Please be aware of non compliant suggestions...

Add your favorite recipes.

Please be aware of non compliant suggestions...

Postby Lauren » July 21st, 2006, 10:39 am

Hey, folks-

Totally don't want to stir the MF pot at all, but can we all just be careful about what recipes we're posting here?

QuirkyIQ, I am thrilled to see you've had such success here, and I'm happy you've come over to our forum, but I am concerned about the recipes you've been posting here and calling MF compliant. Many of the items in these recipes are not following the MF plan in its best form, and while some of us "veterans" can easily weed out the inconsistencies, I am concerned that the "newbies" will take your recipes and run with them.

Tomato paste, rice vinegar, red peppers, etc., all not part of the plan. A safer bet if you're going to post a recipe is to do what others have done, and sort of mention that it may be stretching the lines a bit on the MF front. A sort of "swim at your own risk" sign, if you get my drift.

Folks, I want to see everyone here be CRAZY successful, and a teaspoon here and a tablespoon there of things that are higher in carbs and calories DOES matter. Why slow the process down?

Thanks everyone, and QuirkyIQ, for your enthusiasm. Cheers!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 21st, 2006, 11:48 am

I'll agree with you on that one Lauren....

While they may be passed by the Medifast nutrionists, if someone starts using these recipes daily and mixing them with bars for instance during the same day, they may get into trouble.

We're not raining on anyone's parade here, just making everyone aware to use additions to the basic plan sparingly, if at all.

Almost everyone here who has had the greatest (if you want to call fastest the greatest) success, have nearly all religiously followed the QuickStart guide.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Amber » July 21st, 2006, 12:35 pm

A recurrent theme & one well worth repeating-
Thanks, Lauren!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber