QueenieLou

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Patty » June 18th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Queenie -

Wanted to stop by and say Congrats on the teens'!!!

Great job :cleader:
~Patty~

Back on track - 11/23/07

Patty
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby queenielou » June 18th, 2007, 4:32 pm

bikipatra wrote:Remember, I'm old and smoke! Not running material.

Lol. You're already so cute and stylish that you don't need to jog.

I have been pretty inactive for most of my life except for my senior year in high school when I spent a ton of time at they gym. In middle school, I quit the basketball team because I was lazy but I convinced my parents it was because I wanted to spend more time studying :) They knew I wasn't the physical exertion type of kid anyway. They sent me to math and science camp instead of basketball camp in elementary school. Of course, I did ask to go to math and science camp (I wanted to do anything besides work on my grandparents' farm for the summer) but for some reason I thought I could play basketball when I had no experience or no reason to think I could. When I made the team in middle school, it was because I had a good attitude (coach's words), not because I could dribble. My family and I still laugh about that.

My new apartment building has a yoga studio on the first floor. My under 200 gift to myself is to go try it out. Also, there's another Curves really close to where I'm moving so hopefully I can continue to do Curves 3 days a week for a while.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby queenielou » June 18th, 2007, 4:33 pm

SuzyQ66 wrote:I used to do my eliptical all the time...the problem is that on MF the eliptical wipes me out. But when I was faithful with it - anytime I did my treadmill I had to jog in order to feel like I was getting the same workout. I hadn't jogged in years - and to think a couple of months ago I was able to do it for 15-20 minutes - far cry from 3 miles but it was still something. Need to get back there.

I used to really like working out on the elliptical machines at the gym. There a couple of them in the gym at my apartment complex that I used to use semi-regularly. I agree that you have to work a lot harder on the treadmill to feel the same way you do on the elliptical. What kind of elliptical machine do you have?
queenielou

Postby queenielou » June 18th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Patty wrote:Queenie -

Wanted to stop by and say Congrats on the teens'!!!

Great job :cleader:

Thanks, Patty! I remember cheering when Nickieluv made it into the teens thinking it wouldn't be long before I made it there, too. I hope it's not long for you either :) Keep up the good work.
queenielou

Postby bikipatra » June 19th, 2007, 2:42 am

queenielou wrote:
bikipatra wrote:Remember, I'm old and smoke! Not running material.

Lol. You're already so cute and stylish that you don't need to jog.

awwww, thanks!

I have been pretty inactive for most of my life

I never even took gym after middle school. I went to a performing arts school my first two years of high school and movement classes counted as PE. At my new school, they just carried over.

My new apartment building has a yoga studio on the first floor. My under 200 gift to myself is to go try it out. Also, there's another Curves really close to where I'm moving so hopefully I can continue to do Curves 3 days a week for a while.

I really admire your dedication to your physical fitness. It is a wonderful thing!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 19th, 2007, 6:02 am

Hi Queenie - I have bought Bare Ecsentuals at Sephora myself. It might be a good idea to check that out first and then look online at QVC.com and order one of the kits. That's how I first started on Bare Ecsentuals. I bought a kit that came with the makeup along with the brushes. I seem to get good deals at QVC. I also like visiting the Bare Ecsentual store but we don't have any around here. The closest I think may be Mall of America. Those are nice because they will do your makeup for you. I have also been to the one on San Francisco. Let me know if you end up trying it. I love it.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby queenielou » June 19th, 2007, 6:25 am

bikipatra wrote:I really admire your dedication to your physical fitness. It is a wonderful thing!

Thanks, Biki! I admire your perseverance and the 70 pounds that you've dropped by the wayside :)

SuzyQ66 wrote:
Hi Queenie - I have bought Bare Ecsentuals at Sephora myself. It might be a good idea to check that out first and then look online at QVC.com and order one of the kits. That's how I first started on Bare Ecsentuals. I bought a kit that came with the makeup along with the brushes. I seem to get good deals at QVC. I also like visiting the Bare Ecsentual store but we don't have any around here. The closest I think may be Mall of America. Those are nice because they will do your makeup for you. I have also been to the one on San Francisco. Let me know if you end up trying it. I love it.

Thanks for the info, Sue. I've been meaning to get to the Mall of America the past couple months but I keep putting my trip off because I don't want to buy clothes that won't fit for long. Well, actually, I do that all the time but I wanted to be able to wear a smaller size and have the clothes fit when I leave the store before I drive to Minneapolis. But I will definitely go the Bare Escentuals store the next time I get a chance. I will check to see if there is one in Atlanta since I'm going there at the beginning of August.

And for those of you who bothered to read this far, this morning I'm in the 30 pound club!

Let the dancing commence - pop, lock and drop it! Lol, I'm a little excited because my gift to myself for losing 30 pounds is to get a facial. I've never had one before but I'm calling the spa today to make an appointment. Yes!!!!!!! 30 pounds are gone from body in just 60 days! I'm dancing again. Now I gotta dance my butt into the shower so I can go to work. Woooohooo!
queenielou

Postby DonnaS » June 19th, 2007, 7:24 am

Congratulations on the 30 lb. club, your doing great girl! Thanks for the info on the exercising too. I checked out the couch to 5k program and hope to start it at least by next week. Keep up the good work.
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby queenielou » June 19th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Thanks, Donna!
queenielou

Postby Tawanda » June 19th, 2007, 7:43 pm

Congratulations on the 30# club! 30# in 60 days is something to dance about!! :D
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby Sojourner » June 20th, 2007, 10:25 am

queenielou wrote:Let the dancing commence - pop, lock and drop it!

:dancinguy: :dance:

EXCELLENT!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby queenielou » June 20th, 2007, 10:31 am

Thanks, Tawanda and Sojo!

Today started week 4 of my couch to 5k plan. I decided to go ahead and jog this morning before I left for work - a major accomplishment in itself since I usually never exercise early in the morning even if I set my alarm to get up in enough time to do it without being late. Today's jog was much much harder than the last 3 weeks. The plan for this week is to jog 3 minutes, walk 90 sec, jog 5 minutes, walk 2.5 min and repeat that cycle again. The 5 minute jogs were tough. I think it was because I increased my walk speed to 4 mph from 3.5 mph so I didn't catch my breath enough between jogs. I don't know. It was a little disappointing for the jog to be so difficult because I jogged for much longer times at a heavier weight before. But that wasn't so recently, so I just need more time to get some endurance back.

My officemate is thinking of running a marathon in October, so he's a good resource for running information and he told me not to worry about today being so difficult since it has a lot to do with what I ate yesterday and the time of day I jogged. He said we have off days and maybe this was one of them. That was encouraging.

This evening I'm going for a walk with a friend so that's why I had to get the jog out of the way this morning. Hopefully the walk will be easier than the jog!

Oh, and this morning I found myself doing something I never thought was possible - I really wanted to have some MF oatmeal! The maple brown sugar was the first MF meal I tried and I really thought I was going to have send all of my food back after tasting and spitting it out. But this morning in a meeting, I got excited thinking about tomorrow's breakfast because it's an oatmeal day.
Last edited by queenielou on June 20th, 2007, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
queenielou

Postby holberry » June 20th, 2007, 10:50 am

Hey Queenie!
:runner: good for you. IMO when I ran, I had some days where it was like a boulder was on my shoulder and then the next was like floating. Im really proud of you for doing this 4 weeks woman :D
And your weight loss is rolling along eh?
hugs,
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » June 20th, 2007, 11:49 am

Queenie - between you and Biki you guys have been pumping me up to get back on a regular exercise regime. I lost that last month when I got sick. But you guys just seem to make it sound so exciting. I need to put together a plan. Thanks!! And if I did not mention it before....too lazy to go back and look....CONGRATS ON THE 30 POUND CLUB!!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby queenielou » June 20th, 2007, 7:11 pm

holberry wrote:Hey Queenie!
:runner: good for you. IMO when I ran, I had some days where it was like a boulder was on my shoulder and then the next was like floating. Im really proud of you for doing this 4 weeks woman :D
And your weight loss is rolling along eh?
hugs,
hol

Thanks for the kind words, hol. I'm glad to know that there are some bad days when it comes to exercising and that everyday won't feel like today did.

SuzyQ66 wrote:Queenie - between you and Biki you guys have been pumping me up to get back on a regular exercise regime. I lost that last month when I got sick. But you guys just seem to make it sound so exciting. I need to put together a plan. Thanks!! And if I did not mention it before....too lazy to go back and look....CONGRATS ON THE 30 POUND CLUB!!!

I'm glad you're deciding to start exercising again. It really does lift my mood. And thanks! [/quote]
queenielou

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal