I really need some help and encouragement

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby THINKTHIN » April 30th, 2007, 1:26 pm

C'mmon, girl! We are all in it to win it this time around!!!!!

Remember that feeling that you had when you were doing so well on plan? YOU are going to get there again!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :mrgreen:
THINKTHIN
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby pinkbugs471 » April 30th, 2007, 2:06 pm

welcome back.! The past is just that, the past. What is important is that you are here because you know that this program works. We are all here for you. :hug:
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mickeyz » April 30th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Hi Lisa,

I wasn't around last year when you were here so I don't know you, but like most everyone else I have had my ups and downs. I lost weight 3 years ago on MF and put part of it back on. Over the last year I kept saying I was going to do MF again because like you, I KNEW it worked. I KNEW it was a plan I could follow and be successful with. I had a couple false starts but one day I just knew there could be NO MORE EXCUSES. I was sick to death of BP medication and not being able to wear my clothes and feeling down about myself. I wanted to wake up happy and proud of myself. I have only been back 2 weeks and I have lost 10 lbs, but more importantly, even though I still have quite a ways to go, I feel good about myself. I feel good about getting back on plan. I feel good about being back in control. I feel good that I WILL fit back into my clothes. I love the saying about whats more important, what you can eat or what you can wear! Just go look at all those great size 16 clothes. :)

You have gotten some excellent advice and support from people here.

Keep remembering your experience from last time. The first few days are the toughest, but YOU CAN DO IT! And it will be ever so worth it.

My heart goes out to you. Hang in there girl!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz

Postby Jan » April 30th, 2007, 8:58 pm

Hi There Lisa,
I am sooo happy to see you posting here and sharing with everyone your current reality. That's the first step ...taking a good look at where you are right now. It's kind of like an alcoholic stating that they are an alcoholic. No more denial. You've done that now.... Next step... determine where you want to be ... you'll make it. It took a lot of strength to post here and share your struggle with everyone. None of us likes to admit we're having trouble. It just shows that you're a "real person". Very few of us go thru life without a few "setbacks". Right now Lisa take it day by day... sometimes we take it "hour by hour". You know that you can do it... you've done it before. Its still a matter of determination and compliance. Make it thru the first day and then the second .... you'll be back in "the swing" before you know it. I'll be watching for you and cheering when the pounds start coming right off.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby queenielou » April 30th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Hi Lisa,

The outpouring of support from these wonderful people has been really uplifting to me and I hope it is for you, too. This is the time for you. You are going to make it!

I hope you fall right back into the saddle and remember how it was the first time around.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby getting2goal » May 1st, 2007, 8:15 am

I just wanted to thank everyone for all those wonderful and encourageing words. I know that with all of you guys around me for support I can and will do this!

Pashta~Your suggestion was wonderful and I just wanted to let you know that I am going to do exactly what you said!

Lisa
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » May 1st, 2007, 8:25 am

:cheerleader: Go Princess Pee-A-Lot!! :cheerleader:

:lol:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 2nd, 2007, 1:33 pm

Lisa,
Honey, I KNOW what the slide feels like, I did it! I KNOW how horrible it feels to not be able to fit into the cute new clothes, I KNOW what you're going through! I had a downward slide of over 30lbs before I caught myself and have slipped a few times since then, but I KNOW MF works and I KNOW I can beat that stupid little voice in my head! I KNOW you can too! You don't understand what a support and inspiration you've ALWAYS been to me and I will walk with you gladly as WE get back to health and vitality! I want you HEALTHY!

Jo is right...this is about 3 hours...3 hours at a time, we can do that! Come here, talk to us, do some work around the house, we can keep ourselves occupied for 3 hours!

I spent a lot of time with the lifestyles book asking myself "why this time?" Why can't I defy the cravings this time? I finally realized this time wasn't any different, I'd just taken my eye off the prize (in my case the prize is size 8 jeans and NOT to go on Cholestoral medication).

THe only thing I can offer you is...USE This forum! You have been such a rock, a support and an inspiration to so many of us...let us have our turn. Let us help you get through this! I hid when I slid and I regret it, don't follow my mistake! Be here! We'll help!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » May 3rd, 2007, 8:21 am

Lisa - it's so good to hear your "voice" again! It was sorely missed, and we are all thrilled to have you back on board.

Dig deep into the depths of your soul, the place that found inspiration the first time around, the place that was triggered and clicked not too long ago, the place that said "THIS IS THE TIME." Somehow you misplaced that little nugget of brilliance, but it is ready to be called upon again, just dig deep and find it and let it grow again. You were like a locomotive last time, nothing was getting in your way, and it's time to go there again. Anything less is not acceptable, Lisa, you hear me?

My very first diet was Weight Watchers when I was like 11, and I did great. I was in the "zone," I remember not even having cake at my 12th birthday, and feeling totally okay about it! I lost 25 pounds, was skinny, and was so happy. But I stopped following the plan and eventually gained it back over time. Then I kept trying to fall back on WW, but never with the same energy or stamina or enthusiasm. Sort of with resignation, like "well, I guess I'll try this again..." And I cheated, and I made excuses, I would wear lighter clothes each week before weigh in, or starve myself the day before, whatever. It seemed that the fire in my soul to succeed from the first time around was no longer there. So my plea to you is that you find the fire. Do whatever you have to do to bring you back to the same mental zone that you were in when you began this the first time. When you were full of hope and possibility and not regret or shame or disappointment. Bring back the optimism and excitement and enthusiasm, and make it stick!!!

You can do this, just get the fire in the belly, and kick some ass!!!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Amber » May 3rd, 2007, 12:33 pm

How you doin', Lisa? :hug:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 3rd, 2007, 3:41 pm

:wave: Hi, Lisa ~

Just wanted to :boing: pop in here and wish you well.

There are no magic wands to wave to get us through the first few weeks of weight loss. Making lifestyle changes is not impossible; it does take :lightsword: effort and persistence. :poke:

I think it is helpful to eat every two hours the first week or so and to use shakes for as many of the meal replacements as possible. Shakes made in the blender seem to give a person a sense of fullness, keep the blood sugar regulated and hunger go away, especially in the beginning when we are most vulnerable. Enlist the help and support of your family – ask your husband or kids to prepare as many of their own meals as possible and ask them to clean up the kitchen so your contact with food is limited initially, until you feel more in control.

No one here thinks less of you; there’s no reason for you to be cruel to yourself.

End the self-criticism, skanky self-thoughts and fill your mind with things that are true, excellent, lovely and noble.

Make a ‘lovely list’ of things that make you feel lovely about yourself and others.

:puter: List the reasons why you want to change your current situation and what needs to be done to reach your goals.

Re-dos are possible. :yes:

Make sure you are ready to do it and then do the :toast: doin’.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 3rd, 2007, 3:47 pm

Nancy wrote:: Enlist the help and support of your family – ask your husband or kids to prepare as many of their own meals as possible and ask them to clean up the kitchen so your contact with food is limited initially, until you feel more in control.

This really helped me. I love to cook and couldn't imagine cooking without tasting along the way.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 4th, 2007, 1:46 pm

Just checking in on you Lisa, is there anything I can do to help you get going? I'm here. You have no idea how much you did for me...I want you healthy and happy so much!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » May 5th, 2007, 9:25 pm

LISA,
I am so happy that you are coming back home to us.
I'll never forget in my early M/F days how much you helped and inspired me to keep going.
I eagerly read every one of your posts and loved your optimism and support.
We need that again from you.
Thank you again, LISA, for what you have done for us.
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Serendipity » May 6th, 2007, 3:14 am

Lizabette wrote:We need that again from you.

If you can't do that, don't worry, you can be one of the helped!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Come on in.