! We made it through another week.

I'm so excited for all the people with losses, who are that much closer to their goal.

For the people without losses, I feel your pain and standby you in your resolve to lose these unwanted pounds.

I didn't weigh this week. I was scared to hop on it this week. This would have been the 4th weigh in for me. My losses have been slowing and I was approaching that TOM. I was worried I wouldn't be able to handle whatever the numbers were going to say. I think last week was the hardest. I have lost 12.5 lbs so far and I think I was bolstered by that loss. I felt a bit cocky and a bit feeble all at the same time. That results in a little bit of caution thrown to the wind and means I probably wasn't 100% compliant. I read someone else giving themselves a score for the week. I think mine would be a B- . I deserved to get dinged for not enough water, a bite or two of non-mf approved food, and skipping some of my end of day supplements.

Now, for the happy part. This weekend I did some shopping. Lots of stuff was on sale. I was actually able to fit into clothes in one of the stores where I'm often above their upper-limit. Then, I was in another store and my boyfriend asked what size for jeans... I said "oh, at LEAST a 16..." He located a pair, I tried them on and lo and behold... they were TOO BIG. Ah, now that is satisfaction.

So, even if I'm afraid of the scale this week, I know I have been losing inches and sizes. I'm also still here and still slurping.

So, I'd like for everyone to raise a frosty shake in a big MediFast toast. This is for sticking with it and getting to reveal our truly beautiful selves! Cheers!

:clapclap: :toast:
jentuke
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby RavenKat » September 6th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Again - Too busy to sign in, let alone read any great posts. :-(

Two pounds last week ........50 pound club PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to catch up with reading soon and getting to know the newer people.

Happy Tuesday!
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Alisha » September 7th, 2005, 6:17 am

3.5 # loss for me this week. 40# Club here I come!

Congrats to everyone on losses and determination. We'll get there.

Alisha
"I can resist everything but temptation"

~Oscar Wilde

Alisha
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2005, 11:02 am

Wowser!

Alisha, you are doing such a good job - what a loser! Happy for ya!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

:)

Postby prata1973 » September 7th, 2005, 4:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a few days late but I lost 1lb this week...I was really hoping for more and up to this point it's the lowest I've lost but I'll take it, it's a loss!! All our prayers our with everyone in the South.
God Bless

Angie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
prata1973
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Hi, Angie ~

Some weeks are like that....actually after the Labor Day weekend, you shoud be :yay: you lost a pound! Others are :table: for making lousy choices....

It seems like the 3rd or 4th week and the 6th or 7th week are somewhat puny loss weeks for many people.

Keep right on shaking, Girl! You will be half way to your goal in no time at all!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mytime » September 7th, 2005, 7:07 pm

GREAT JOB ALISHA !!! We in the 40 pound club have the door wide open - at the rate you are losing you should be here in no time. Take care friend and GREAT WORK !!!! Mytime
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime

Postby kimalexrn » September 7th, 2005, 10:19 pm

I do believe I'm the last to post for this past Sunday's roll call. My computor died and had to get fixed, thus making me post this late in the game, but oh well, better late that never.

I'm down 1.8 pounds this week.

Congrats to everyone who posted before me :goteam:
keep up the good work.

Kim
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2005, 10:22 pm

:shock: Uh, oh...do we need to play Taps for that :puterboos: old 'puter of yours or did it get :angel: resurrected?

Happy to know you are back online, Little darlin' and keeping us :puter: posted about your :yes: awesome success!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Roll Call