I finally had a 100% compliant day.....Yipee!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I finally had a 100% compliant day.....Yipee!

Postby DonicaB » June 16th, 2005, 6:48 am

Well, I finally did it. Yesterday was the first day in 3 weeks I managed to stay completely compliant. I have been just kicking myself in the BUTT and saying, COME ON..........JUST DO IT. :deadhorse:

I do have to say though, I had a queezy stomach all day yesterday. I'm not quite sure why. Food kept trying to creep into my mind all day yesterday, but I stood fast and just kept saying outloud...... NO......NO.......NO. :uhuh: I will not give in to temptation. :twisted:

This is how I have been feeling....... :bahhumbug: ......and I'm sure a few of you have been wanting to thump me on the head and knock some sense into me. :3head: I am feeling much better today. It is amazing what one day of planning and staying compliant can do.

I feel my WILL inching itself back in to place. I may just make it afterall.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » June 16th, 2005, 7:02 am

............... :clap: :clap: :clap: ......................now I will shoot ...... :shoot: .....those little food demons.... :twisted: ......out of your memory bank..........and replace them with thinny angels...... :angel: .....who will be providing you with strength...... :weightlift: ........ :D :D :D :D

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » June 16th, 2005, 7:12 am

Congratulations on day 1 Donica! We knew you could do it. That should give you the kick to move on to day 2. Don't forget, we're here.
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby junglejane » June 16th, 2005, 8:10 am

You can do it!! We will do it together. Trust me, I am the LAST one to go pounding on anyone about compliancy. Glad you are finding your will power too. Mine still is trying to hide from me but I am getting quicker about finding it before it is under the wine and cheese again. So far so good. I know it is hard to get back on again but I now see it is possible if you just get through those first 3 days again. It gets tougher every time I wonder off so I am determined not to wander off again. I'll need a lot of support on my vacation week starting June 25th. Going to the mountains with the hubby, kids, and some close friends. LOTS of opportunity for foody and drinky issues there. I'll stay compliant if not for any other reason I'll do it for you Donica to help support the fact that it can be done. In a way, you will be my inspiration.
We will emerge to show the beauty within...

junglejane
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 16th, 2005, 8:18 am

yee haw donicab!!
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
i knew you could do it girl! im glad you came on with an update

good luck today...one day at a time, or one hour at a time, if need be.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » June 16th, 2005, 8:28 am

Donica-

I knew you would get back on track!! Doesn't it feel better then beating yourself up! I am happy for you!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fedup » June 16th, 2005, 10:37 am

Yeah Donica!!! That's how it is, 1 day at a time! :cheers: So keep on slurpin girl!

We're all human, we know what it's like to slip! And we're all here to help you back up! I know how easy it is! I slipped yesterday myself! I was so happy about my weigh in that I'm not sure how I let myself slip! But, I did! So, now what??? I stopped the slip, back on track, and about to have my 3rd supplement for the day! Just like you, aiming for a 100% compliant day!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby tink » June 16th, 2005, 11:24 am

Donica I am so proud of you! :hi5: I had a food slip not very long ago and I came to the boards for morale support. I did something for the first time in my life though I acknowledged the fact that I messed up and I got right back on track that very day. In the past I would have always just thrown in the towel and gone back to my old terrible eating habits. :hammerhead: It doesn't matter if you catch it in a day or 3 weeks the fact is you are back on track that is the most important thing! You should feel so good about yourself!

Keep it going you can do it!!! :cleader:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby fedup » June 16th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Yup, just like tink, I got right back on track! I too, usually never do this. (I used to use my slip up as an excuse to just go off any "diet" I was on!) So this is a victory in more than 1 way! ;)
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » June 17th, 2005, 5:41 am

Thanks everybody. Yesterday was another completely compliant day so that's 2 days in a row. YIPEE! :yippee: I noticed that yesterday I felt stronger than the day before and today I feel even stronger and really have no doubt that I can make it through the day compliant. :weightlift:

Tink~~I do the same thing.......when I cheat I just throw in the towel. Well not this time.............I refuse to give up. I don't care how many times I have to restart.........I will not give up. :lightbeam:

Fedup~~I need to learn that a slip up does not have to turn into a 3 week ordeal. It definitely is a slippery slope.....it's like trying to walk uphill on a sheet of ice. Thank goodness I had a lifeline (you guys) thrown to me.

Junglejane~~I too will be going on a trip (another camping trip) the first week of July. I have already decided that I must prepare.....prepare.....prepare. I must stay compliant. You will be my inspiration that week to prove to both of us that it can be done. I will be praying for you while you are gone that you will have the strength to endure any temptation that comes your way. :angel:

Again, thank you......all of you.......for being so encouraging and supportive.......and for not giving up on me.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby tink » June 17th, 2005, 6:01 am

Donica - I know when we take trips or get around a group of people there is an added stress not only with food but also others reactions to our MF plan. I mean just at work for the first few days my coworkers would say "WHAT IS THAT" or "EWWW" that looks like a urine sample in that jar! GROSS WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING! :x I think after about 1000x I finally have gotten the point across it is MEDIFAST and something that I enjoy and it makes me feel great! Sigh .. Okay I went off there didn't I .. HA HA

For your trip marinate your chicken breast, cut up squash or other grillable veggies, mushrooms, fish or your lean meals take them with you on ice to throw on the grill if possible. You can always throw in a bottle of low fat dressing and a bag of prewashed/cut lettuce in that cooler also. In other words customize your food to what you know you need to have and don't fall prey to what others may bring. I have done this on one occasion and instead of fatty sausage and hot dogs the other folks were cooking up I popped on the grill my marinated chicken,mushroom,squash kabobs and boy they were jealous then! :mrgreen:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby 70 » June 17th, 2005, 6:09 am

DonicaB and the rest of the gang,
It's good to know I'm not alone. I've been having the same problem being compliant too. I keep restarting every morning, do great until evening, then CHEAT! I know it's because I get bored with the food and the bars are so good that I have more than I should. It's hard when there are always so many events centered around food constantly ( typical summer time events and get togethers). I don't want to give up like I did a year and a half ago, the first time I tried M.F. I want to achieve goal this time. Evenings are when I used to binge every night so I know that is my dangerous time. I haven't been binging anymore, but that is the time I still end up going off program. I know I shouldn't though because it's hard to keep starting over again. It's still morning and so far I've been o.k. Hopefully I will stay compliant an entire day also. I love watching everyones great progress and sometimes wonder how some people are able to stay on program for so long without messing up. I give them all ALOT of credit. Ketosis or no ketosis it's still a difficult program to stick to, but I know it does work. Good luck everyone. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Thanks,
Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » June 17th, 2005, 2:16 pm

70~~Maybe you should try changing your nightly routine. What do you normally do at night? Do you watch TV at night? I find watching TV, especially alone, really causes my mind to wander. Something about watching TV makes me hungry. Needless to say I haven't been watching much TV lately.

Maybe we both need to take up knitting or something like that. Something that will keep our hands busy......something other than moving our hand to our mouth. :mrgreen:

Maybe others out there could give suggestions of things we can do to keep our minds off of food?????

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby 24KaratGold » June 17th, 2005, 3:29 pm

tink wrote:Donica - I know when we take trips or get around a group of people there is an added stress not only with food but also others reactions to our MF plan. I mean just at work for the first few days my coworkers would say "WHAT IS THAT" or "EWWW" that looks like a urine sample in that jar! GROSS WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING! :x I think after about 1000x I finally have gotten the point across it is MEDIFAST and something that I enjoy and it makes me feel great! Sigh .. Okay I went off there didn't I .. HA HA

I just have to comment on this. If ANYbody -- at my work or in my personal life -- were to make a comment about the "urine sample" that I was drinking, I'd be VERY in their face about their rudeness, to the point of a complaint to their supervisor. It's mean, it's vicious, it's unprofessional, it's a putdown, and if one really wanted to get obnoxious about it, if you are on this diet as a result of a doctor's advice, and this food is Pharmaceutical Grade food product, it's arguably harrassment based on medical treatment and/or disability. Somebody would say something like that to me at work exactly ONCE.

Don't let the a******s (hi Mr. Snippy!) get away with that.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 17th, 2005, 6:14 pm

aw c'mon 24.........that's the attorney in ya talkin'. Sounds like Tink got her point across without bringing a bunch of you know what down on herself by threatening a lawsuit. I agree with you though, those co-workers were mean.

Tink, what was in the jar? Soup? I wish it was a chocolate shake. You coud have said "Well, if this matches one of your urine samples, please step further away from my desk........no tellin' what the heck kind of disease you may have. Ever heard of safe sex?"

Or........you could say, "Well, you should know, after all......you are the expert on urine samples.........you have to provide one every time you get pulled over"

Or......."You sure are hung up on urine samples. Tell me, after sampling did you ever go ahead and place an order?..........or are the free samples enough for you?"

The main thing is to always have a snappy comeback.........no one wants to lose a verbal joust in front of others....especially when they started it in the first place. Some people just want to show off and pick on others. Did they say it loud enough for their "pals" to hear? If so, they are just craving attention........probably from some terrible childhood experience......haha.

Hang in there Tink.......some people stay children no matter how old they get. (Hey! I think I just described myself! :mrgreen: )

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room