Serendipity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby caligirl » July 28th, 2006, 12:18 pm

What a cutie he is!!!
And great job on the quilt. I admire your dedication!!!
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right... Henry Ford

caligirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » July 29th, 2006, 7:07 am

DntCryLilEmoGrl wrote:hehe aww, it really seems like being a grandparent is even better than when you are a parent. one day...lol i love that he asked you how u made urself little :D

Jen, Being a grandparent is all the love and none of the responsibility, so yes, it's much much better!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 29th, 2006, 7:43 am

Wow!!! What a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!! You did a great job!! I wish I had the patience to do something like that. I have made quilts but nothing as elaborate is yours!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Serendipity » August 4th, 2006, 8:43 am

Well, it's back to the old grind. I just had a great weekend with my friends.....time goes too fast sometimes.

My sister in law is visiting. She hasn't seen me since Christmas, so she got all bug eyed :whattha: when she saw me. She wanted to know all about the program and I told her and then she said she couldn't do that. Later, she commented on how hard it would be to do what I've done. I told her the hardest part is the deciding and that I can't really say that it's been hard. Granted, the deciding took 15 years to complete, lol, but the actual weight loss phase has been a breeze for me. She wanted to know what led to my decision. I listed several things....it just seems so simple when I know it's terribly complicated how our minds work. I just had to tell her there isn't an on off switch in there, but that seems to be what happened. I hope she finds that allusive switch.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » August 4th, 2006, 10:47 am

So I went to the dentist the other day. Of course the receptionist hadn't seen me for 6 months. She is quite heavy. Well, she didn't recognize me. She asked me for my name! I have been going to this dentist all of my adult life, so she knows me and we chat about our kids, etc. After she recovered when I told her who I was, she couldn't acknowledge my weight loss. She said "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. Did you change your hairdo?" I said, "Yeah, that must be it." LOL
jo
Serendipity

Postby Arklahoma » August 6th, 2006, 7:07 pm

Jo ~ You are waay tooo modest. I would have definitely said, "hey, I lost 100 lbs!!!"
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » August 7th, 2006, 7:04 am

Serendipity wrote:
DntCryLilEmoGrl wrote:hehe aww, it really seems like being a grandparent is even better than when you are a parent. one day...lol i love that he asked you how u made urself little

Jen, Being a grandparent is all the love and none of the responsibility, so yes, it's much much better!

JO,
You inspire this whole board!
And your dentist, doctor, lawyer,merchant, chief...
and anyone else you happen to meet!

Yep, about the grandkids. (We have 11 of 'em)
HB and I have often jested that if we could just skip the middle part and go straight to the grandkids,
how wonderful that would be!

We are blessed to have each other!

BTW: Please take note that I am now solidly in the 130's! (At 138.9#) WhooHoo!

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Serendipity » August 11th, 2006, 6:45 am

Noticed the other day while walking down the street with my man:

My shadow is much smaller than his! Waaahoooooo!!! I used to cringe when I saw our shadows and mine was huge and his was normal.

Watch out our you'll miss those little NSV's.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Sojourner » August 11th, 2006, 8:47 am

Small shadows ROCK!

That's a great NSV, Jo. I noticed the other day that I did not totally avoid looking at myself in the reflection of the store door, as I normally do. Those things are like circus mirrors (well, that's what I used to tell myself, when I was fat and didn't know it)!!

You're right, the little NSVs are as great as the big ones. Congrats on your smaller shadow!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » August 12th, 2006, 9:02 am

Well, I posted earlier, at least I thought I did.....maybe I didn't hit that dang submit button, grrrrr.

Anyway, my post was about journalling my food intake. I need to and I can't seem to conjure up the discipline to. I know in my heart that I need to do this so that my habit will be well formed for maintenance. How else will I know when I screw up or, when it's working, how I did it right? I simply must start.

I guess we all have our struggles and this is mine right now. Wonder what the next one will be.....

Ok, Jo, today is the day......Saturday, August 12, 2006. Food journal starts. (not here, though. I don't wanna bore y'all. I will however, post my progress)
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » August 16th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Food journal update: I've stuck to it for 5 days already! wahoo! yea me.

My husband told me the other day that he thinks I've lost enough. UGH! He did the same thing last time. Last time he pulled an all out campaign to get me to stop. That time I weighed 140. Still had another 10 to lose. I held out, but there was much pressure.

When he brought it up this time, I was ready for him. I said "oh, please don't start that.....I still have 25 pounds to lose and I don't want you to pressure me to stop" He told me I was already smaller than most of my friends and he likes the way I look now, blah blah blah. I thanked him for the compliment, but said that according to every chart I've been able to find, and according to the scale, I am still overweight. I haven't worked this hard for this long to stop now. He is right about one thing. I am smaller than most of my friends. But I can't help that. I can't do anything about anything except what I do about me. I promised him that I wouldn't obsess about numbers and that I would keep in mind that there is a range of healthy weight for me.

I think I held him off. Why does he do this to me?
jo
Serendipity

Postby alpha femme » August 16th, 2006, 5:19 pm

hey! if i get bigger friends, that means i'm done, too!

keep going until you are satisfied with you. i'm sure he just feels like he's being supportive-- and it's a big change for him, too.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » August 19th, 2006, 6:02 am

Food journal update: Still journaling my food daily. It's not as bad as I make it out to be......just think, jo, a few more days and it will be a habit!

Well, we're going to a preseason Steeler game tonight. I have to go early so that I can buy a new jersey. Had to give the old one to hubby. I should take my picture in it......it's so huge!

Hubby is being himself today, grrr. Over coffee this morning I had a whole conversation about when I'd like to leave and what I want to do while in Pittsburgh. 10 minutes later he says.....so when do you want to go? I got a bit frustrated with him and it made me even more frustrated when our dog climed up on his lap to console him! I told her that I was the one who needed consoling, dangit! At any rate, she certainly knows how to diffuse a situation, lol.

I'm not gonna even try to find a L&G at the stadium. It's gonna be a 6-0 day for me. Much easier than fighting the crouds and I can't even think of a place that would have veggies other then FF's.

I always love going to games. The Steeler Fan is a different breed, lol. For a few hours, we get to act like there's nothing more important in this world than the next first down.....it's nice to have something totally different to stress on, lol. :mrgreen:
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » August 19th, 2006, 9:56 am

It's raining! :cry: :x :cry::x :cry: :x :cry: :x

I was so looking forward to a sunny game.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Aerie » August 19th, 2006, 10:51 am

RE hubby's sabotage: He's probably worried you'll just disappear one day :lol: Keep on girl you're getting so close!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal