Scared of never getting it back...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Scared of never getting it back...

Postby shineface » December 10th, 2004, 5:47 pm

Hi all---

Well I know I'm in good company at least when I sign in and see my old starting-mates Tami & Susan discussing re-starts.

I too am sick of slipping and binging and feeling sad and lonely and depressed and unwell ----I am in such a bad place right now. I don't feel like I can keep doing this - I could of lost my whole body by now if I hadn't taken that first bite and gotten of course so many months ago. I had almost a week clean - and last weekend I began picking and then snacking and now I've been in a full blown binge for a couple of days - this morning I weighed in back up at 247 - I am sick to death of ME!
:x

Reading everything that Tami and Susan said and all of you giving them encouragement helps me too. I will start again and I will try - I must do this for me - God give me the strength.

I came here to vent and I found others had alredy said what's on my mind before I even got here - comforting -kinda took the wind out of my sails. I feel so weary and fat and tired- so tired.

Promise me all that you won't go anywhere - I need every one of you...

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! ---right? :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 10th, 2004, 7:47 pm

Pam,

You have still lost 43 pounds. Do not despair. You can do this. Just keep getting right back on the horse!

I've been on this since Oct. 16th, and yes, I have had several days where I fell off it. There was a vacation to Maryland where I strayed... then I got stressed at work multiple days, and went right back to my old standbys of junk food and booze. And then there was Thanksgiving and a couple dinners out with family that I ate "normally" too, including dessert on a couple of them.

But I have now reached the point where I see that I am only hurting MYSELF by eating off the plan. There are no good feelings that come of pigging out. And of course there is no good body image/love afterwards either.

Last night, I had a shock that normally would have sent me straight into a binge. I found out through an email that this man (my upcoming "first date" I mentioned before) was not really over his ex, and after a very warming build-up of email letters and phone calls for a month, poof, that was it. No date Saturday... that I had prepped and prepped for. After 2 years of no romance in my life at all, I had been seriously craving some human attention and contact, and I was pretty crushed. (Though I did respond with care to him, not hostility. After all, he was honest when he could have led me, absolutely willingly, right down the primrose path to a gigantic emotional mess.)

In hindsight, hours later, I knew that it was actually kind of him to let me know this BEFORE I met him and got more into it. But at first, I reacted by thinking, let's get a pizza, let's drink... but instead, well, I ate a couple MF cracker packets, some V8 juice, and a few tablespoons of olive bruschetta spread. Ok, the olives were a no-no, but I stopped after about 5 minutes, put the lid back on, and went to bed.

While in bed, I thought, I could binge Friday night. And tonight, yes, I was tempted, but I DID NOT GIVE IN. I had my MF chicken salad, a packet of crackers, and water.

How do I feel now? MUCH BETTER than if I had crammed 8 slices of pizza in and drunk a bottle of red wine. Then I'd have felt emotionally -and physically- beaten down.

Pam, you come here ANY TIME you want to vent, and we will listen... and care... and fill those sails of yours back up again. That is what we are here for: support.

Keep on trying. You will have that day where your own "aha!" moment takes you over and bouys you up to get you through this. It can be tough, no joke, but we deserve to get to the end. You are a beautiful, strong-hearted woman and you can DO THIS.

You with me? :hug:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » December 11th, 2004, 7:51 am

Sarah! Wonderfully put and I have to say, I am VERY VERY proud of you for making GOOD decisions yesterday! I'll confess, I thought you needed a visit from Guido on Thanksgiving. Very self-destructive choices you made then but yesterday you did the right thing, and I'm so proud of you! You are learning - learning what the consequences of bad behavior are and learning how to deal with difficult situations another way that does not include scarfing a pizza and a bottle of wine. Today, Sarah, you get the Spidey hug of the day! I am VERY proud of you!

Pam - you've been around longer than I have and you have seen for yourself what bad choices will do to you. Make a commitment to make good choices and spend more time getting support. That's what we're here for. When you need us, we're here for you. When we need support, you're here for us. You have had awesome results in the past. It's time to buckle down and resolve yourself to get back on track. You are the only one who can make that decision, but you've seen enough to know it is the right one. Now throw away those takeout menus and don't watch TV at dinner time. You know it's all just food commercials anyway! Do what you have to do. You aren't buying "fat" or "thin" here. You are buying quality of life and a longer life. When all is said and done, that's what it's all about!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » December 11th, 2004, 10:47 am

Spidey,

Hehehe, thanks for the hug! You're a real sweety. (And a real whip-cracker yourself, as I see on your other recent post! Tough love - work it!)

Yes, I made BAD choices on Thanksgiving. True, true! I deserved a Guido lashing. Not that I deserved this good fortune, but I miraculously only gained a half pound from it, and it came off in a couple of days.

Certainly I recommend STICKING TO THE PLAN rather than tossing it aside on holidays. The really slippery problem is not so much the holiday itself, in my opinion, but what your mind can do to you afterwards... after you eat like you used to.

This is so much a mental battle. God knows my body craves its old diet, but I have (fingers crossed) managed to beat it down into submission for the majority of the time.

When I was thinking about that pizza and wine Thursday night, and Friday night, there was this powerfully loud "NO!" in my head. It was the voice of self-preservation and it drowned out the whispers of temptation.

Am I ever going to see 140 on my scale? Not if I am weak and listen to that awful voice that wants me to give in.

I am losing more steadily and faster on Medifast than on ANY OTHER PLAN I have ever been on. My cholesterol is plummeting. My urges to binge, and worse, drink, are greatly minimized. I am losing fat faster than I did on Weight Watchers.

An interesting thing I noticed: my measurements are smaller on MF than they were on WW at the same weight! At 195 pounds, my waist on MF was 33 inches. On WW, it was 36. What the heck? I can only think that my bodyfat is shrinking in a much more targeted way than when I was on WW. It really seems I am retaining my muscle mass but losing fat.

What other plan could do this on such a low calorie intake? It's AMAZING.

Everyone out there who is having a hard time, this product is a Godsend. I probably sound a little nutty, but really, the body you live in affects so much of your life. I didn't really "get it" as I got fatter and fatter how strong the link is between obesity and depression. But now that I am losing, and feeling this new strength of purpose, it's bright as day. How could I ever go back to where I was?

I WILL NOT. A deep depression in my past ruined my years of hard work on Weight Watchers, and I gained back all those lovely pounds I lost, plus some. I became trapped in a prison of my own making, and I was so deep into it, I thought only food and alcohol could truly comfort me.

Now I know it is possible to step off that dark road and start the challenging climb back to your own wellbeing. Once I attain my goal, and I will, there is no doubt in my mind... I am staying there.

Life holds enough potential for suffering. Why add to it through your own actions?

Strength to everyone struggling, and realize, this is up to you to be brave in your own time of need!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » December 11th, 2004, 10:57 am

Sarah,

Yes, I get a bit of the "Guido Jr." in me sometimes but it's because I think I have the most to gain AND lose here and I know all about the difficulties of making this commitment. I didn't get to be 350 pounds over my ideal body weight by making good choices. I can sometimes be not so tolerant!

You did make excellent choices this week and needed some reinforcement. You were a little shaky at first and I wasn't sure you'd make it, but you have perservered and proven yourself a worthy champion because you have what some do not, the ability to examine your own mind and make the right decision. You should be proud of yourself! I know that WE are proud of you and are so glad you find us worthy of sharing your victory with us here every day.

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby TamiL » December 12th, 2004, 2:14 pm

Pam
I know exactly how you feel...but as in the past...you just gotta pick up and start again....

I SECOND what Gerald and Berkshire Girl had to say....DIDO all of it...

I have a new way of thinking about this:
the new way is this...that I lost track of:

KETOSIS IS BURNING FAT OFF MY BODY...IF I PICK OR NIBBLE OR EAT SOMETHING OFF MY PLAN....MY KETOSIS GOES AWAY AND I AM NO LONGER BURNING FAT...I AM NOW GETTING FATTER IF I PICK OR NIBBLE..THERE IS NO CHEATING THE CHEMISTRY IN MY BODY...WHEN I DO GOOD FOR A WEEK THEN EAT SOMETHING THAT I SHOULDNT...I HAVE WASTED ALL THOSE SHAKES...I HAVE WASTED HARD WORK AND MONEY...AND I HAVE MADE MYSELF MISERABLE ONCE AGAIN!!! I WILL KEEP MY BODY IN A FAT BURNING MODE..AND EVERY DAY WAKE UP WITH A LITTLE LESS FAT ON MY BODY....WHERE DO I WANT TO BE THIS SUMMER? HIBERNATING IN THE HOUSE OR OUT ENJOYING LIFE TO ITS FULLEST?

Pam...I know you want to be like me..and the rest of us..out enjoying life to its fullest....at our goal weights..once and for all...read what I wrote above....instead of thinking about FOOD being Pleasure..think of it as PAIN..because thats what it causes us when we eat off Plan...PAIN and GUILT that wears us down....
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER MY FRIEND...
dont give up....you have a million restarts in you..no matter how long it takes for the LIGHTBULB to come on again and stay on...for the OVERDRIVE TO kick in...IT WILL HAPPEN...just dont give up!!

we are all here for you.....everywhere I go...everytime I have cheated and felt so dissapointed in me....my computer takes me back here..to this forum....never dissapoints me!!
THANK U GUYS...you all ROCK :-P

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room