I really need some help and encouragement

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I really need some help and encouragement

Postby getting2goal » April 29th, 2007, 6:30 pm

Most of you guys here knew me this time last year as falisamarie. I was doing so well on program. I started Jan 15, 2006 and by June 23, 2006 had lost just over 100 pounds from my highest weight and right at 90 pounds on program. Then I fell off the wagon and since that time I have put all my weight back on and then some. I am miserable right now. I know that Medifast works and works fast and great but I just can not seem to find the motivation to get back with it. None of my clothes fit and what does looks awful. I still have all my size 16's hanging in my closet just thinking that maybe someday I will be able to get back into them. I just want to kick myself everytime I think of where I would be now if I had not given in just that one time. My health is failing too because of this weight. I have been put on blood pressure medicine and a beta blocker and have to go see a cardiologist.

I hope that someone can encourage me to get back at this. Also if any of you are on program and doing well but think that you will maybe cheat just once....don't do it.. don't end up like me.

thanks for listening

Lisa
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » April 29th, 2007, 6:50 pm

Hey sweetie! Remember me? :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you fell off the wagon and it rolled over you hehe. You want motivation? If your health problems aren't enough go look at your photo thread.. go read your old posts.

I remember how SOO happy you were and we all could see such a difference in you - not just physically but mentally and emotionally!

C'mon back girl, jump in! The water's fine. :D
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KellyC » April 29th, 2007, 7:24 pm

Hi, Lisa,

Boy do I know how you feel.
If you need to talk to someone, feel free to send a message any time.

Just remember, you did it once, you KNOW you can do it again!!
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 29th, 2007, 8:51 pm

Lisa, we are here for you. Get your journal going and check in with us as much as you are able for motivation, encouragement, cyber hugs and the kick in the pants when needed. ;)

Just as an idea on how to get started again....all you have to think about is the day you are in. Start in the morning and promise yourself (and us - if it helps) that you will stick to program 100% for that 24 hours. Then, when you get up the next day, make that same commitment and promise......day 2 will be done. Keep just thinking that you can do this for the hours in one day.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 29th, 2007, 10:07 pm

Welcome back Lisa! I'm so glad that you are back, as I'm sure everyone one else is too!

Just remember that we are all here for you in good and bad times to help you through your journey. Just stay close to the forum and you'll be okay! :hug:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » April 29th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Lisa,
I'm still here and still struggling with you. I should have reached goal, but am hangin in there and keepin at it. You can do it.
So far, I've lost 75 since last April and Di has lost an awesome 105, so you can get back on and join us in the road to goal.
There are some great tasting new products too, so its even easier... ;)

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 30th, 2007, 1:52 am

Welcome back. Have you considered how lucky you are? You really are. You just have to surrender to the program and you won't have the doubts or reservations of a newcomer because you know this works. It's a fact. You have proven it yourself. You can do this and we are all here to give you as much encouragement and support as you need and then some more! Thank you so much for your warning about cheating just once and it leading to your downfall. It's the engine that kills you, not the caboose. I needed to hear that.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 30th, 2007, 4:20 am

Lisa, My heart goes out to you. I know how it feels to see the weight loading back on and feeling helpless to do anything. Well, I know and you know that you can do something to stop the madness! All you have to do is decide that you want it more than the chocolate or bread or whatever it is that you can't seem to avoid.

You know that Medifast works. You know that it's not painful to be on Medifast. You know that when you follow the plan it's downright easy! All you need is the desire.

Ask yourself what it is that is so important that is keeping you from getting started again. You've been through alot in the last year......the move alone must have been very stressful. You just need to stay compliant for the next 3 hours to get started again. During that three hours, go back and read your journal (what a great idea Pashta!) You were such a motivator last year at this time. Reading your posts may bring back some of the spark you had then.

Most importantly, don't disappear if you slip off. Stay here and face the music, hehe. We're pretty good at giving you what you need, be it a swift kick in the pants or a hug. I think you could use both right now.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 30th, 2007, 5:09 am

Serendipity wrote:
Most importantly, don't disappear if you slip off. Stay here and face the music, hehe. We're pretty good at giving you what you need, be it a swift kick in the pants or a hug. I think you could use both right now.

Not from YOU, Joleen! :lol:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Serendipity » April 30th, 2007, 5:40 am

Awwww, why not? I give pretty good hugs. :cry:
jo
Serendipity

Postby bikipatra » April 30th, 2007, 5:46 am

Serendipity wrote:Awwww, why not? I give pretty good hugs. :cry:

You do! I was referring to the kick in the pants. :lol:
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Serendipity » April 30th, 2007, 6:07 am

I'm pretty good at that, too! :mrgreen:
jo
Serendipity

Postby bikipatra » April 30th, 2007, 6:14 am

Serendipity wrote:I'm pretty good at that, too! :mrgreen:

You definitely have skills! :D
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » April 30th, 2007, 8:45 am

Serendipity wrote:Ask yourself what it is that is so important that is keeping you from getting started again. You've been through alot in the last year......the move alone must have been very stressful. You just need to stay compliant for the next 3 hours to get started again. During that three hours, go back and read your journal (what a great idea Pashta!) You were such a motivator last year at this time. Reading your posts may bring back some of the spark you had then.

Lisa~ I think Jo has an excellent point. All you need to start is the ability to stay with it for 3 hours. If you can make it, then go another 3 hours. When I re-restarted MF in January, every minute was a struggle and I literally celebrated every minute that I stayed compliant. Those minutes turned into hours, which have turned into days, and now months.

I did the same thing, Lisa. I lost weight and then fell off the wagon and gained it all back. I beat myself up over it for almost 2 years. Constantly saying.....what if???? Unfortunately none of that helped. You have to stop beating yourself up and just reach deep down within yourself and find the strength to survive one day and then another and then another......until you have reached your goal. You've done it once......you can do it again and we are here to help in any way we can.

Donica
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » April 30th, 2007, 9:15 am

Welcome back. You've gotten excellent advice and already you've helped others by warning us not to cheat even 'just once.' We don't all listen, but that's human nature, right?

I agree with Jo - get back on, make the decision, and if you do slip up, don't run away. The problem won't go away, and we won't either. You are lucky to know that it works and to know that you have it within you to succeed. Climb back on the MF wagon - it's a heck of a ride!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.