Is a Starbuck's Skinny Latte Program Compliant?

Add your favorite recipes.

Is a Starbuck's Skinny Latte Program Compliant?

Postby Nancy » February 1st, 2008, 4:27 pm

:byebye: Hiya and Hullo-o-o-o ~

I’ve had a few inquiries about whether or not the Starbuck’s newly featured “Skinny Drinks” are program-worthy.

:x Sorry, Folks, they are not:

Here’s the nutritional analysis skinny on the new ‘Skinny’ Starbuck Lattes…

Flavors: Skinny Cinnamon Dolce, Skinny Mocha, Skinny Vanilla Latte, Skinny Hazelnut Latte, Skinny Caramel Latte

Size: Grande

Made with nonfat milk and w/o Whipped Cream

Calories 130
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Carbs 19 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 12 g

The ads are deceiving – they say 90 calories per drink – that’s the stats for the Tall size, not the Grande as I listed above.

The shorter Tall versions have 90 calories/ 14 g Carbs / 12 g sugars / and 9 g Protein per drink…

I go with a Tazo tea for 0 cals and 0 carbs or a Grande house coffee – black or with a drip of half and half…

That way ya stay in the Fat-Burning zone. :bravo:

You can get the same effect using a Medifast Vanilla Shake stirred into coffee and experiment with some of the sugar-free syrups.

There are recipes for program 'safe' versions located throughout the MakeMeThinner Forum here, just use the little search feature ^ up there and you'll find them.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

what about sugar free thrown in?

Postby Joy » February 5th, 2008, 8:56 pm

May I ask about having a tall, skinny, half caf made with sugar free vanilla or carmel?

respectfully,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: Is a Starbuck's Skinny Latte Program Compliant?

Postby Mike » February 6th, 2008, 12:34 am

Nancy wrote:
The shorter Tall versions have 90 calories/ 14 g Carbs / 12 g sugars / and 9 g Protein per drink…

Lots of sugars there too from lactose in the milk. It would be better, and in a pinch you might be able to get away with having this in an emergency situation, but its still not on-plan.

As my lovely wife has reminded me, "how about an americano with a little half and half". I keep forgetting that its the flavor of the espresso in the latte that I like, not necessarily the milk. I've been doing that and having them add SF caramel syrup (which I did with the latte's before).

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » February 6th, 2008, 9:55 am

Hey Mike - My sis, Jane (the one in Sandy), about had a FIT when she got here (Central Ohio) and realized that we do not have the coffee shops like she is used to. I don't think she can survive without her 3 shot Americano with SF vanilla, just a splash of lowfat milk (for color I guess) and no foam. She knows the closest coffee shop to where she is going everywhere in the Metro Portland area. It was so funny to see her here where we have one coffee shop about 10 miles from our house.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » February 6th, 2008, 10:42 am

rodeomom wrote: It was so funny to see her here where we have one coffee shop about 10 miles from our house.

RM, I laughed at this. Because I am exactly like your sister. I would drive those 10 miles for my Dunkin donuts coffee. I think I know where every dunkin donuts is in the state of NJ. since I am in sales I am on the road a lot. :lol:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » February 6th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like a good cup of coffee, but I know my sister must spend $20 or more in coffee a day. But I guess since she is clearing $1000 a week as a Global Director with TSFL she can afford it.
rodeomom

Postby Unca_Tim » February 6th, 2008, 4:20 pm

rodeomom wrote:But I guess since she is clearing $1000 a week as a Global Director with TSFL she can afford it.

As a GD, she should be making substantially more than that...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » February 6th, 2008, 6:47 pm

katieb920 wrote:
rodeomom wrote: It was so funny to see her here where we have one coffee shop about 10 miles from our house.

Kinda like when I go to Oregon. I know where all of the Dutch Brothers are in the area that we go. ;)

Also, on what Unca said, $1000 sound more like an RD anyway... right Unca?

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby rodeomom » February 6th, 2008, 9:33 pm

Well, she is my sister and I am sure she isn't giving me all the details on her financial status. That amount was actually given before she made GD come to think of it. All I know is that she is clearly making more money than I am right now since I am on worker's compensation, barely getting $800 in a month :x . Try that on for size.

At any rate, she does love her coffee and is very used to getting it when she wants it which is usually NOW. She doesn't like Starbucks, though. I found she prefers the smaller "mom and pop" kind of coffee shops.

The shop near us is a Carabou (sp) Coffee and I like them MUCH better than Starbucks. Their coffee isn't nearly as bitter. Like you, Mike, I am learning how to drink it without the milk. I just ask for fewer shots of espresso and an extra shot or two of SF flavor in the same size cup. I don't seem to miss the milk (esp if I don't "see" that it isn't in there"
rodeomom

Postby Mike » February 6th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Sounds good to me Bren. Someday you'll be tootin' around the country, exploring all of those little coffee shops yourself.

BTW... I heard today at our staff meeting that our MIDDLE school band is now no longer competing at the MIDDLE school level, but rather the HIGH school level, and is no longer on the NATIONAL level, but the WORLD level. Apparently one of the big competitions is going to be in Dayton... that anywhere near you?

If so, and you get the chance, check em out. I can't recall if it was the drumline or the winterguard.

Hope all is well there, and enjoy the americano. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby rodeomom » February 7th, 2008, 12:32 pm

Dayton isn't too far and I love watching marching bands (though I HATED being in one) -- sounds cool, I will have to look it up.
rodeomom

Hey I use to march

Postby Liz » February 9th, 2008, 8:20 am

Not only did I do High School Band but I marched in Drum Crop and Winterguard. I marched from age 11-18 in several corps.

As for Dayton ,while on tour there with my Drum Crop, my ex-husband's and I had our first date I was 12 (a month away from 13) and he was 16. He walk up the the Football Hall of Fame window and said to the woman one adult and one child.

I should have end it right there and then...anyway we had two beautiful boys. So everything happens for a reason.
Liz
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby ladyhawke » February 12th, 2008, 7:25 am

UGH, I loathe Starbucks with their inferior burnt beans and furthermore,
Here is a letter from an active duty Marine Sgt:

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to
let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they
send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines
thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not
support the war, nor anyone in it, and that t hey would not send the troops
their
brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by
buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I
know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't
mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and
house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can
discard it and no one will never know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
Sgt. Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS . . ALLOW IT TO BE
PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE
THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT! ! !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire
fighters
and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for
the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! ! !
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » February 12th, 2008, 7:35 am

Wow, Ladyhawke, it's been ages since we've seen you, it's great to see you again!

While I am not a coffee drinker, so couldn't care less about Starbucks - I am not sure I can believe that their PR rep would EVER say such a thing. Many corporations have spoken out against the war, but none have been so politically INcorrect or inhumane as to say that they don't support the people/troops.

And as a side note, I live in Manhattan, and was here for 9/11, and I can assure you that many workers were indeed receiving free wares from Starbucks and all the other nearby businesses.

Again, I don't care if Starbucks didn't exist - doesn't affect me at all - but I always worry about these "chain" letters that get everybody angry, but may be more full of propoganda and falsehoods.

Just my 2 cents.

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby ladyhawke » February 12th, 2008, 7:49 am

Hi there Lauren, congratulations on your success and I have many, many times repeated how you said to yourself once you made up your mind for MF that you just did it...no turning back and that became my mantra.
I have thanked you many times and I thank you again in "person".

I found this statement from Starbucks on Urban Legends after the Sgt got his answer from corporate Starbuck's....to me they are terrible and Dunkin' Donuts is much better.
Said statement:

'In its own response to the email rumor, Starbucks explains that while the company has "the deepest respect and admiration for U.S. military personnel," corporate policy prohibits direct donations to U.S. troops because the military doesn't fall under the strict definition of a public charity. Individual employees are free to donate their weekly pounds of take-home coffee, however, and according to Starbucks' statement many have done so'.

Big whip, as we used to say...they are letting their minimum wage employees donate their own weekly stipend.
They should be ashamed!
Last edited by ladyhawke on February 12th, 2008, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine