Serendipity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » July 12th, 2006, 7:32 pm

So today, I was at the office, sitting at the secretary's desk doing the deposit because OUR SECRETARY QUIT!!!!! :x :x :x Anyway, hubby came out of his office and started chuckling. I turned around and asked him what was up. He said "I didn't recognize you from behind." I said "I'll bet you thought...."who's that beautiful woman sitting there?"" We had a nice chuckle, lol.

Guess you could call that an NSV.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 13th, 2006, 9:32 am

Of course that's what he was thinking. You're a total HOTTIE!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Serendipity » July 19th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Well, call it serendipity, but my husband and I managed to have a great vacation on a ship that has had nothing but bad luck ever since! The cruise after ours was held up for over 12 hours due to incorrect fueling.....it was still in the harbour at 3:00am. Then this morning I turned on the news and there was my ship! This was it's 4th trip out. It's the ship that shifted or leaned or something and had all of the swimming pools (6 of em) empty out and flood the decks, people injured, glass everywhere, pandemonium.....it's hard to imagine just how much damage there had to be. Yikes!

In other news: It's been a hard week here. No, the MF is going great, it's not that. But my husband is having a particularly stressful week and I always have a hard time separating his stress from mine. Hoping tomorrow will be better. If he gets a few projects finished that have been hanging over his head, I do believe things will be better......PLEASE!!!!!!

And on a more pleasant note: The peanut butter bars have been reformulated......they are so peanutbuttery now! yum yummy!
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » July 20th, 2006, 10:18 am

The Tour de France isn't going the way I had hoped, but I'm so hooked on it. We Tivo it so that we can FF through the commercials, but it still takes 3 hours to watch the longer legs of the race. I'm falling behind on all of the reality shows, lol, it's really messing me up!

Well, the sun is out and I had a very productive morning, so I'm outa here to catch some rays!
jo
Serendipity

Postby Prancer » July 20th, 2006, 11:33 am

Jo I thought I was the only one who adopted their spouse's stress. I hope for both of you things ease up.

I dont know if I had old or new pb bars cause I have only had them one time. They were good though.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nova » July 20th, 2006, 11:53 am

Serendipity wrote:The Tour de France isn't going the way I had hoped, but I'm so hooked on it. We Tivo it so that we can FF through the commercials, but it still takes 3 hours to watch the longer legs of the race. I'm falling behind on all of the reality shows, lol, it's really messing me up!
!

I feel your pain. :) I DVR both the morning live show, and the evening show, just in case. I don't really have time to sit down and watch the morning show though, because they're so long. It's very nice to be able to speed through all the commercial though. I really haven't been doing much else the last 2.5 weeks though. Work, come home, eat dinner, watch the Tour. Been playing the web games?
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Serendipity » July 27th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Haven't writtin in awhile. I come on to the forum thinking I'll post and then get ingrossed in reading and before I know it, no time to post. So tonight, I"m posting first, reading second.

I took a little "me" trip to the city yesterday.....haircut/color/highlights, pedicure/nails, shopping. J. Jill and I had a meeting of the minds. Thought I'd try on some blue jeans. Oh yeah, I'm now officially a size 12! Oh and did I mention, every "medium" I tried fit me?!?!?!?

My grandson is visiting for a few days. (I've posted before that he hasn't said a word to me about the changes in my looks....He's 4 years old). Well, we were having a quiet time after dinner tonight. Just sitting there talking about stuff and looking at some pictures. All of a sudden he said "Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?" He melts my heart.

All in all, I'm having really good NSV's almost daily. I'm sure this won't go on forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. :D
jo
Serendipity

Postby ChiNut » July 27th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Serendipity wrote: "Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?"

That is the nicest thing I have ever heard. Hope you gave him a big hug for that one. Out of the mouths of babes. :mrgreen:
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » July 27th, 2006, 9:21 pm

OK, that's adorable. What did you tell him?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » July 27th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Serendipity wrote:I took a little "me" trip to the city yesterday.....haircut/color/highlights, pedicure/nails, shopping. J. Jill and I had a meeting of the minds. Thought I'd try on some blue jeans. Oh yeah, I'm now officially a size 12! Oh and did I mention, every "medium" I tried fit me?!?!?!?
My grandson is visiting for a few days. (I've posted before that he hasn't said a word to me about the changes in my looks....He's 4 years old). Well, we were having a quiet time after dinner tonight. Just sitting there talking about stuff and looking at some pictures. All of a sudden he said "Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?" He melts my heart.
All in all, I'm having really good NSV's almost daily. I'm sure this won't go on forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. :D

JO,
I am so thrilled and excited for you. I can imagine how lovely you looked in your new hair do and the other "me" things.
Not to mention you in your new size 12 jeans and medium tops!

Your grandson's sweet question had to mean more to you than all the other NSV's combined.
You deserve all the NSV's that are coming your way!
:heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby smartipantz » July 28th, 2006, 6:58 am

Ohhhh your grandson better have been given a HUGE hug after that! Congrats on your new "do". Doesn't it make you feel like a princess :)
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz

Postby Serendipity » July 28th, 2006, 10:53 am

Well, he's 4, so he didn't need a long explanation. I just said "Grandma decided to get smaller because I was uncomfortable being big and I didn't have enough room on my lap to hold him right." Then I explained to him that I stopped eating sweet things and started eating lots of vegetables.

He gets so many hugs from me that he cringes when he sees me.....not really, but almost.

He says the cutest things, too. Last night, we called mommy and daddy to say goodnight and he said to his mom "Mommy, I just need to see you right now." He's having a great time with gramma and grandpa, but there's nothing like mom at bedtime.
jo
Serendipity

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » July 28th, 2006, 11:40 am

hehe aww, it really seems like being a grandparent is even better than when you are a parent. one day...lol i love that he asked you how u made urself little :D
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl

Postby Serendipity » July 28th, 2006, 11:46 am

Here's a picture of Jake.
jo
Serendipity

Postby Serendipity » July 28th, 2006, 11:49 am

And here's a quilt I made from a picture of Jake when he was a baby. It's made from 1" squares and took a whole summer to finish. If you squint when you look at it, it's like looking at a black and white photo, but it's multicolored.

jo
Serendipity

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal