Suggestions for Traveling on MF????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Suggestions for Traveling on MF????

Postby Drama Queen » March 27th, 2006, 10:46 am

I know a lot of you travel for business and have no problems with MF on the Road. I'm leaving this Saturday for a full week in Southern California. Disneyland & Universal Studios here I come!!! (Will they let you bring RTD's into the Parks?)

We are staying in a Hotel with Microwaves and Refrigerators in the guestrooms, so that's a relief. Many days I will be leaving the Hotel around 9AM and not return back until 10PM or later.

I'm planning to take RTD's as well as packets and bars. How do you pack all this stuff for traveling? And how do you pack your RTD's for the plane trip? When you are going to be on the go all day what do you do?? I have no problem doing my Lean & Green in restaurants because I eat my Lean & Green out every day normally. But what about when the friends you are traveling with are eating all their meals out??

Any suggestions and advice would be helpful. I want to stay on plan and I know I can do it!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » March 27th, 2006, 12:24 pm

It's really not hard, and the good news is you'll have plenty of room in your suitcase on your way home (for souvenirs). I just pack it all, including plenty of stuff for the plane and in airports, in case there are any delays. Basically, just take a little backpack or something and put all your meals for the day in there (plus a couple extra just in case). It's easy enough to grab an RTD or whatever while you're on line for a ride.

If you absolutely need to because you can't mix up a shake or you run out of RTDs or something, have an extra bar. If you're really, REALLy desperate, have a second, smaller lean and green. **NOTE: These are emergency measures only. I don't recommend doing it all the time, of course.**

The biggest problem I have on trips is making sure I get in all my water, so be sure to do that (they sell it all over the parks, so it's not hard to get). If you have a watch with a timer, that might help you remember to eat every few hours; I've found it can be easy to forget when you're out having fun and your friends DON'T eat as often.

As for how to pack it, I usually put the packets in a Ziploc-type bag in my suitcase. I put bars in a little plastic pencil case so they don't get squished and my Medifast crackers in my Blender Bottle or shaker jar for the same reason. And I make sure I have plenty of supplies in my carry-on (usually a backpack, which I then use to tote stuff around when I'm going to be out all day).

Have fun and don't stress too much about it. You'll have a great time. (Oh, and don't weigh as soon as you get home because the plane will cause some water-weight gain.)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » March 27th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Hi DQ, we just got back from Disney World and they were fine with us bringing our rtd's and bars with us.

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 27th, 2006, 3:42 pm

Thanks DogMa and Musical Momma for your quick responses. Your tips have relieved some of my travel anxiety. Very glad to know that I can take my Bar and RTD's into Disneyland. I agree, DogMa, getting all my water in is going to be the hardest.

Thanks again for the tips!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby DogMa » March 27th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Be sure to use the bathroom BEFORE you get on line for water rides like Splash Mountain or any popular rides with a long line. I speak from experience. :)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 27th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Thanks for the advice Robin!!! Reading your post I almost spit out my Chai Latte!! LOL

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Universal Studios

Postby gillian » March 29th, 2006, 5:41 pm

Hi. When I was at U.S last year, they would not even let me bring in a pack of gummies for my daughter. They said I had to keep anything food or water in the parking garage, and the security, gate checkers were total jerks about anything. It was not just me either. They WILL look in your bag. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » March 29th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Im not sure if Universal is more strict in CA. but here in Florida I have been two or three times since starting medifast in february and have packed shakes along each time. good luck!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby lauradr » March 30th, 2006, 6:53 am

I was in FL and they had know problem with bringing medifast in its for our health and if they say anything tell them that. But us fl was great and disney was to good luck and have fun
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 30th, 2006, 8:53 am

It's as easy as telling them it is a Medical plan prescribed by your Doctor.

They wouldn't tell you to leave your prescription meds at the gate.
Give it a try...:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Drama Queen » March 30th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Thanks for the great advice. I'll keep the medically perscribed option in mind should they try to stop me at the gate!! I'll let you know how it goes...
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 1st, 2006, 6:18 pm

Road warrior here,

Almost everything has been covered. I LOVE my little playmate cooler backpack. It comes with a little cold thingee you can freeze every night. As for the theme parks, the only thing they didn't like when I told them I was on a medically prescribed plan (and I mentioned diabetes too, which I don't have), they took away my bottled water and I had to pay $4 each for em, but I had my rtd's & my bar, so I was golden!

I pull everything out of boxes, put in ziplocks and send them in their own little suitcase (with a little in my carry on...just in case!). I put the bars in the tupperware container with the lid that I travel with to make soup with to protect them. I've only been home for 2 1/2 days since I've been on MF and I'm still kicking, so I know you'll do GREAT!

I totally second the go pee BEFORE you get in the ride lines! Have a BLAST!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss