Need Encouragement

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need Encouragement

Postby MusicalMomma » May 2nd, 2006, 5:32 am

I know I should JUST have my hubby HIDE my scale!!! I am up 3, count them, 3 pounds since roll call!!!!!!!! Not cheating, drinking water galore, I'm sure it's water retention and I am officially switching to SHAKES ONLY for a few days...but WOW am I feeling low about this!!!! I'm thinking that my goal of 70 off by Memorial day isn't going to happen :(
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lisa in NY » May 2nd, 2006, 5:40 am

Musical Mama,

Don't fret and most important, DON'T DWELL ON THIS!

This happens to me ALL the time! We are slaves to the scale and I know I always will be unfortunately. But if there's one thing I've learned with Medifast, it's that the weight WILL come off, no question about it !

I have never tried just doing shakes for a few days - but I do sometimes do what Bonnie suggested to me once -

If you normally do the 5&1, do the complete program for 2 days out of the week, or vice versa. It works for me.

Don't worry - keep doing what you're doing!!!! The weight will come off!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 2nd, 2006, 5:46 am

Lisa in NY wrote:I have never tried just doing shakes for a few days - but I do sometimes do what Bonnie suggested to me once -

If you normally do the 5&1, do the complete program for 2 days out of the week, or vice versa. It works for me.

Thanks Lisa!!! I'm going to do that!!!! :hug:
MusicalMomma

Joyce, JOyce!!!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 2nd, 2006, 5:51 am

(((HUGS))) Girl...listen you know your being compliant...and that water retention is hell on the morale. But, that is ALL it is. Try not to get discouraged woman!!! Sometimes when I slow down with loss I will have something "lighter" for my lean and green like 2 boiled eggs with a salad. Then I will do a FF day just to shake things up..it usually works for me.

Don't worry be happy Joyce and just keep plugging away! Your goal is attainable! You can do it!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 2nd, 2006, 6:03 am

Joyce~

You know you are doing this right. I know it is only words but hang in there and that water weight will be gone. Your goal IS attainable just have faith.

Maybe your body thinks you are REALLY feeding it fudgsicles when you have those frozen RTD's

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mom23 » May 2nd, 2006, 7:13 am

:hug: Oh Joyce, please don't be discouraged! You know you are being compliant -- I have heard it said that we can weigh ourselves every hour and weigh differently a lot of those hours we step on that :x blasted scale.

Last week, I was up :redhead: two pounds one morning. Hubby had hidden the scale, but I found it when I was hanging up some of his freshly ironed shirts :twisted: . I, too, got depressed and then decided that I could not do anything more than what I was already doing. I got my daughter to hide the scale (again). I had her bring it to me on Sunday for Roll Call and "wha-la", I lost 4 pounds for the week! {now, daughter is under :whip: strict instructions that the only time that scale should be visible is on Sunday mornings before church! ;) }

I think it was Gina that said that the inches lost need to be looked at as well as the poundages. I'm betting that you have lost many, many inches! It may not show up in your weight today, but you are certainly bound to be skinnier. Now, go MEASURE yourself and don't get on that scale again until Roll Call... :poke:

You are an inspiration to me and to so many here, please don't let that evil scale get you down. :hug: You are "doing" it -- you are a "loser" -- keep on "shakin"!!! :yay: :coolnana: :coolnana: :bananadance:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Denise » May 2nd, 2006, 7:54 am

JOYCE!!!!! Girlfiend..do you realize you Have lost 53 BIG ONES!!!!

You are rockin! I am Exhausted just thinking of that!

You keep your spirit in check.....you are Fab! :lol:
Denise
Preferred member

Postby SandyB » May 2nd, 2006, 8:59 am

Hang in there Joyce. You have done so well and you are doing everything you should do...so you'll probably being seeing a big weight drop very soon.
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby Linda » May 2nd, 2006, 10:49 am

Joyce, as I said in my other post, DON'T stress yourself! Just relax and continue on as you always have...the weight will take care of itself. You KNOW it's just temporary water retention, so don't sweat it. :hug: If hiding that scale will keep you calmer, good choice.
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 2nd, 2006, 3:52 pm

Joyce ~ Don't even sweat the small stuff. We all know how successful you've been and how well MF works. Your results have been outstanding, so far.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mellowmom » May 2nd, 2006, 4:18 pm

Oh Joyce...

I'm so sorry you're feeling discouraged now. We all understand how that #$%^& scale can play on our emotions. As long as you're staying compliant you know you'll succeed.

FWIW I gained 4 pounds a couple of days ago! But then today I lost 5.9! Tough to figure out why. Someone else mentioned that you can get different weights weighing on the same scale within a few minutes. I know this is a fact, in fact, I got different weight readings within a few seconds. (Human nature being what it is...I always chose to go with which ever the lightest reading was...) You gotta do whatever it takes to give the ol' morale a boost now and then.

Hang in there. You are truly one of the leaders on this board and someone whom I and probably all the other members look up to as role model.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby nostoppingme » May 2nd, 2006, 5:12 pm

I thought I was the only one who had my hubby hide the scale! This past Friday I weighed myself for the first time, and had a great loss. I knew this week would not be as good, so I told him to take the scale, and keep it away from me.
It's such a mental thing. It's so possible to be up 3lbs today, and down 5 tomorrow. But, it's hard to not let it get to you. I think it's best to stay off the scale as much as possible because it is just too easy to get depressed over a small one-day gain.
I'm sure it will come back off just as fast as it went on!

:lol:
nostoppingme
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 2nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Thank you everyone. Your support, advice and encouragement has gotten me through a really tough day. I'm so glad to have you all in my corner :)
MusicalMomma

Postby Guest » May 2nd, 2006, 6:20 pm

Hey Ya'll

Do what I do...

Go to the Dr.s and be weighed on a calibrated scale, it won't lie to you, and you can't lie to yourself.

Also, you have control over the days that you weigh on. I only go in once a week and I weigh myself.

It works great for me!!!

Sheila

Stay Strong!

Return to The Weight Room