Need suggestions

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Need suggestions

Postby chinadoll1965 » January 24th, 2006, 10:02 am

With my job I travel alot. Well I MF after my last and was not expecting to travel anywhere until March.

Last night my son's bowling team won their regional division and now I am leaving perhaps as soon as tomorrow for the state tournament.

Help - how do I manage to stay on the program while I am away in a hotel room and will be taking kids out to eat for all 3 meals!
235/227/140
chinadoll1965

Eating

Postby Jan » January 24th, 2006, 10:28 am

It's a little late to order Ready To Drinks now but they are really great to have on hand when traveling.Order a few to keep for "just in case" ---poke in the straw and slurp away.
Take along your packets of MF. and your shaker jar plus bottled water.
If possible put it (the water) in a cooler to keep it cold and just mix up your shakes. Have a shake before breakfast (for the boys) then you can have tea or coffee while they munch away. Remember your mid morning meal -- then have another shake -- if it's not toooo soon after the mid morning for lunch. Off you go with a diet soda to drink while the boys eat. Then of course your mid afternoon -- a bar is good now -- and then a lean and green ( salad, veggie meat) You finish up the day with another shake. I thinks shakes are easiest to do "on the road" since you don't have to cook them. Just keep your goal in mind. You'll make it. The boys will be chattering sooooo much at the meals that they probably won't even notice you aren't eating that greazy stuff we used to call breakfast and lunch!!
:mrgreen: jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Lauren » January 24th, 2006, 10:37 am

Do you have oatmeal packets? If so, they are really easy to transport and use while traveling because most hotel rooms have a coffee pot, and you can make the hot water in the pot, and mix it into a mug/cup. You can also request hot water at restaurants, and just mix. I find oatmeal to be the next best traveling companion to my RTDs.

Have fun!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 24th, 2006, 11:32 am

and don't forget your one bar a day...that's really easy :) You can do this chinadoll...it may be tricky, but you can make it work, we all have faith in you!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » January 24th, 2006, 4:59 pm

All great suggestions. I traveled quite a bit when I first started, and one thing I did was bring extra bars. We're only supposed to have one a day, but when you're stuck somewhere and don't have any other options, you could do a lot worse than have an extra bar. I still carry a couple in my purse, just in case I get caught somewhere without anything (which happened today, actually; I was out longer than I expected and suddenly realized I was overdue for my meal).

In hotels, I also would either heat water in the coffee maker or ask room service for some hot water, and mix up some cocoa or soup. They're usually pretty accommodating about that stuff (they even brought me a little dish of salsa, which I like to add to some of the soups).

The RTDs are great, but can be kind of heavy to pack if you're going to be gone awhile. Packets and a shaker jar or Blender Bottle don't take up much room at all.

Oh, and try to plan your mealtimes for the day around when the kids are eating. So you're not just sitting there while they eat.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » January 24th, 2006, 7:38 pm

Maybe bring a thermos and fill it with hotel ice in the morning and make a multiple batch of shakes and drink them during the day. They will stay cold.

I'd hang on to the meat and salad for the big meal out at night. Might be an end of the day no worries thing. Breakfast is fast enough with either soup or oatmeal if you run water through an empty coffee filter. Bars on the road woo hoo!!
sidrah
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss