starting soon, but HELP...I am really scared

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

starting soon, but HELP...I am really scared

Postby sher » January 10th, 2004, 9:32 pm

:lol:
Hi,
I am a newbie...my shipment should arrive end of next week...I am scared to death...I have failed miserably at Atkins, Suzanne Sommers, proteing power, and weight watchers.....I am MISERABLE...please tell me this will work...I do NOT want to fail again....I own a bar/restaurant and that is the hard part....I also gained when I quit smoking, but now need to lose 60 pounds...will I succeed, or feel deprived...and...is there a appetite suppresant that I can take....I MUSt succeed...cannot deal with this depression any longer...all I wear are stretch pants, and big shirts...HELP..

Sher
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Maggie » January 11th, 2004, 11:11 am

Hello Sher.........Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. Yes, you can do it if you set your mind to it. You must prepare yourself mentally. I have been on Medifast for 6 weeks. I have lost 35 lbs. I need to lose about 200 lbs. I don't think of the total number. I would be overwhelmed if I did. I set goals of 10 lbs. When I lose 10, I will set a goal to lose another 10. If I had not started with Medifast the day after Thanksgiving I would still have those 35 lbs. plus a few more probably. If you can keep your mind totally focused on the reasons why you need/want to lose weight, staying on the program won't be a problem. The first 3 or 4 days are the most difficult because you will still feel hunger and this different way of eating takes getting used to. Hunger goes away after about 3 days. You will know what you are eating each day, so you don't have to make all those difficult decisions about what to eat, or count calories or carb grams. Just follow the Medifast program and it will work for you just like it is working for me and the others on this forum. Visit the forum as often as you can for motivation and support and also to give support to the other forum members. If you have a problem, just sign on and post. Help will be on it's way. I once heard a definition of bravery expressed in this way: Bravery is being afraid to do something, but doing it anyway. So be brave, just do it. Maggie
Last edited by Maggie on January 11th, 2004, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby sher » January 11th, 2004, 11:19 am

Hi Maggie,
you are a living doll...and thanks so much...I sat here and cried my eyes out, I am terribly depressed right now, that NOTHING seems good....I am SURE that a weight loss will bring some of that old me back...I do NOT want to go on anitdepressants, I just want to get thinner, and feel like leaving this house...my whole life has gone downhill with this weight gain, you must know that feeling too....you are so positive, I would love to keep in contact with you....I am a shihtzu breeder too, and my new little girl, I just named her MAGGIE, have always loved that name...must be fate that is your name too...hee hee....see, I have SOME smiles when it comes to my dogs, but NOT people...gads, don't even want hubby to touch me, I know he will feel rolls and that is so embarassing, he and his family of 13 eat whatever and whenever they want and are ALL slim and trim, I LOOK at pizza and might as well rub it on my _ _ _ _ , thats where its going anyway...but thanks...please keep in touch....I NEED someone terrible right now...God bless you
Sherry
sher

Postby Unca_Tim » January 11th, 2004, 11:30 am

Hi Sher and welcome to the forum,
Don't be sceered, Medifast is here...:)
I'd lay a pretty good bet that most people here have been on every DIEt known to man. You're no different than most there.

What i like to say to newbies is, get through those 1st 3 days and remember the whole program will be nothing like those 1st 3 days. Mild ketosis is the wonderful part of this program and like Maggie says, you have to give your body a chance to adjust to your new way of eating. Your body will become totally satisfied and happy with your new diet if you stick to the routine and your bod realizes it's getting a steady flow of all the nutrients and goodies it needs. Then, rather than storing fat, it begins buring your existing fat.
Whaala...the hunger subsides, your energy goes up, and the pounds start coming off...:)

Already having victory over the most addicting substances there is (Nicotine), you've shown you have tremendous will power. This will be a breeze compared to tobacco, once you get into it and see the results.

Give us a holler when you need, and give us some inspiration with your successes.

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sher » January 11th, 2004, 11:36 am

You are soooo awsome....I CAN do this, and bless you for all of your support....cannot believe I foud this forum....AMEN....my shipment should be here by Wednesday, hopefully...and I am motivated, just don't think I can endure being a failure....so I should not take any apetite suppresants, was considering buying that new one, trimspa without ephadrine...just though it might help, but if you all say no, then thats what it will be...please let me know....God bless you all....and I will keep you posted...
Sherry
sher

Postby Jims Chick » January 11th, 2004, 12:27 pm

Hi Sher,
I just started myself...this is my second day. I feel the same way that you do. It got worse when I took my before picture on Thursday. When I looked at the picture it really made me feel sick. I have decided I have to do this and it has to work. Everytime I diet, I end up even heavier....if I don't do this, where will I be by the end of the year. I can't even wear the pants I bought for Disneyland at the beginning of November. I haven't really felt deprived. I've been drinking tons of water which keeps me full. I even drink water with my meal...to slow it down and fill me up more. Dinner time was really hard. The homestyle chili was great...but lets face it... I could have eaten 10 times what I had. Overall, yesterday was pretty easy. If I had it to do over again, I probably would start during the week rather than the weekend when I'm home roaming the kitchen and cooking for the kids who seem to ant to snack constantly. I hope you find the message board helps you as much as it helps me. Everyone's experience is so helpful. I can do this....and you can do this too!!!

Julie :lol:
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » January 11th, 2004, 12:48 pm

THANKS SO MUCH JULIE,
I am truly looking forward to this....its also quite pricey in my opinion, but then to think I won't be buying junk anymore, that should be a good factor BUT...I own a bar/restaurant, and of course eat free... :x that makes this extra hard on the budget.... :guzzle: and I love my millier lite...so this is an extra hurdle for me big time...my customers will razz me big time, and even make fun of me, told hubby I was not going to bartend for a week or two, just to give me some added strength...those customer can be sooooo cruel....one even made mention of my big rear end last week, thought I was going to crumble, and almost went into full fleged tears, but I DID wait til I got home, then let loose....thin people do NOT have a clue...so how do you post your weight, just at the bottom here? thanks you guys are awsome.
Sher
sher

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2004, 1:07 am

Hello and Howdy doody everyone ~

I’m proud of you all for being so :hug: comforting and encouraging to one another.

:shock: I appreciate your honesty, too.

Often when people first begin on our products for the weight reduction phase, they are very concerned about being hungry.

;) Personally I think that a lot of my initial hunger was purely psychological!

Most people truly are not hungry even those first few days.

IF you do experience hunger, have an extra shake!
:guzzle:
Your weight loss will not slow down and there is nothing wrong with having several extra shakes those first few days.

Eat more often, if necessary – sometimes just knowing that you may have another shake if you are truly hungry takes the pressure off and hunger goes away.

Be creative when hunger strikes – :hammerhead: try to distract your self. Be sure to drink plenty of water. :water:

Medifast Plus for Appetite Suppression is a terrific product for those that experience hunger break-through.

It is caffeine free and contains Medifiber™ and Super Citrimax™.

It is a healthy way to approach food craving because it does not :boing: stimulate the central nervous system and doesn’t affect your BP, it won’t amp you up, you won’t feel :smoke: weird, :jumprope: wild or wired.

It will not affect your normal sleep pattern so you’ll be able to :snooze: snore away at your regular bedtime!

Because it is a natural product it won’t affect your :heart: heart rate.

I was very hungry for the first few weeks and was ready to lick my desk and eat the neighbor cat’s bowl of crunchies HOWEVER my experience is not common so those of you who are considering using Medifast or for those of you who are waiting for your order to arrive, don’t freak out or dwell my situation.

I did not have a close relationship with a personal Health Advisor and so I didn’t know about the benefits of the Plus Appetite Suppression shakes.

Some people’s stomachs may secret more stomach acids than are actually needed to process the intake of a smaller amount of food and that growly and gnawing feeling may just feel like hunger.

If this is the case, you may consider taking Pepcid AC™, Zantac™ or Tagamet™ to manage hunger symptoms that don’t seem to go away.

Most people that use an acid-blocker need it for just a short period of time – a couple of weeks.

Medifast Plus for Women’s Health also contains Super Citrimax.

Would I ever consider adding some kinda OTC appetite suppressant?

Naw! We’re going at this in a HEALTHY and SAFE weigh. Give yourself a few days and have a couple of extra shakes and then if that doesn’t do the trick, you may want to order the Medifast Plus for Appetite Suppression. You’ll be fine.

Now, we wanna know the name and location of the :twisted: :twisted: creep :twisted: :twisted: that has been making disparaging remarks about your hiney. We are going to send :x Guido over there to give him a serious noogie!
Soon you will be a member of the Tiny Hiney Club!!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby sher » January 12th, 2004, 10:37 am

[HI NANCY,
What a great email...thanks so much.....now I know why everyone missed you so, what encouragement you give :stroll: think I am going to find some friends here, so nice have you all, when I am doing this PRIVATELY. :lol: color=red][/color] I am feeling a bit better today, but have decided to go to the doctor, the level of my depression is very bad, early this morning I just cried for no reason, and then went BACK to bed, dang men, hubby says I have the control to fix it...men know SO little about this age, and our hormones....I WANT to be nice again, just don't know how....I DID tell my doctor to help me, so that I would not KILL someone... :x but that was a year ago, and nothing worked, so I wanted something natural and tried Sepia, Dr. Phils wife swears by it...its ok, but does not REALLY do the trick..wow...cannot believe I am dumping here...have not told ANYONE how I feel...I need this group more than you can imagine...wish any of you were here...to HUG....better go now, I am about to have another crying spell....but made an appointment with my Dr. this week, please say a prayer, that she will help me....I also had two deaths at Christmas time, cannot seem to shake that either....talk with you all later.
Sher
sher

You can do it....

Postby Bseaton » January 12th, 2004, 11:19 am

Sher,
You can do this and it does work but you have to get mentally prepared. The first 3 days are the hardest while your body is getting ready for whats in store. I did not want any temptations so i did the full fast going to the doctor before ever starting it. If i had done the modified meal plan than eventually i would be wanting more than 1 meal. If i went and allowed myself to drink the diet drinks it would not be long until i was drinking cokes again. I am on day 12 and honestly you do not get hungry it you drink your shakes and drink your water. I feel so much better and i have not weighed since starting because i am waiting to go to the doctor ant the end of the month. I have noticed that jeans that i have not wore in years i can fit into now. I plan on losing 60 lbs and keep in touch and we can do this together. Just remember this plan will work just work the plan. :D
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby star85 » January 12th, 2004, 5:27 pm

Hey Barry,
I'm glad to see you're still around. I hadn't seen a post from you in a while. Since we both started on the same day, I wanted to ask you a question. Even though the hunger goes away from the ketosis, do you still have the desire to eat certain foods? I've been having the problem of still desiring to experience the taste and texure of foods even though I'm not actually hungry. Of course it's still natural to want to utilize our teeth in chewing, so I have my one bar a day, but the bars don't fill me up like the shakes do. Then my craving to chew is satisfied, but I get hungry to soon afterwards. Is it o.k. to have an extra shake? Anyones input out there would be greatly appreciated. Well keep up the great work Barry and let us all know your first weigh-in weight after you go to your next doctors appt.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » January 12th, 2004, 9:35 pm

YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL.....I am feeling more positive already.....and have not even got my shipment yet...lol...but really, THANK YOU, AND GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE ANSWERED THIS EMAIL, AND MY PRAYERS... :goteam: this IS team work I believe...thought I had to do this alone....but thanks to all of you, I have learned differently.... :hug: hugs to all of you...talk to you all real soon, and with great results...!!!!
Sher
sher

Postby Darla » January 12th, 2004, 10:09 pm

[b]Sher,
I am a Newbie also...
This seems to be a great place for support and to get a lot of info..
I am a diabetic and I have tryed all the diets you named and more.

My husband took a few pictures of me holding my new Granddaughter and I knew I had to do something and fast. I can tell you from looking at those pictures its wasn't pretty. :lol:

Just set goals and make up your mind you can do it..... I know you can do it. :D

Someone told me once to hang (now pictures) all over the kitchen and this will help as a reminder that I can do this. :)

Good Luck... I know you can do it
Darla
Darla
First Post

Postby sher » January 12th, 2004, 10:38 pm

HEY DARLA,
You can do this too....WE can do this, every darn one of us...OOOHHHH the pictures....ICK....scary.....but WHAT AN INSPIRATIION.....YOU ALL have me feeling better in just a day....I now cannot wait to get my shipment...and Darla, any way you want to succeed, you go GIRL... :lol:
For me, it will be my clothes, as I have NOTHING to wear UNTIL I lose...got some clothes with PRICE TAGS on in a smaller size...yep...pretty crazy huh, but we are honest here, no secrets....not for me...I am telling you all how it is....like when hubby wants to you know what...and I am so embarrassed, everythings jiggles :x but its going ...DOWN THE TOILET..hee hee...and remember, 1/4 of a pound loss, is a STICK OF BUTTER....50 pounds if my first goal, that is 200 sticks of butter that will be gone by golf season....GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU, AND KEEP POSTIN HERE...I LOVE YOU ALL....
Sher
sher

Men that don't understand, Depression and thos Crying jags..

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2004, 11:27 pm

Hey, Folks ~

You are all doing great! Good responses to one another - you are helpful and well-meaning. You rock!! :kool:

I want to make a suggestion to Sheri. You are right about some people not understanding the emotional upheaval that can occur during menopause. :sadblue:

When I speak to groups I always mention our wonderful Medifast Plus for Women’s Health. As many of you know, I am in my mid-fifties: a Prime Timer for Menopause Manor. :| Hormonal changes are so difficult to deal with. I remember when I was pregnant with our favorite daughter that I would cry at the drop of a hat. I could watch “I Love Lucy” on television and could cry. Normally I don’t have leaky eyes…the doc said it was because of changing hormone levels and things would eventually even out. He was right! :pet:

Then I reached my late thirties and began to experience hot flashes during the day at work, night sweats, :twisted: intermittent crankiness (Oh, contraire – Terry would totally disagree with the term ‘intermittent,’ I’m sure). Anyhoo, I felt cranky, I knew I was cranky and I had absolutely no control over it. I couldn’t stop the crankies!

I began having headaches, :snooze: couldn’t sleep because I was waking up panting and had a few :pace: anxiety attacks, etc. I had all the symptoms of menopause and when I spoke to my doc about it, he replied, “Oh, you are much too young to be experiencing it.”

:roll: After several office calls, I got a referral and spoke to a gyno. She told me that YES, I DID indeedy doo have the symptoms of menopause, that it was entirely possible for me to be entering that phase of my life and she suggested some herbal remedies which brought some relief.

Eventually I ended up needing treatment for endometriosis and fibroids and had a complete hysterectomy, placed on HRT at the age of 44.

After reading the latest findings regarding HRT and its increased health dangers, I decided to not take HRT any longer but did not want to go “Cold Turkey” for fear of the return of the :oops: hot flashes and :snooze: night sweats! Blech! I did not wanna feel like “Sweaty Betty” and be awakened at night and have to take a quick shower.

I like the idea of the Women's Health drink being a nutritional rather than a pharmaceutical approach to dealing with menopause.

The Women’s Health also contains the natural herbs black Cohosh, Echinacea Purpurea and chaste tree berry which has curtailed my hot flashes. :oops:

On the advice of Nurse Lori Andersen, RN (Her husband is Dr. Wayne Andersen, the Medical Director for Medifast and Take Shape For Life), I started taking Chocolate Medifast Plus for Women’s Health while I was taking 1.25 mg of Premarin.

I started taking two packets of the Women’s Health drink per day for a week and continued to take the Premarin.

The next week I began to gradually cut back on my Premarin – I took them one tab every other day for two weeks and then gradually eliminated the Premarin by taking one every third day, one every fourth day, one every fifth day and then I was off of Premarin.

I notice that I have fewer :oops: night sweats when I take a Women’s Health Drink in the evening and in the morning. I felt the effects by the end of the first week. It really makes a difference for most women right away. Many notice that they are not as :x crabby and also that they have fewer headaches. Some women need to take three drinks a day.

We always suggest that one begin by using two of the specialty drinks to begin with and then you may add one more or drop one as your symptoms respond. Three shakes maximum.

The Women’s Health drinks may be used for :oops: hot flashes and :snooze: night sweats, it can be used as a :bib: healthy snack or meal replacement, for weight maintenance or as part of our weight loss program – you substitute Medifast Plus for Women’s Health for the Medifast 55 drinks.

Our Medifast Plus Women’s Health is terrific because it is a natural way to deal with hormonal issues. I am not a doctor, I do not provide therapy or treatment nor am I saying that the Women's Health drink is the only answer to your depression situation. I DO know, however, that many women have been helped by this product and it may be an alternative for you to try.

It is always a good idea to check with your doctor when experiencing depression that lasts for more than a short time.

My neighbor had severe migraines during menopause. She hasn’t had any migraines since she started on the Women’s Health shake. Like me, she started out with two of the Women’s shakes a day. Now she is able to maintain with just one a day. I use two a day so I don‘t have “personal saunas.” (Hot flashes!)

You may be helped by the regular Medifast 55 shakes, too – there have been many clinical studies that report the benefits of soy in decreasing menopausal symptoms such as irritability, night sweats, :oops: hot flashes and fatigue.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.