Sunday Morning Roll Call, September 12, 2004

Join our weekly (Sunday) weigh in.

Sunday Morning Roll Call, September 12, 2004

Postby LongWay2go » September 12th, 2004, 5:15 am

Wake up everyone! Time to SHAKE IT!!!
:goteam:
Spidey made his next goal by the skin of his teeth this week. I'm up to 40 pounds lost, which was a goal I set when I started the plan, with next weekend being my goal date as my sister is coming for our annual birthday celebration. We always celebrate together every year; a celebration that included my mother when she was alive. My birthday is the 17th, Karen (sister) is on the 18th and Mom was on the 20th so this is always a big deal celebration, and always TOGETHER!

That and one other minor victory, I have not used my cane in over a week! Man alive, how can you NOT be excited by this experience! Spidey is doing his happy dance today!

Good luck everyone!

-Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 12th, 2004, 5:49 am

Good morning, Gerald, and All.

Gerald, that's cause for a celebration even without the birthdays. :D Spidey will be inching towards those tights soon. I enjoyed reading that other thread -- hilarious.

I have no gain/no loss to report. If I see one in the next day or two, I'll post it here. I'm still doing 100% right, so I do get something for that, don't I? :shock:

I have a celebration coming up for small son tomorrow as he's turning 8. Will make a cake hands-off and take it to his after school program for the kids to share with him. Still does not bother me much to let others have their treats and pleasures -- mine is in how I feel. I love this feeling of "mass stability", no anxiety of scale going up, paying the piper, etc.

Take care everyone. We are in this for the long run. No success slipping here.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 12th, 2004, 6:16 am

Hip Hip HOORAY, GERALD!

DC, hang in there girlfriend ;)

Hey....where's the thread about the TIGHTS??!! I missed it somehow!

Good luck to ALL who are weighing in today.........

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2004, 9:13 am

Hi, Kids ~

So happy to hear from you - Gerald! We are kicking up our heels and doing back flips for your victory!

Imagine! 160 cubes of butter melted off of your frame since you first began on your Medifast Journey! Whee! No more cane!!! You'll have to mount it on your wall as a reminder of this special event. Perhaps a little brass plaque under it with the date inscribed and Because I Can!

Dutch, I just wanna come over there, give you a hug and measure you so we can see where your efforts are going. We all know that you are doing the right things and that will give you the right results. You must be carving some absolutely fantastic muscles. Your legs, arms, pecs (Ahemm...) deltoids, glutes and abs must be so firm! You will be able to do a bathing suit shot for sure!

Lois is safely on her way! Camille is shakin' it up in Hawaii and we are so glad that Susan climbed back on board the train to Thinsville.

This is a commitment for life and it is not easy. I admire you all for loving yourself enough to eat healthier, to exercise when you are able and to stay positive. You are changing your lives and together we are changing one another and all with whom we come in contact!

You MakeMeThinner People rock!

Postby Guest » September 12th, 2004, 9:15 am

Duh, Leopard Woman failed :oops: to report her weight:

a buck thirty... :D

Postby LongWay2go » September 12th, 2004, 9:24 am

LW also failed to log in! LOL
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » September 12th, 2004, 10:03 am

Lois, it's in the thread that appears to be scientific about the Salk Institute!!

Well, the cooking is over, woohoo. Wasn't all that great, actually, a lot of sweating and cleaning up for me. Looks pretty. In some ways, I'm feeling like that isn't getting me too far!!

I was being a bit discreet by not playing the Aunt Flo card, but that's the issue right now. I'd say that firmness is still eluding me somewhat. I did fall down this week and twist ankle/scrape knee, so I had my exercise program on hold a few days. Went back yesterday and I am good to go.

Congrats on a buck thirty, LW! Tall and thin, indeed. :)
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Simmshe » September 12th, 2004, 10:10 am

Good afternoon everyone!

Nice going Gerald! It's so motivating to see such big changes in only five weeks--no cane already?!? Just imagine what the next 40lbs is going to be like and what new "I Cans" you will have to report ;)!

And Dutch, I'm sure you will see a loss next week (dreaded Aunt Flo has been in town, right?). I'm proud of your resolve and compliance--you are being duly rewarded, both mentally and physically. Your body will let some more weight go when it's ready (I know this one personally--read below) :).

Nancy, I hope you are feeling better and aren't in much pain--feel better soon :).

Well, as for me. After about a 15-17 day holding pattern, I'm starting to drop again. I lost 7lbs this week :). For any of you who lose weight, stop, lose weight, stop, try monitoring your losses--I bet you will see a pattern. I think that we all lose in patterns--some of us lose weight regularly/weekly, and some of us lose in chunks and spurts--like myself. My pattern of weight loss has always been like this (before MF). And my loss-and-hold pattern for this month is identical, so far, down to the number of days, from last month. So, it looks like I lose for about 11-13 days and hold for 16-18 days. Crazy, isn't it? And it was frustrating until I figured out the pattern :x. So, I'm into about day 5 of the losing phase, so we will see where my loss stops for the month.

Anyways, wishing everyone a great week--keep it up :)!

Sheryl
Last edited by Simmshe on September 12th, 2004, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sudaoning » September 12th, 2004, 10:12 am

Awesome ALL.

This girl has lost 2.
Happy birthday-to-come Gerald! Mine is the 23rd so we can celebrate goals met together. When I started MF I set a goal of 190 by my birthday. 2 pounds to go by the 23rd. Do-able I think. Unless this body wants to be stubborn again for a bit, but still will reach the birthday happier, healthier and anticipating the future as a thin person!

I am buying myself the recumbent bike as a birthday gift and to celebrate 30 lbs (5 more).

Dutch I Love what you said about being thin was Your treat. What better treat in the world???? If we can just be remain mindful of that.

I have noticed that my daughter's world (oldest) or at least her conversation seems to revolve almost exclusively around food!!! She was here discussing the gyros and baklava from the Greek fest, her new daisy pancake maker and the wonderful blueberry pancakes, wanting to begin planning for the Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts when of course Mom HAD to join them for dinner. I said that I most certainly would, but that my feast might come from a packet.

Donna :D
Start; 7/26/04
217/172/140
45 pounds and goin down!
sudaoning
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 12th, 2004, 10:24 am

Simmshe, maybe that's a value of this weekly weigh-in, just identifying such a pattern. For example, in the weeks previously that I can remember, I lost 1, 1, 3, 3, and then today, 0. It kind of fits the pattern that you identified in terms of half-months. I could be in for a real roasting if I have to wait two more weeks -- eeeewwww! Anyway, congratulations on the big strides forward you're able to make now. These are good days for you, like an astrological reading, so make the most of them. Lol.

Yippee, Sudaoing. We are basically neck and neck at 25 pounds gone each, in about the same time. This is going very, very well. Your birthday present sounds great. I'm asking myself why "I" don't do what I need to do and put air in my tires; has been flat all season and I could be riding. Thirty pounds lost is going to be a great part of the celebration for your birthday, too.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 12th, 2004, 10:35 am

I'm glad to see everyone doing well and staying encouraged! I lost NOTHING this week! LOL I'm not worried about it though--I dropped six big ones last week, so I was prepared to suffer for naught this week.
There's another Sunday around the corner! Shake on!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby RavenKat » September 12th, 2004, 2:57 pm

I lost 4 pounds. Yay me! :-P

45 on medifast all together. Pretty crazy when you consider all the years spent doing other things and failing.

Gerald, living without a cane must be incredible! I just want to look better naked - nothing too noble there. ;)

Later dudes and dudettes!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 12th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Hello all, I have an unusual request. Those not posting their stats - start date & weight, current weight and goal weight, please post or PM them to me. I have a reason for asking! You'll have to trust me, the reason will be clear soon enough! (Lois, this means you!)

DC - You're doing a FANTASTIC job, and stay with it! You have done so well already, and only 10 pounds from your goal! Way to go! We are ALL very proud of you!

Sheryl - You are almost at 50 pounds lost and in only 2 months! Wow, that means you'll hit it this week! How wonderful that it and what an inspiration you are to us all. Keep on shakin' and soon you won't be "shaking" anymore!

Donna - Woo-hoo, happy birthday to you too! We started about the same time here, and look at you go! 25 pounds melted away. You'll hit the 30# club very soon and before you know it, you will be half-way to your goal.

Susanna - Nothing this week? Ok, but look how great you are doing in the long run! Keep on shakin', girl, and you'll be skinny before you know it! You did AWESOME last week, so you deserved the rest!

Kat - Holy cow, woman! 45 pounds already? Aren't you glad you went into "phase 2" now?

Anyone heard from Sylvia, Camille or Carrie yet? Where have Marseilles and Gerimarc been? We miss you guys, post, post, post! We want to know how you're doing!

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby DutchChoc » September 12th, 2004, 5:22 pm

Yup, I have heard from Sylvia, so that's one of our precious herd accounted from.

Ravenkat, glad to see you here. Yippee for your great continuation & all the way to 45 pounds gone. I know what you mean about all the other years. WELL, this year is special, and this way of doing it is, and this whole group is. We are making all the difference.

Congrats everybody. The Sundays are like our revolving doors -- fat goes out, success comes in.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby gerimarc » September 13th, 2004, 5:38 am

Good Monday Morning Everyone. Congrats to all on your losses. Gerald you are doing awesome!!. I'm still in my holding pattern at 32 pounds. Haven't moved in about two weeks. Guess as Emeril says...I'll have to crank it up a notch and move this body more.

I'm happy that I'm now fitting into my size 14 clothes. Packed up my 18's and 16's pants and some tops that are too big now. That felt good.
Glad I still had my 14's packed away and didn't GIVE them away a few years ago.

Keep on shakin everyone. Have great week.

Gerimarc
214/180/160
gerimarc

Next

Return to Roll Call