QueenieLou

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby queenielou » June 6th, 2007, 8:22 pm

Hey hol,

I think I'll take some classes at the law school this fall and decide from there if I'll actually get my JD. We shall see...

Coach outlets are the best for finding large bags that will hold books. I buy a big bag every time I go to a Coach outlet. Fortunately, that's usually only once or twice a year. I have a problem telling myself no.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby queenielou » June 6th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Today was the start of my second week of the couch to 5k challenge. So far so good. I'm actually enjoying the jog/walk. I thought I might miss today because I got home late (thanks to Biki and H&M :) and I still had to cook dinner. Fortunately, I had a quick recipe to try tonight so the chicken cooked while I jogged/walked.

I'm doing the workout on my treadmill for right now. I hope to move outside eventually but for now it's easier to keep track of my time on the treadmill. There are podcasts to go along with the workouts but I'm not getting an ipod until I lose 50 pounds. Then maybe I'll buy one. I keep putting off buying one because I don't think everybody in the world should have one so as long as I hold out, everybody won't have one :)

The iphone looks like the best gadget ever, but I do not have anything important enough to do or say on a $500 phone.
queenielou

Postby bikipatra » June 7th, 2007, 1:48 am

queenielou wrote: I have a problem telling myself no.

That's okay Queenie, isn't that why we're all here? ;)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » June 7th, 2007, 9:36 am

Heyyyyy sweet lady!!!...gosh that's so good you're working out on your treadmill:+)...i have one too sitting in the sun room but not getting any use from me...seems like it affects my lower back..i'm always in lower back pain after i've walked on it...maybe it's from having had a stroke..so i do the walking video tapes, but now that it's FINALLY nice outside, i'll go walking with my neighbor...she LOVES to walk:+)

Keep up the GREAT work girl!

love'ya
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby queenielou » June 7th, 2007, 2:20 pm

You might be giving me a little too much credit for my treadmill workouts, Chynna :oops: I've had it for a year and a half and most of the time it was not in use except as a place to hang clothes. But fortunately I really like doing the Couch to 5k plan so far so at least I'm the treadmill three times a week.

I had a walking partner for about a month but it was still relatively cold then and we were walking on the track in the gym. I stopped going mostly because I don't like have a preset time to workout. I like to get it in when I want to and not because somebody is waiting on me. Maybe my walking partner will be willing to start up again this summer when I'm much more flexible schedule-wise.

I don't have any lower back problems, but I would feign injury at the slightest chance that I would have to do all the yard work that you do :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful anniversary!
queenielou

Postby queenielou » June 9th, 2007, 11:58 am

According to my ticker, I've been on plan for 50 days. I've lost 25 pounds in those 50 days which is terrific! Once again, I had to look at the bigger picture to realize that an average loss of a half a pound a day is anything but slow.

Today was my 3rd day and end of my first week at Curves. It's still harder than I expected. The couch to 5k plan is so much easier compared to Curves so far. The good thing is I'm moving and losing!

Since Saturday is my weigh day, I'm down 2 pounds for the week. I hope to move out of the 20s and be in a new club soon.

Now if I could only figure out how to stop buying new clothes I'll be good :)
queenielou

Postby bikipatra » June 9th, 2007, 12:25 pm

queenielou wrote:

Congrats on your weight loss.! Don't feel bad about the shopping. Just be careful because your body will change rapidly. Think transitional. When I first outgrew all my clothes, between Land's End and Ebay I spent 500 bucks. The Land's End stuff is stretchy so it still fits very well. Some of the things I ordered on Ebay, like skirts, I have never worn and no longer fit me. I tried to wear one skirt a week or so ago and gave up after having to safety pin it to my panties to keep it up. I love dresses more than skirts and shorts and pants with a tshirt, tank top or cute blouse. That being said, I spent two hours today on Ebay placing bids and putting items on "watch" but most are stretchy and will have some life to them.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby queenielou » June 10th, 2007, 8:26 am

Thanks for the advice, Biki. I'll try to find pieces that will fit now and later instead of just now. But if you keep posting pics of yourself in such cute clothes, I'm going to have an even harder time not going out and trying to find them (like the H&M shopping trip you sent me on and the bcbg ebay watch I'm on) :)
queenielou

Postby holberry » June 10th, 2007, 8:31 am

morning queenie!
congrats on the weight loss!
yes, that shopping addiction is tough. I seem to have slowed down a bit...
But dang, it sure is fun to get new clothes and feel cute.
watch your wallet!
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DonnaS » June 11th, 2007, 8:29 am

queenielou wrote:According to my ticker, I've been on plan for 50 days. I've lost 25 pounds in those 50 days which is terrific! Once again, I had to look at the bigger picture to realize that an average loss of a half a pound a day is anything but slow.

Today was my 3rd day and end of my first week at Curves. It's still harder than I expected. The couch to 5k plan is so much easier compared to Curves so far. The good thing is I'm moving and losing!

Since Saturday is my weigh day, I'm down 2 pounds for the week. I hope to move out of the 20s and be in a new club soon.

Your doing great Queenie! How long after you started your diet did you start exercising? I want to exercise too but I'm afraid of a stall.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby queenielou » June 11th, 2007, 10:37 am

Hey Donna,

I waited until the end of my second week before I started doing anything and then all I did was walk on the treadmill at 3 to 3.5 mph. I went home for about a week and only got on the treadmill once while I was there but I did some work moving and packing. Once I got back here, I started the couch to 5k plan from coolrunning.com. The next week (last week) I started going to Curves.

Even after working out every day last week (from Sunday to Saturday) I still lost 2 pounds. I feel much better about myself knowing that I am being active. I plan on only working out 6 days a week but last week I walked on Sunday anyway. I didn't work out yesterday so this week I will only do 6 days.
holberry says:

watch your wallet!

Unfortunately, I watch it come out of my purse too often! I'm trying to make myself stick to the promise I made not to shop anymore until I'm under 200. One day at a time... :)[/b]
queenielou

Postby DonnaS » June 11th, 2007, 11:25 am

queenielou wrote:Hey Donna,

I waited until the end of my second week before I started doing anything and then all I did was walk on the treadmill at 3 to 3.5 mph. I went home for about a week and only got on the treadmill once while I was there but I did some work moving and packing. Once I got back here, I started the couch to 5k plan from coolrunning.com. The next week (last week) I started going to Curves.

Even after working out every day last week (from Sunday to Saturday) I still lost 2 pounds. I feel much better about myself knowing that I am being active. I plan on only working out 6 days a week but last week I walked on Sunday anyway. I didn't work out yesterday so this week I will only do 6 days.

So have you lost each week that you have exercised? I'm thinking about doing thirty minutes on the treadmill each day. I'm wondering if I need to add another supplement too. Thanks for your input.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » June 13th, 2007, 8:34 am

Hey girlfriend!!!...wasss'up???

How are you doing with Curves? I joined Curves last year but didn't stick with it, but am seriously thinking of rejoining for something different to do ya know:+)
Keep us posted on any results!

Have a Supa'Dupa' day my friend:+)

Love you,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby queenielou » June 13th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Donna: yes, I've lost every week, even if it's only barely a pound.

Hey Chynna!

I'm glad to see you and I hope your nausea has gone away. Yesterday was the start of my second week at Curves and it was so much easier than the first week. I think having my heart rate monitor helped. It let me know when I was over 85% of my target heart rate so I knew exactly when I was doing too much.

I'm doing the fitness study for a week, so by the beginning of July I will have an update with any inches and weight lost after doing Curves three times a week for 4 weeks.

I'm off to go jog - today is the start of my third week of the Couch to 5k program. 6 more weeks and I'll be jogging 3 miles (hard to believe, but that's what they say)!
queenielou

Postby queenielou » June 17th, 2007, 10:23 am

What a great surprise this morning to see 219.5 on the scale! I was hoping to get into the teens sometime next week but it came early. I ate too much yesterday - I had steak and shrimp and I had more than one bar. So I didn't want to get up and weigh but I'm glad I did.

I seem to have a good loss after a day at Curves if I up my carbs.

Onederland seems so attainable right now.
queenielou

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal