Need some serious encouragement!!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Need some serious encouragement!!

Postby Saraak » January 21st, 2006, 8:40 am

Hey Guys,

Forgive me in advance for rambling on but I must vent a bit. I'm only 24 and I've been on MF for 2 1/2 weeks now. I've lost 9 lbs which sounds great but to me it feels like its just not working well. The first week I lost 5 lbs in the first 4 days and a total loss of 5.5 the first week. The second week I lost 3.5 lbs and the only days I actually showed a loss was when I accidentally missed a supplement on two different days. This last 1/2 week I have lost nothing! I'm not feeling very great about this. Everyone else seems to have amazing weight loss. I've tried other diets and actually lose quicker that I do on this one or I should say more consistent. The problem is is that I like this one better. I'm not really hungry or craving and on the other diets I did. Please help!!! Has anyone else had experiences like this? Could it be too little calories? Too many calories seeing that I lost when I missed a supplement? Has anyone had better experiences on the complete fast rather than the 5&1 plan?? Please help guys, I'm getting so discouraged but so want to continue with this.
Saraak

Postby Jan » January 21st, 2006, 8:52 am

Hi Sara,
Don't worry you are doing great. A weight loss of an average of 3 pounds a week is considered very good. You are above that!!
Missed supplements can put you into starvation mode. Then, your body will refuse to part with any fat at all. My advice to you would be stay off that scale. Weight loss is not linear. That means we will lose different amounts on different days. Sometimes we can even bounce up a pound or so -- water weight-- it's normal. When we watch the scale toooo closely it's easy to get discouraged. Don't worry -- you will part with the pounds -- I can tell from you post that this is very important to you. MF is the safest and quickest way to do this. In addition once you do get rid of those unwanted additions you'll be able to keep them off.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 21st, 2006, 10:15 am

Jan's right, Sara. Hang in there. Plus remembe that the scale rarely reflects what happened the day before. Usually your weight is more related to what happened three or four days earlier. So it's unlikely that the missed supplements actually caused your loss.

How much are you hoping to lose? I know you said you've lost more on other plans, but you're already losing faster than I did!! And were those plans safe and balanced? I'm sure you probably COULD lose more quickly on a crash diet, but at what cost?

Take care and try to stick with it, and remember that weight loss should be a marathon, not a sprint. We're here for long-term results, not a quick fix.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Saraak » January 21st, 2006, 11:45 am

Thanks guys for the support. Originally I had 66 lbs to lose total. Therefore I am down to 57 lbs. to lose. I have lost more on Atkins, South Beach, as well as weight watchers but once again I was hungry and not happy on those diets. I'll stick it out and keep you guys informed. It's just hard watching all of the others losing so rapidly and consistently and I just have a gut feeling that its not going to be so easy for me.

Sara
Saraak

Postby MusicalMomma » January 21st, 2006, 2:59 pm

awww Sara :hug:

much of the reason some of us lose larger amounts at first is because we have a lot more to lose. From what I've observed, the more you have to lose, the faster the initial pounds seem to come off.

Keep up the good work...you'll be at your goal in no time!!! :drive: You're doing FANTASTIC!!! :thumbig:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Trixie » January 21st, 2006, 6:53 pm

Sara you are doing great! Look at this this way...you've already lost over 13.5% of your original goal in only 2 and 1/2 weeks. That is awesome!! :kool:
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » January 21st, 2006, 8:32 pm

BTW, Sara, you might want to avoid the Sunday roll call. I can't even go in there most weeks for fear of turning bright green with envy. Not an attractive look for me. :mrgreen:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby stelar » January 21st, 2006, 9:06 pm

Sara, I'm think it's awesome that you've lost that much weight! 9 pounds is almost a full dress size! Most programs tell you that you are successful if you lose 1-2 lbs weekly ... you've doubled that! I know this is so cliche but, you didn't gain the weight over night give yourself some time. Go grab a bag of potatoes at the grocery store to see how much you've lost. You're fanatastic! :D :D :D
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Saraal » January 22nd, 2006, 7:42 pm

Thanks guys! You're all so great :D

I do feel much better and you guys are all right. I suppose I don't have as much to lose as some and that would make a difference.

I'll keep you guys informed and thanks again!
Saraal

Return to Weight Loss