Starting Friday... Scared & Excited!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Starting Friday... Scared & Excited!

Postby Whodini64 » March 21st, 2004, 10:48 am

Hello Everyone!

I found this board about 2 months ago, and have been lurking... getting to know many of you while remaining "invisible" myself. :oops:

Story of my life, but not anymore! :lol: Even though just registering to post, and actually sitting here typing this... is making my heart race with fear!

I am excited to get to know you all even more, both in the beginning "Newbie" stage, as well as later, when maybe I will have something supportive to give back to other new Medifasters.

I wanted to start when I first found out about Medifast, but my wedding was fast approaching, and the dress had already been made to fit the current "me". Besides, the 2 week honeymoon cruising the Caribbean... and all the food that comes with it... I was afraid to "fail" when just starting!

Now I am back, and there is nothing in my way. All excuses have been eliminated. My new Hubby is very supportive, and will help with cooking, etc. for our family. Together we have 5 kids, but only 3 at home. I have a child care business in my home, and think this will be my biggest challenge. I have to feed them all Breakfast, a snack, lunch, and another snack!!! I have made a menu for the 1st 2 weeks for the kids, hoping that if I don't have to "think" about what to fix them... it won't be so tempting to make something really yummy... therefore tempting me!

I am afraid of failure. I am afraid of making excuses of why this diet "didn't work" for me... when it really would be that I didn't work. I want to start, and get past the 1st 3-4 days, the 1st month and see results, and feel better... and I want it all now! (Typical, huh???) I have about 50 lbs. to loose... but I want to be successful also for my mom. She has very high blood pressure, needs to loose about 150 lbs, and "starts" atkins dieting every other day. Meanwhile, she keeps getting bigger. In the 70's she did some "Liquid Protein" diet, where she bought 1 gallon sized bottles of some yucky tasting stuff... lost alot of weight- fast- but fainted in an elevator at work and had to be in the hospital for 2 days... she was dehydrated... drank almost NO water while on that plan. So when I told her about Medifast, she wouldn't even discuss the difference between it and the diet she did 30 years ago. I want to be successful with Medifast... for her as well as for myself. She needs something that is healthy and will work fast. I want her to be around for a long time...

Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on... Sorry! :? Thank you for listening.

I hope to learn more and be able to eventually contribute to this board... it is the best!!!

Danee
Whodini64

Postby TamiL » March 21st, 2004, 1:35 pm

Danee
Welcome to the forum!! I too lurked around a while before finally posting and ordering my supplements! but one day I just DID IT...took the plunge and ordered a months starter kit...and sat like a little puppy dog in the window waiting for fed-ex to deliver my Medifast!!

now...going on 7 weeks later..and 25 pounds lighter..it was the best decision I ever made!! I too..started out wanting to loose 50 pounds...now thats HALF gone..and Ive got 25 more to go!! People are noticing my loss...my clothes are hanging off of me...and it feels great! I still have a ways to go...but IM looking forward to the journey...
this forum is what keeps me going!! its like your own support group!! I dont know if I could do this program without this forum!!

welcome...order your medifast products and just know we are all here to support you!!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 21st, 2004, 9:09 pm

Welcome Danee! I wish you lots of success on your journey to a healthier you!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby shineface » March 22nd, 2004, 11:10 am

Hi Danee ---

Don't worry, we are a little society of "lurkers" --- comes from being disappointed so many times on so many programs that I was afraid to jump into the middle of another impending failure!!!!

NOT THE CASE!!! MF is wonderful and I am right on board with Tami --- this forum is a lifesaver --- everytime one of us stops lurking and orders and comes in there is another life being rejuvenated and another Fat person chosing life --- that's what I have finally done and without this forum and all of the wonderful people that give care and support here I know I wouldn't be doing as well as I am!!!! I can't seem to say that enough!!!!

Work your plan, ask questions, find your comfort zone and just do it -- I promise it works-- I am living, breathing proof of re-birth!!!! I really had given up on ever losing weight again and now I am and I know that I will never have to do it again!!!! DRINK YOUR WATER - you have heard first hand the dangers (your Mom) of not keeping your water intake at a high level ----- making your plans to accommodate your work is another great step in taking care of you --- and come here often and just talk or get it off your chest or whatever --- from day one you do have something to offer this forum and all of us here -- the gift of yourself... your unique perspective, thinking, OPINIONS, fears and dreams!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » March 22nd, 2004, 12:20 pm

Wecome to the group, Danni. You've stumbled into the best place to be.

Keep in touch!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Whodini64 » March 23rd, 2004, 11:54 am

Thank you, Tami... Thank you, Jeanette... Thank you, Pam... Thank you Ladylue!!! Thank you all for such a wonderful "Welcome". Already, I feel like I can become "one of the gang"!!! You all have such a great way of expressing yourselves on this board... I just might learn a thing-or-2 about "writing style". 8)

Tami - Seeing you 1/2 way to your (my) goal in such a short time really is exciting for me. It means I can do it too! If I were to follow in your footsteps, I will be at 160# around mid-May... Woo-Hoo!!!! I look forward to your posts... they are full of "Positiv-ity"!!! Keep them coming! :thumbup:

Jeanette - I would love to know more about "Curves". A new one opened up just a few miles from my house. I am excited about finding muscle under my fat... but am a little concerned about "keeping" what I have while loosing the weight, and wanting to tone too. Do you use the Medifast 55 or 70 shakes? Should I use the 70's for the extra protein when I start exercising? I am hypoglycemic and afraid of getting lightheaded and shaky (which has in the past sent me to the fridge for a quick protein fix). :eat:

Pam - Thank you for your post. I think the fear of what Mom went thru will definately be a big motivator NOT to forget the H2O... my start date is 3 days away... I am already drinking rivers of water to get myself used to it. Good thing I work at home... can "go" anytime w/o asking for a "potty" break! LOL!! I watched Oprah one day when Wynonna Judd was talking about her weight problem. She was talking about how she "forgot to put herself on her list"... I can SO relate to that!!! I am a "list" person. I will write, and re-write them for just about everything... except that I too, for get to put me on them! I am now trying to change that. If I make myself and my own health and happiness a priority... I will ultimately have more to give back to my family, my day care kids, and everything else. :hug:

Ladylue - You are SO right... this IS the best place to be!!! I have searched the internet... read everything I could find... (I am an "info-maniac") and THIS IS IT!!! I am so thankful to Nancy, Terry, and Unca Tim for this "gathering Place". It is "open" 24-7, and FULL of support, understanding, encouragement, and "AWESOME LOOOOOSERS"! I wanna be one too! :D

With a team like this... how can I fail??? :cleader:

Danee
Whodini64

Postby Carrie » March 24th, 2004, 8:55 am

Hi Danee :wave:

Welcome and good luck Friday. Focus on getting through those first few rough days. You'll find a lot of support here, we're all going through pretty much the same thing. Keep your mind on your goal, and remind yourself that it is more important than a moments pleasure of eating.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Whodini64 » March 24th, 2004, 9:40 am

Hi Carrie!!!

Thanks for the welcome! As for my goals... I just got a "Newport-News" catalog in the mail, and cut out pictures of all the cute summer clothes I WILL be able to fit into (and look good in - LOL!) and put them on the front of my fridge and on my cupboard doors!!! Hopefully they will be a constant reminder of what I am doing this for! :grin:

Danee
Whodini64

Postby Jeanette » March 24th, 2004, 10:41 am

Danee: It wouldn't hurt you to use the Medifast 70s. I would wait until you have been on the program for at least two weeks, if not more.

Go here for information on Curves: www.curvesinternational.com

Best of luck!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nite Izes » March 24th, 2004, 11:37 am

To me, I do not think in terms of failure, but in terms of accomplishments.

There will be times, you hit a plateau meaning you will not lose any weight for that time frame, but that is ok. Just think of it as a plateau instead of it as a failure. Try to keep a positive attidute about it and don't stop.

I myself am 165 lbs overweight and there will be times that I will hit plateaus, but that will not let me stop from getting to my goals.

Eve
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes