starting soon, but HELP...I am really scared

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Kimbob » January 17th, 2004, 7:27 pm

sher,

I heard that due to the holiday shut down and the weather, a lot of people's orders were delayed (mine included). I'm glad to know that you received your order and are starting! I'm so excited for you!

I want to tell you a brief story about my medifast health adviser (I use a different Health Advisor for one reason only - she is an old friend from church with five kids and lots of financial troubles. In fact, the only reason I made my first order to was to help her out financially. Little did I know I was "tricking" myself into a wonderful, life-changing experience!):

The only reason I bring up my health advisor is that she suffered from terrible depression prior to starting medifast and was taking antidepressents. She also suffered from liver disease and was on medication for that, as well. Now, on the program, she is completely medication-free (under her doctor's supervision and approval). I just wanted to let you know about her story, give you encouragement and the hope that someday SOON your depression coud very well be under control with this amazing product.

I'm learning that Medifast isn't just about weight management - it's about healthy living.

Welcome to the boards. I'm a newbie, too, and your honesty and excitement are very touching and encouraging. The accountability and support I receive on these forums has really helped me stick with the program. Keep coming back! :)

Kimbob the Disappearing
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby sher » January 18th, 2004, 12:16 am

Kimbob,
That was so sweet, and thanks so much for the support.....I am hoping to NOT have to take antidepressants, and giving this some time before I go that route...THIS forum is awsome, and helpful big time...I will definitely keep posting, thanks so much for your encouragement...cannot wait til
I start on Monday...take care, and keep in touch.
Sher
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Shipping and whatnot

Postby SneezyKitten » January 18th, 2004, 8:59 am

Hi Sher! So glad your order has arrived! 7 days is a bit of a wait, but I can tell you that I live only about 45 minutes from the distribution center and mine took 3 days! If your shipment was travelling elsewhere, it could have been slowed by weather, and the fact that I-95, the major freeway here, was shut down earlier last week. Also, I think (and this is just my guess) that they only process orders at the distribution center Mon-Fri, so if you ordered over a weekend, that could ccount for an extra day or two. Have faith that the product is WORTH waiting a week for!!!!!!!!!! So glad for you that you are finally on your way now!!!!!!!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » January 18th, 2004, 10:18 am

:bricks: wow Nancy, when I feel like I can't go on and drink another shake, you are there to uplift! :guzzle: For now I will keep shakin!
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby sher » January 18th, 2004, 8:39 pm

HELLO YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE,

You all know I had a pretty awful week, depressed, shipment late, then the flu the DAY I got it... :x :x :x WELL...my flu seems better, and tomorrow is THE DAY... :cleader: I am sooo excited...now...some things I just have to say...and CAN since I don't know any of you ;) ;) ;) like
I want to get rid of this bra extender....
I want to bend over and feel ok with it
I want to wear shorts this summer
I want to wear a TANK TOP...WOW...NEVER DID THAT UNLESS IT WAS UNDER SOMETHING
I want to wear some JEANS
I want to TUCK in a shirt
I want my wedding ring to fit again
I want ENERGY
I want to be able to look in the mirror, and NOT look 9 months pregnant :x this one really stinks :(
I WILL BUY ALL NEW CLOTHES AND BURN MY FAT CLOTHES, at least some of them, I will give the rest to the needy
I WILL NEVER EVER WEAR THIS SIZE AGAIN, WILL TELL YOU THE SIZE AT A LATER DATE
I WILL LIKE ME AGAIN...HAVE NOT LIKED ME FOR A VERY LONG TIME
AND I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU PEOPLE HERE, HELPED ME TO SUCCEED, CAUSE I WILL TELL YOU, I KNOW RIGHT NOW, THAT I CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT YOU :D :D :D
I PROMISE MYSELF, TO have some control....looking good feels better than food tasts...I MUST remember that...YO...to you and that popcorn dilema...that stinks, but OOOHHHH it smells SOOO good...now remember, you CAN have some when you are at goal hon, really...I must remember too....that we CAN eat again, but just must learn HOW...God bless you all...

Sher :| :|
sher

Postby Maggie » January 18th, 2004, 8:57 pm

Sherri...............You can do it. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be lurking on the forum from time to time so if you have a problem just yell. I had no idea that I would be able to stay on this program as long as I have and lose as much as I have. (39lbs. as of todays weigh-in.) The first week seems long but then they just seem to fly by. So just drink your shakes. Stay busy. Keep your mind occupied. Don't think about food. Keep that list of reasons handy. In fact make several copies of it and scatter them about your house. My list has 61 reasons so far and I think of new ones every day. We are all in this together. Maggie :toast:
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby sher » January 18th, 2004, 9:09 pm

You are a sweetie Maggie...I KNOW I have more reasons...61...wow...I will be adding to mine too...and thanks for helping me...you are a DEAR..

hugs to all
Sher
:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
sher

Postby Indigo » January 18th, 2004, 11:31 pm

one of mine is to actually walk into Victoria's Secret, look like I BELONG in the store (you know how those sales 'girls' look at large women!!) and just ONCE buy something really nice for myself :) That FITS. :D

Laurie
Laurie
2/14/04~ :heart:
247/222.4/150, ~modifasting~
Indigo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » January 19th, 2004, 6:37 am

Hi all, by the way, how do I get colored text...won't let me do it...
OKAY...weighed in and STARTED this morning...wahoo...that silly shake DID fill me up...I LIKE that...and NO lumps...AMEN...lol :lol: :lol: just a quick note to say hi, and yes, I posted my weight...will get a pic when I feel a little stronger... :roll: :roll: have a great week everyone, have not decided when I will weigh in, don't want to get discouraged...
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher

Postby swedish » January 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm

Hi all-
To all you "oldies" from a "newbie", thanks so much for the great info, advice and suport I've received just in reading the posts! We are all in this together and all have the goal of attaing or regaining health! I'm in my 19th day and feel strongly motivated to keep going. I, too, can only look at a day at a time since I have so much to lose. The appetite suppressant shakes really do make a difference, but if you still have cravings, take a nap if you can. Sometimes that's the only thing you can do. Thanks!
swedish
P.S. I'm new to posting and I'm wondering how you add the little emotion faces to the body of so many of your letters. Can someone help me?
swedish

Postby Indigo » January 20th, 2004, 5:44 pm

emoticons-
When you hit the 'post a reply' button, there's a window that pops up. To the left side is a whole bank of little emoticons (thanks Unca! :) ) you just type, click on the emoticon you want and it will insert itself in typewritten form into your email.
After you 'submit' it, you'll actually see the little smiley face in your note.
Laurie
Indigo

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2004, 7:36 am

Laurie ~

Thanks for helping it with the "How to do it" emoticon info. ;)

I just wanted to let you know that Victoria's Secret is having a dynamic sale - go get something NOW :oops: to keep in Laurie's Closet as your incentive to keep on keepin' on.

When you are tempted to enter the Forbidden Zone of the cupboard, freezer or refer, go to your closet and be reminded of WHY you're doing this! 8)

You have done it, you ARE doing it, you WILL continue to do it the right way this time and you are on your way to a brand new YOU! :rose:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Did someone say Victoria's Secret?

Postby explorthis » January 21st, 2004, 8:12 am

Nancy wrote:I just wanted to let you know that Victoria's Secret is having a dynamic sale - go get something NOW as your incentive to keep on keepin' on.

All I want to know, is in Tim's Studio, will we be able to see these Victoria's Secret pictures after all that weight loss?

As my 2-1/2 year old says" ooooooo-la-la, Da-Da

Ok, I admit I am a PIG!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Indigo » January 21st, 2004, 8:25 am

ooohhhhhh. What a nice idea!!! Not piglet's idea (In your dreams, buddy! ;) ), the SHOPPING idea :) I'll bet they have a LOT of nice things with Valentine's Day coming!!

CHarrrrrrggggee! (she whips out her handy dandy visa)
Laurie
Indigo

Postby Jeanette » January 21st, 2004, 8:42 am

That IS a great idea! I would love to walk into Vicky's and pick out something inspiring.....maybe in RED....;)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.