RErestarting MF AGAIN with 100 Day Challenge!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

RErestarting MF AGAIN with 100 Day Challenge!!!

Postby LAwoman » September 14th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Well, as a RErestarter, AGAIN, what can I say that hasn't already been said?

I've been checking into this fabulous forum now and again to see...
1. lots of Newbies making a wonderful decision to start MF and create a healthier (and in some cases, happier) life.
2. lots of success stories who are at, near, or moving towards their goal (and I would love to name all of you who have inspired and motivated me,
but it would take too long) ;)
3. many (re)restarters, like myself, who may have reached goal and gained weight back, or come close to goal before slipping back and gaining or maintaining.

Well, here's my story - 2 1/2 years ago, I stumbled onto MF, joined, and came within a few pounds of goal after only around 5 months. I have restarted several times since then to lose anywhere between 15-40 pounds, only to slip off MF and return to my old eating habits.

I think I'm finally getting it, whether I'm on MF, or at goal maintaining, I must eat healhty and sensible to stay at a healthy weight and to look, feel, and be a healthy person. This is hard to admit, and I know it's obvious, but I admit I always had the idea lurking in the back of my mind that I could reach goal and then eat what I wanted. I KNOW, I KNOW, you don't even need to say it. :oops: And I've always been very active, but you know, it gets much harder to be very active as I get older and carry around this extra weight.

Soooooooooooooo, here I am, humbly returning, looking forward to your support, motivation, inspiration, or just kind words to keep me going to goal.

10 days ago, I created a little journal that runs 10 days on each page. I printed up 10 pages to start my first "100 Day Challenge". At the bottom of each page is my weigh-in day, so it's kind of motivating to have 10 days to lose. I just remind myself, "come on, it's only 100 days." And now, it's only 90 more days with 11 less pounds to lose. I'm so excited to get to that last page and see how much closer I am to goal.

I'll keep checking in when I can. I look forward to seeing how well all of you are doing, and I can't wait to share how much less of me there is in only 10 more days. ;)

Oh, and I'll have to give back those 9 lbs. and go back to the 10 pound club, but now for long
:lol:
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » September 14th, 2007, 5:20 pm

LAWoman - it's important sometimes to state the obvious, that you can't just eat whatever you want once you reach goal. I've struggled with that kind of thinking and obviously have not learned my lesson - since reaching my mini-goal of getting under 200 pounds, it's been like an eating fest for 5 or 6 weeks now - I've been on, then off, lost a little, gained it back - it's so exhausting!

I was just noticing on my Christmas countdown clock that tomorrow will be 100 days left until Christmas. I signed on for a two-week challenge but already blew it today. I like your idea of the 10-page journal taking you through 100 days - plus, I just really like making little charts and things - so thank you and I'm going to promptly steal your idea and make myself a little something to maybe help with motivation. A daily checklist, so to speak.

Thank you and good luck on your remaining 90 days!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » September 15th, 2007, 3:31 am

Welcome back~ I love a woman with a plan!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » September 15th, 2007, 7:08 am

Welcome back!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

wow!

Postby Charity » September 15th, 2007, 9:36 am

Tawanda wrote:I will not sacrifice the thing I want the most for something I want at the moment.

The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

I love these sayings! I have printed them out and placed them on the fridge. Any look at your ticker! I started around Feb too but fell off track after about 30 lbs but look at you!!!!! Wowie! You are doing awesome.

Thanks for the wisdom and the example!

Christy
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LAwoman » September 16th, 2007, 10:10 am

Thanks for your welcome back ladies:

Biki, you continue to be an inspiration by your sheer determination and constant words of encouragement for all.

Nicki and Tawanda, I love watching your constant wt losses and positive words of advice.

Christy, I agree, those are great words to keep going. In fact, I used the "will not sacrifice" one twice yesterday, and it worked :lol:

We'll just keep on keepin' on, all the way to goal!!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » September 16th, 2007, 12:03 pm

Welcome back LaWoman!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » September 16th, 2007, 12:13 pm

Welcome back to you LAwoman. Thank you also for your remarks in both my and Diana's journals. Its always nice to hear.

Keep shakin' and you will get there.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LAwoman » September 16th, 2007, 4:08 pm

thanks mike, you and diana really are inspirational (and if i thank you for returning me to the 10 lb. club, don't rest your typing fingers yet, 'cause it'll be back to 20 very shortly.)

dede - i remember my last restart, i think you may have been restarting too? you had lots of words of wisdom and support. so let's just move on to goal already :lol:
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2007, 5:30 pm

Hey, LA Woman ~

Good news: You came back!

Our desires and dreams can become our reality. Like your ‘aha’ moment, I realized that if I wanted to reach a healthier weight then I had to do the things that contribute to it – exercising and eating lower fat/lower calorie foods, etc. I never seemed to get it during my previous attempts either but lemme tell ya, I am so glad I tried one more time!

LA Woman, you are doing well; you’ve broken down your goal into manageable bites.

Hooray, you’ve already met some of your goals: you followed the program, you completed one page of your journal and you've dropped weight. Feels good, doesn’t it?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LAwoman » September 17th, 2007, 8:16 pm

Nancy,

You have an amazing talent at saying just the right thing in just the right way, and I so appreciate that. THANK YOU Nancy!!!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » September 19th, 2007, 5:12 pm

LAWOMAN, Just jumping in here to welcome you back into the medi-fold...
WTG, Woman!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.