I finally had a 100% compliant day.....Yipee!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby want2Bthin » June 17th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Dean0408 wrote:Tink, what was in the jar? Soup? I wish it was a chocolate shake. You coud have said "Well, if this matches one of your urine samples, please step further away from my desk........no tellin' what the heck kind of disease you may have. Ever heard of safe sex?"

Or........you could say, "Well, you should know, after all......you are the expert on urine samples.........you have to provide one every time you get pulled over"

Or......."You sure are hung up on urine samples. Tell me, after sampling did you ever go ahead and place an order?..........or are the free samples enough for you?"

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Dean- You crack me up!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 18th, 2005, 6:54 am

When I read Tink's post about comments from co-workers and her urine sample looking jar.....................I read it in the context that they were teasing her like my coworkers teased me about being the powder lady. I never really even considered that someone would actually be mean about someone trying to lose weight and improve their health. I guess I just assumed that most people worked with wonderful people like I do.

Tink~~I hope they were teasing. ;) If they weren't......use one of Dean's comebacks. :shock:

BTW~~I made it through my 3rd day also. I think I might just be back in control. Look out Thinnyville.......here I come.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » June 18th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Donica..........the time has come to put the off plan eating behind you. (well, actually.......depending on how much off plan eating you did.....it is already probably behind you ;) )

Notice I said "off plan eating" and not "cheating". I have decided not to call it cheating. The plan is not a game nor is it a sport.......and it is not income tax. It was actually a broken promise........a promise you made to yourself.

Is there a plus side to it? Some will say no.......but I believe there is. Some people really struggle with not eating "normal" food. In fact, I believe most people are in this group.......it is only natural. Sometimes, after perhaps months of compliance (or even sem-compliance), people stray a bit. The longer you stray, the harder it is to get back. Actually, you did quite well in getting back after that many weeks of off plan eating. So......congratulations on that!

Now that you have had your "taste" of the foods you wanted, think about whether or not they were as fantastic as you remembered. Were they? Think about how you felt, not only physically but emotionally as well. Did you feel better or worse? I think you felt guilty............not because you owe us anything, or because you would disappoint us........but because you owed yourself something and you disappointed yourself.

Because you have tried the "Dark Side".......and have come back to the good side of the "Force", you will have an even stronger committment to succeeding. Additionally, I think you will remember how you felt while on the "Dark Side" and this will help you to avoid temptation in the future.

I am proud of you for once again being compliant.........I am also happy for you. One day in the very near future, you will hit that goal and you will be beaming. We will be beaming too........and will wildly celebrate your success along with you.

Hope your weekend is great.........keep smiling,
Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » June 18th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Donica, great job of getting back into it! You're on the right track and you WILL be successfull. Keep up the great work!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby joysea » June 18th, 2005, 8:51 pm

Donica~
I had been in exactly the same place as you...but with Nancy's sage advice, I am now four days compliant.

Nancy wrote:

"If the food doesn't come in a Medifast Packet, don't eat it." She also advised to skip the bars for a while or use them only every three days or so. I didn't think I could eliminate the bars, but because I am really striving to lose 12 pounds in the next four weeks, I have done so...and actually the urge to binge on sweets is dissipating!

Since March, 2003 I have lost 57 pounds and I need to lose between 12-17 pounds to goal. My son is getting married on July 16 and per Nancy's directions, she thinks I could lose another dress size by the wedding! I am not sure if I am going to weigh myself until after the wedding, but rather rely on the measuring tape....I don't want to get hung up on the numbers.

I feel confident again...and it certainly sounds like you are, too!!!
We ARE doing this and it really feels good to be in control, doesn't it?

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 19th, 2005, 6:22 am

Dean~~thank you for your kind words. One problem with the Dark Side is that I DO like the foods, they did taste great, they were fantastic. (I love food).......but, as you said it made me feel guilty and I felt terrible for not sticking to the commitment I made (once again) to better to myself.

This is the first time in my adult life that I have gotten back on plan after going off plan for any length of time. In the past even 1 day off would have done me in. I did make a commitment to myself and I am going to accomplish this.

Joyce~~I am so happy to hear that you have found your way back to the right side of the "FORCE". :lightsword: You're right, it does feel good to be back in control. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You are going to look wonderful at your son's wedding. I am sure he is very proud of you. 57# is quite an accomplishment. Thank you for sharing your struggle with me. It really helps to know that I am not alone.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » June 20th, 2005, 3:18 pm

Donica, that is fantastic!!! You are doing awesome by keeping up the good work. I noticed myself being more compliant when DH hopped aboard the MF bandwagon (he started June 6th) and I lost 5lbs the week he started!

Glad your found your groove again!!! YAY!

Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room