Other Medifast Dealers & Questions???

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Other Medifast Dealers & Questions???

Postby Lisa Renee » July 7th, 2005, 7:48 pm

HI all, just placed my order with Lisa C. and I have to say she is WONDERFUL!!! She took her time with me and has such a great attitude.

I have a couple questions. I must admit, I have visited several medifast websites and I have to tell you, this is by far the best. What I am questioning is this one website where they sell medifast 70 shakes predominately, and suggest doing the "medifast" modified plan where you keep your carbs under 60 a day and also it seems to direct everyone towards medifast 70 instead of 55 because of the higher protein... They said that staying under 60 carbs a day keeps you in ketosis and that any more carbs than that puts you in "ketoacidosis" instead...I haven't heard of this before and if I drink 3 shakes a day and eat two soups or 1 bar and 1 soup or oatmeal and my lean and green meal, I will surely be over 60 carbs a day...Why doesn't medifast mention this on their main website? Am I hurting my weight loss if I have more than 60 carbs a day??? (PS, I fainted on Adkins, so not sure ketosis is my friend..lol)

---Strawberry
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 7th, 2005, 7:53 pm

I've been following the program the way it is preached on this site -- which is the way that the Medifast company's protocol lays it out -- and have lost over 73 pounds in less than six months.

Strawberry, you either trust the program or you don't. The information from that other site sounds like they don't know what they are talking about. Google search ketoacidosis and you will educate yourself about it. It's generally associated with diabetes or alcoholism. You aren't diabetic or alcoholic, are you?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » July 7th, 2005, 8:09 pm

Nope, but thanks for asking ;)
Lisa Renee

Postby Terri » July 7th, 2005, 9:55 pm

How fortunate for you that Lisa C is your health advisor - she is OUTSTANDING!! ;)
Yes follow the program as she coaches you and you will have great success!!
The five and 1 is the plan to follow - it gives you a great balance of carbs, protein and fat.
This is THE BEST forum and web site to get the correct nutritional information.
Since this is used at the John Hopkins institute - I trust that it is very safe!!
Stay close to Lisa she knows her stuff!!!

Terri
Wow this is such a great program
- David and Terri Miller

Terri
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby martha » July 7th, 2005, 9:59 pm

STRAWBERRY---

I also thought about Ketosis and the amount of carbs we are getting at first BUT Nancy and Bonnie and all my friends here on this site have told me to follow the program as it is laid out and it will work.. It is working great for me.. :D somedays I do the 5 and 1 and some days the complete program.. and have lost over 50 # in less than 3 months.. Just ignore the other sites and trust all of your new MF friends and Nancy and you will be losing parts of you in no time.. :mrgreen: Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lisa Renee » July 7th, 2005, 10:45 pm

You all are swell, thanks for the encouragement! :mrgreen:
Lisa Renee

Postby dlr2424 » July 8th, 2005, 10:01 am

Strawberry......... :scratch: .........I am an analytical person..... :no: .....not a pessimis at all..... :mrgreen: ...more optomistic..... :hmmm: ....but my nature is to anaylize so much..... :rollrolleyes: ......so for people like myself it is very common to check everything out and question why... :idontknow: ....maybe wonder what would be better..........however when I find something tried and true I no longer need to analyize and then I fully TRUST....... :yay: ......this plan works perfectly..... :yes: .....there is nothing to reinvent...... :D .......it is THE BEST PLAN THAT HAS EVER COME ACROSS MY PATH...... :bouncie: ......a proven method..... :trophy: ...FOLLOW THE STEPS...... :thumbup: ....REAP THE REWARDS......keep shakin

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby mytime » July 8th, 2005, 9:32 pm

Strawberry- do what is best for you = you have to live with the results. We are here to support you in whatever you decide. Bottom line - you can't go wrong with MF !

24 and Martha - you guys are my weight loss heros !!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Pati2400 » July 9th, 2005, 7:26 am

Strawberry- like you I am a sceptic. When there are so many "quick fixes" out there that don't work, It's easy to finally get gun shy. I know, I have made most of them rich! But, this website and this program is true in it's honesty and experiences. Will you and I have perfect results? I don't know, but I know the people on this website are a community and you and I are really among folks that are honest and truly caring here. There is no magic (except Magic Bullet--LOL) and everyone is challenged to understand and deal with their own day to day issues. However, that said, I can only suggest you give it a 100% commitment since you have ordered, and use the forums and tools and councelors to help you through it. Watch what happens. Good luck- I'll be watching out for you! Pati
Pati2400

Return to The Weight Room