scared to weigh in

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Nancy » August 20th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Leeann ~

My goodness! What an awesome report!

I'd like to suggest that to try to wean down to 1-2 diet croaks per day. I know this is hard for you - water is better for you than the carbonation - it adds to feelings of hunger and it eventually does a number on your esophagus and stomach lining...

I wanted to make a few comments here - it may relate somewhat to Alisha's post about hunger, too.

While I was on phase 1 (weight loss) I had some weeks where my weight loss slowed down and of course it bugged the puckies outta me! Then I had waves of hunger and when they came it was really hard to tough it out. I just kept telling myself that what I was eating was sufficient for me. I tried to change my focus - go shopping and try new perfumes or have the lady at the beauty counter try a new eye shadow on me, went to the garden shop, read magazines at Barnes and Noble, etc. I distracted myself so I wouldn’t be tempted to eat. Right after a hunger period, I seemed to dump a load like you did, Leeann. I felt like I was rewarded for dealing with the hunger.

If you document your weight, after a while (when you’ve been on the program for several months) you will begin to see your body’s pattern. When a small loss occurs and you have been program-compliant, it can be comforting to know that you’ve been thru it before, you will begin to pick up speed again and it sees to make the process somewhat easier.

Leeann – go to the grocery store at look at five 10 pound bags of flour. Or ten 5 pound bags of flour. That’s how much you’ve lost so far!

Our worth as a person, our success in terms of program-compliance are not measured by the numbers on the scale. It is just one tool used to measure our progress along the way to optimal health. We are aiming at optimal health – not an optimal clothing size. After all, who determined that a size 12 was more valuable than a size 14? Or that weighing 130 means you look prettier than a person who weighs 136? Who decided that losing 50 pounds is not as big a deal as losing 100 pounds? Does it make us less valuable, less worthy, homelier or dumb if we go up two pounds this week compared to someone who loses two pounds this week?

Re: LuzInIt…your weight fluctuation after sweatin’ up is because your muscles require a lot of water and oxygen when you are using them and when muscles are stressed, water runs to the area to bathe ad soothe them and then hangs out in the area for a while before running on out the back door. It’ll come off. When a person who has not exercised begins to do so, their weight may go up initially for a week or two and then it will begin to decline again – drink plenty of water while you are on the tready. Drink a bottle per tready experience.

Leeann, leeann…do not even think about giving up. When you et to goal, you will need to continue to monitor what you eat, you will need to continue to exercise restraint…we are changing our lives or good – not just to reach a particular number for a week…this is for life, Girl!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » August 20th, 2005, 12:29 pm

LEEANN--

GREAT NEWS on the 5.5# loss.. I knew you could do it..and now you know exactly where you stand.. JUST STICK with it no matter if it is up or down cause if it is up it has to come down sooner or later..and if you are compliant then that means you are losing INCHES--YEAH!!!!! have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » August 21st, 2005, 7:19 am

Leeann - that is great news especially after a plateau and small gain...

What a great reward for your effort and being so consistent !! Hooray for you!

:bouncieball:

Postby Marcelle » August 21st, 2005, 7:21 am

The guest was me...
Marcelle

08/07/05 = 187 and 5'7"
08/14/05 = 176.5
08/21/2005 = 175
Mini Goal is to break 175lbs.
Next Goal is to break 165 lbs.
Final Goal is 130 - 135 lbs.
Marcelle
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby LeeannNH » August 21st, 2005, 2:31 pm

hey everyone

i hope yall are all doing well! :mrgreen:

i feel so proud to have stuck with this...it is the first time in my life that i have truly stuck to a new eating plan. i feel a sense of relief that i made it through. i also know that each day will be a new challenge but one down, no tellin how many to go!

the way i made it through this was you guys!!! i couldnt have done it without you all. if anyone else is having a weak/plateau moment-----please try coming here for support. it is here and it truly works. i wanted to succeed for myself and for the group here. the accountability is a strong force....i think it is valuable that this is on the web as well. the sense of community and the sense of annonymity makes it easy to be truthful with myself. i dont feel humiliated coming here and i dont feel judged.

as for diet soda---ive tried cutting back as of yesterday---its tough but i do find that i am a little less hungry (i havent had much hunger with this plan)...ill try what you suggested nancy (1-2 DCs)

mytime: oh my goodness--inspiration! that is a hoot! i am so priviledged to see that word related to my name thank you for saying that ---that is so sweet---i love chinese food----eeek!

marcelle, martha and jan--thank yall for posting. i get so much for your successes and it is so cool to see that yall read my post!!!!

thanks again guys and yall have a great week!
leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » August 22nd, 2005, 1:10 am

leeann ~

your byline
Others have done it before me. I can, too

Others have done it, and you are doing it now!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Come on in.